New HBO series "Ballers" starring The Rock

That whole family was outta line at the restaurant. How is mom gonna bring everyone?

Bruh I promise you that this show so far is on point, it's crazy. These young players are fools with their money.

It is man, especially if you've come across former lesser known players who are now regular joes. Wife doesn't usually hold it down like big boys though, she misses the lifestyle and almost resents him.

just watched the two episodes, minus the language and nudity, this could pass off as a VH1 drama type show.

It's missing something seriously.

That intro song is terrible, and the fonts they used to list the credits look cheap as hell.

Rocky is carrying this show like AI in the finals. Win the first game, but in the end too much weight. Unless some drastic changes occur, I see this lasting 2 seasons only.

per HBO standards, this show is awful 
mean.gif
mean.gif

Only watched the first episode but please don't compare this to entourage. Show is complete utter garbage. Shame on HBO for putting out this show....show should be on Fx

How to make it in America >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ballers

Not impressed... not in the least- reminds me of the show a few years back on TBS or TNT with Ray Romano and Andre Braugher about a few washed up dudes and their struggles. The whole notion of ball players being taken advantage of and having the whole crew leeching off them is pretty played out. We have heard and know of this. My guess is it obviously still happens, but probably gets addressed early on and often by agents, money managers, etc... in this day and age. Nothing new, innovative, funny, or even remotely interesting here. If it doesn't improve by next episode I think its destined for a quick drop. Can't sit through an entire episode of True Detective 2 either........

Are you kidding me, how did this show even make it to air..it sucks. I'll be surprised if there is another season.

damn y'all really hate this show that much? it's entertaining to me, nothing more, nothing less

I enjoy the show for what it's worth and I thought episode two was alright.

Reggie is a punk though lol. Trying to pull the "after all we been through" line...Dude is just scared he won't have anymore money. lol.

We still need a tru Ari character to ooze evil and mayhem. As with all shows I will give them 5 episodes.

I didn't see the first episode, did see the second and I thought it was cool. Needs to be an hour though and they definitely gotta change the intro sequence. It looks cheap as hell :lol:

Almost like they ain't giving the Rock a fighting chance with an intro like that.

I watched the first 2 episodes off the strength of the Rock and it's not garbage but it's boring. It's like a PG version of Playmakers. None of these characters stand out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom