New Jordan V releasing (early 2021) White/Stealth/Black/Hyper Royal?

Straight up idiocy indeed to pay full price to acquire crap for resale just to make only $10 to $20 per sale after all that overhead and fees.
StockX and GOAT are the ones making out. There are some smart resellers, but a lot of stupid ones too.

I've thought the same thing for a long time, but now I'm not so sure. After reading the original article on that Hebert kid, you can see it in a different light. Yeah, the people buying one or two pairs just to flip and make practically nothing are lame as hell. My question is, how many super resellers like Hebert are out there? People who make real livings at it? Because if you're selling 500-plus pairs per month, a $20 profit on each sale still makes sense from the reseller's standpoint. I'm not excusing it, but it makes sense from a business/cash-flow standpoint for the people who are doing that. You're talking $10K/month profit. It explains why these guys buy up almost anything and everything, for the right price. The part of that story that really opened my eyes was the bit about cleaning out outlets of shoes we'd typically say "no one wants." Turns out that's not the case.

Last edited:
Everything sells out now. Havent won anything in awhile. im so over it. Congratulations to all
who got them and wanted them for real. Can’t knock the resell hustle but dang,, they’ve made everything a resell.

I've thought the same thing for a long time, but now I'm not so sure. After reading the original article on that Hebert kid, you can see it in a different light. Yeah, the people buying one or two pairs just to flip and make practically nothing are lame as hell. My question is, how many super resellers like Hebert are out there? People who make real livings at it? Because if you're selling 500-plus pairs per month, a $20 profit on each sale still makes sense from the reseller's standpoint. I'm not excusing it, but it makes sense from a business/cash-flow standpoint for the people who are doing that. You're talking $10K/month profit. It explains why these guys buy up almost anything and everything, for the right price. The part of that story that really opened my eyes was the bit about cleaning out outlets of shoes we'd typically say "no one wants." Turns out that's not the case.

Hebert kid is a very unique case. First, I think it's important to know that the kid lied alot in that article to create the narrative that he worked hard to create the profit margins. The reality is that he was beyond privileged: His mom's position was very influential, he was getting major discounts, etc.

Hebert kid is a very unique case. First, I think it's important to know that the kid lied alot in that article to create the narrative that he worked hard to create the profit margins. The reality is that he was beyond privileged: His mom's position was very influential, he was getting major discounts, etc.
So what you are saying is Joe rode coattails.

Even that fool talks about how most of his margins are relatively low. Regardless of him as the specific example, and whether or not he lied or wasn't clean about all of the details for his racket, all I meant is, a lot of us have looked at reselling to make $20 profit not worth the hassle. But someone selling a lot of pairs will likely find it profitable enough to in fact be worth the effort. There have to be people out there reselling consistently who are doing a lot more than Joe Average buying and flipping one or three pairs per month, and less than Hebert selling hundreds or thousands of pairs each month.

Even that fool talks about how most of his margins are relatively low. Regardless of him as the specific example, and whether or not he lied or wasn't clean about all of the details for his racket, all I meant is, a lot of us have looked at reselling to make $20 profit not worth the hassle. But someone selling a lot of pairs will likely find it profitable enough to in fact be worth the effort. There have to be people out there reselling consistently who are doing a lot more than Joe Average buying and flipping one or three pairs per month, and less than Hebert selling hundreds or thousands of pairs each month.
I think it really is a lifestyle for some and then it adds up.

Got these off finishline raffle just to see them in hand and see if my mind changed on them after seeing talk of the leather. It's okay but nothing too special to me. Still not in love with the CW but they did look better in person. Offered them to my home who wanted them for retail (he has bad luck copping) and he passed so they got sent off to some random SX buyer.

Guess what’s number 1 on GOATS top 20 trending now list 😉 Here’s the rest
#2 UNC 1s
#5 Carmines
#6 Change the World IX
#9 Dark Mocha 1
# Fire Red IV
#12 Jubilees
#13 Silver Toe 1
#14 Georgetown III
#15 Easter XII low
#17 Royal Toe 1
#18 Raging Bull
#20 Patina 1

#2 UNC 1s
#5 Carmines
#6 Change the World IX
#9 Dark Mocha 1
# Fire Red IV
#12 Jubilees
#13 Silver Toe 1
#14 Georgetown III
#15 Easter XII low
#17 Royal Toe 1
#18 Raging Bull
#20 Patina 1

I hope this isn't about to become a regular thing along with your anniversary posts ...

Puchased from Ebay a Jordan V Retro Stealth 2.0 that was delivered after being authenticated. Both shoes had visible cracks in the collar area which is likely synethic leather. Anyone think I should complain back to Ebay about the cracks? I know it's not normal but also realize the cracks will not influence the performance of the shoe. More like a cosmetic blemish. Here a photo of one shoe. Do you think this is just sloppy Jordan quality control ? Anyone else get a apir with these visible cracks, disappointing to say the least.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Puchased from Ebay a Jordan V Retro Stealth 2.0 that was delivered after being authenticated. Both shoes had visible cracks in the collar area which is likely synethic leather. Anyone think I should complain back to Ebay about the cracks? I know it's not normal but also realize the cracks will not influence the performance of the shoe. More like a cosmetic blemish. Here a photo of one shoe. Do you think this is just sloppy Jordan quality control ? Anyone else get a apir with these visible cracks, disappointing to say the least.

I bet the cow they took the leather from had Covid or maybe he was dehydrated.

#2 UNC 1s
#5 Carmines
#6 Change the World IX
#9 Dark Mocha 1
# Fire Red IV
#12 Jubilees
#13 Silver Toe 1
#14 Georgetown III
#15 Easter XII low
#17 Royal Toe 1
#18 Raging Bull