New neighbors move in, do you go over and greet them or keep it moving?

I always introduce myself. Some of the coolest people I have ever met have been neighbors or neighbors of friends.

If they're weird, keep your distance... but you never know. They could be that new jumpoff or smoking buddy.

i live in a condo complex and never took the initiative to go knock on my next door neighbors door to introduce myself. i will always say hello/good morning/etc... if i pass someone in the hall or elevator. the funny thing is, i do know some of my neighbors (kinda not really) and make small chit chat with them mostly cause of we have dogs. we will see each other coming in or going out with our dogs and the dogs inevitably want to stop and play. its kinda strange that we all know each others dogs names, but not necesarily know each others names. The wife and I will just refer to a neighbor as "Rex's owner... the guy, not the woman" or something to that effect. The wife actually had a chat with our next door neighbor about this. We both knew each others dogs names and finally the neighbor just said "I'm sorry, our dogs know each other better than we do. My name is _______ and my husband is _________, its nice to meet you"

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I was talking to someone about this earlier. Down here people generally aren't friendly and many people who move from out of state(especially northerners) always seem to complain about how rude or standoffish we are down here. The house next to me was abandoned for 3-4 years until someone moved in recently. I though about going over but figured I'd keep with south Florida tradition. Do you talk to your any of your neighbors at all?
laugh.gif

My neighbors are cool, usually just wave when i see em. If anyone moved in next to me i'll go over and introduce myself if i saw them outside. no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom