***NEW MPC-5000***

new from akai. my homeboy designed this thing, he's been working on it for the past year. me personally i dont use mpcs, but i figured some of you would begeeked
n819725183_2039425_8228.jpg
supposed to ship in february ormarch. 2-3 g's? big harddrive, synth and a bunch of other stuff. like i said, i dont use mpcs and i dont really know much about them

The new Akai MPC5000 includes hard disk recording and an analogsynth 17-Jan-08
[table][tr][td]
akai_mpc5000.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]Akai have introduced the MPC5000 which they are calling the new standard for music production - a new flagshipMPC with a new synth and drum sampling engine unlike any MPC ever.

The MPC5000 is the first MPC ever to include 8-track streaming hard disk recording, a 20-voice, 3-oscillator analog synthesizer witharpeggiator, a new sequencing engine with 960 ppq resolution, pad and track muting and mixing, 64 continuous sample tracks. There's even a new FX enginewith 4 FX buses and 2FX per bus.

In addition, the MPC5000 features a 64-voice drum/phrase sampler with 64MB memory, expandable up to 192MB. The display is twice thesize of the MPC2500 and MPC1000 so waveforms appear crystal-clear. Integrated Chop Shop 2.0 now supports stereo chops and Patched Phrases. The MPC5000 is thefirst MPC to include Random and Cycle sample playback in addition to velocity Zone Play. A turntable preamp is also included.

The MPC5000's virtual analog synth eliminates need for external analog synth modules or buggy software based synthesizers. The new8-track direct to disk recorder lets you produce your whole song in the MPC and then mix it down with the internal sequenced programs and any input thrumaterial. Add the optional CD/DVD drive and you can then burn an audio or data CD or your mix. Over 650MB of premium-quality sounds from Loopmasters are included to get you up and running with pro-quality productionin seconds.
[table][tr][td]
akai_mpc5000_top.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]
Features
  • 64-voice drum/phrase sampler with 64MB memory built-in. Expandable up to 192MB RAM
  • Three-oscillator virtual analog synth engine with built-in arpeggiator
  • Over 300 Virtual Analog synth presets included
  • Eight tracks of Direct-to-Hard Disk recording
  • Over 40 all new effects available within a modular 4-bus effects processor
  • Master compressor and equalizer
  • Built-in hard disk drive
  • Optional CD-R/DVD drive
  • USB 2.0 port for computer connectivity
  • CF Type-2 card slot (up to 2GB)
  • Chop-Shop 2.0 - slices a stereo loop into individual samples with automatic pad assignment
  • Patched Phrases - creates multiple splits in looped samples to ensure proper tempo sync without changing pitch
  • Continuous Sample Track - ensures samples play in perfect sync no matter where you start the beat in a loop
  • 12 Q-link controllers for internal automation, external MIDI control and quick parameter editing
  • 240 x 128 hinged backlit LCD
  • 10 built-in analog outputs, plus 8 ADAT-optical outputs and stereo S/PDIF IO
  • Powerful new multimode filter
  • Two MIDI inputs and Four MIDI outputs
  • Turntable phono inputs with RIAA pre-amp
  • XLR / 1/4" combo jacks with selectable mic/line levels
  • Sample library provided by Loopmasters.com
Pricing and Availability:
TBC.

More information:

this is gonna flop. please akai, just re-release the 3000. i liked the 2500, but the 500, 1000, and now the 5000 have all been
smh.gif

as an mpc user (2500 to be exact) and someone who was thinking about copping a MV8800....this mpc 5000 might change my mind.... im so used to the mpcworkflow....but i still havent really sat down with the mv that long.... lets see how this goes... and lets see if JJOS gets a 5000 version...with all thatpower, its about to be CRAZY!!!

Originally Posted by TW3EK

too bad there's no keys...who plays melodies wit pads?

a lot of people. anyways im disappointed. really isn't an upgrade over the 4000. it doesnt come with the cd/dvd drive, you have to buy it on top of the$3,500 = weak. synth and 8 control knobs are cool, but they missed with a lot of other things.

[killa BH] Nah SON!!!! [killa BH]

I'd get me a 4000 before I even think to get this...looks just like da 2500. Shame on you Numark...

Yall seen the new Fantom G??? Straight killa....

what makes this better than the MV8800
the mv8800 is still probobly a better machine...but im just used to the mpc workflow (which can be importantant). but like i said, i probobly needmore time with the mv to make my decision....

Originally Posted by Lex Rockhead

Are these easy to use? Im thinkin of gettin one to $%$% around with.

yeah. these are pretty simple. my cousin uses one and he says this is like the easier ones. but he has the 2000
ohwell.gif

i was thinking about getting one of the 2000 or like the 1000...i dont wanna be a big spender on one of these

i was thinking about getting one of the 2000 or like the 1000...i dont wanna be a big spender on one of these
id skip the 2000 and get the 1000...throw the JJOS on it, and you have EVEN MORE fuctionality than the 2000....

Baysick Beats...are you using the JJ os with ya 2500??? I need to put it on mine cuz the midi is all screwed up when tracking....

Originally Posted by BaysickBeatz

id skip the 2000 and get the 1000...throw the JJOS on it, and you have EVEN MORE fuctionality than the 2000....

Where can i get this JJOS at?

I had a mpc1000 for 3 years unused Need to update it but where is that at ?

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

Originally Posted by BaysickBeatz

Where can i get this JJOS at?

I had a mpc1000 for 3 years unused Need to update it but where is that at ?

[size=-1]Results 1 - 10 of about 6,290 for JJ OS mpc 1000. (0.19 seconds)
[/size]

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/

hmmmm
id have to read more on it or try it out
i have to say tho im happy with my 2kXL, wouldnt even upgrade to a 2500, but thats prolly the only machine i like that akais put out recently

Back
Top Bottom