new nexus for $299 w/ out contract? insta-robo-copped

http://bgr.com/2012/10/29/nexus-4-nexus-10-release-date/

Nexus 4 specs include a 4.7-inch True HD IPS Plus display with 1,280 x 768-pixel resolution, an 8-megapixel camera, a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 8GB or 16GB of internal storage, 2GB of RAM and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. The phone starts at a shockingly affordable $299 without any contract or subsidies, and it will launch in the United States on November 13th.

will cop... only problem is it doesnt have LTE...

all the tmobile heads will still have HSPDA, doe...

:pimp: :pimp:

Thats DIRT cheap for da specs offered.

Its da equivalent of a muscle car in cellphone form.

Damn..my galaxy nexus still does work though...i dunnoif i should upgrade

So soon.

This phone is DEFINITELY gonna shake things up at that price.

Last edited:
Soooo I can sell my Epic 4g Touch and cop this and use on sprint?
nerd.gif

Help me out here I've never copped a phone at retail before my 2 yrs was up.

So soon.

this my gnex is still coo
if this nexus is faster than the s3 imma def cop if not imma just wait it out

edit- just read the article 200 with a contract for tmo :x :x :x

google >>>>>>

Last edited:
Soooo I can sell my Epic 4g Touch and cop this and use on sprint? :nerd:

Help me out here I've never copped a phone at retail before my 2 yrs was up.

No. It wouldnt work on sprint (or verizon)

the verge is d ridin this no lte ****

Last edited:
So soon.

still rocking my HD2... its about that time to make that move, famb...

$300 isnt bad for an 8gb... i have all my music on Play Music, anyway...

the fact that its a Nexus device will make me wanna cop more...

and since its so dirt cheap... i'm pretty sure the developmental community is going to be bonkers on this one...

No. It wouldnt work on sprint (or verizon)
the verge is d ridin this no lte ****
The no LTE isn't even a big deal for me. I can live without. All i do during the day is text, social media, and sometimes music streaming. I'm on wifi at home too. I want to see a full on review on the Nexus though still. I'm sure it will be better than this slow *** iPhone 4 i have now. The no contract price is mighty nice. 

Its GSM so HSPDA on t-mobile is plenty fast for folks who havent experienced it yet,

Not to mention thayt OTA updates STRAIGHT from Google >*

Its GSM so HSPDA on t-mobile is plenty fast for folks who havent experienced it yet,
Not to mention thayt OTA updates STRAIGHT from Google >*
I'm on ATT so i am hoping for the same when i make the switch

I'm gonna pass on this and keep my Galaxy Nexus. I never hear anyone say anything positive about LG smartphones which is why I'm shocked Google chose them to build the nexus 4. Plus I keep hearing rumors about Google wanting to release a few versions of the nexus by the end of the year with Samsung, HTC, etc. making the different versions. So I'll wait until then.

I'm gonna pass on this and keep my Galaxy Nexus. I never hear anyone say anything positive about LG smartphones which is why I'm shocked Google chose them to build the nexus 4. Plus I keep hearing rumors about Google wanting to release a few versions of the nexus by the end of the year with Samsung, HTC, etc. making the different versions. So I'll wait until then.

lg stepped it up & has gotten a lot of praise for the optimums g which the nexus 4 is essentially based off of.
& i doubt google will be releasing anything after the holiday season starts
your choice tho

So soon.
Even though I'm loyal to Team iPhone, this statement is 100% true

This phone is really dirt cheap, but I have never bought a phone with out a contract. Can anyone explain how this works if I am currently in the middle of a 2 year plan with ATT? I have just always upgraded whenever my contract has been up, but if I got this phone would I just need to get a sim card for the Nexus 4?? Also what about my unlimited data plan that I have???

where will this be available? I still have my Galaxy Nexus, but this new Nexus sounds interesting. Hope Google rolls out 4.2 for GNex owners

This phone is really dirt cheap, but I have never bought a phone with out a contract. Can anyone explain how this works if I am currently in the middle of a 2 year plan with ATT? I have just always upgraded whenever my contract has been up, but if I got this phone would I just need to get a sim card for the Nexus 4?? Also what about my unlimited data plan that I have???
for starters, your unlimited data plan isn't unlimited ...

They throttle you after 3gb of usage.

You would go into ATT and request a micro similar to activated underneath your #... Or if you have a micro sim... Just pop it in the phone...

This is a good deal for the cheapo nerds, but this isnt a game changer what so ever. Avg consumer doesnt have time to go through all that stuff, I mea you have idiots who recieve phones in the mail with clear instructions on how to activate and they still go into the store to have their phone activated. If Verizon was a GSM network then MAYBE, but nobody is checking for Tmobile at all besides the penny pinching tech savy. I find it funny Tmo is selling this for 200 on contract, dumbest move ever. They could have made this 99 bucks and made a killing.

If I was into android I would have a Nexus on Tmobiles 30 dollar plan, but Tmobile coverage is trash and I`m not into android.

This is a good deal for the cheapo nerds, but this isnt a game changer what so ever. Avg consumer doesnt have time to go through all that stuff, I mea you have idiots who recieve phones in the mail with clear instructions on how to activate and they still go into the store to have their phone activated. If Verizon was a GSM network then MAYBE, but nobody is checking for Tmobile at all besides the penny pinching tech savy. I find it funny Tmo is selling this for 200 on contract, dumbest move ever. They could have made this 99 bucks and made a killing.
If I was into android I would have a Nexus on Tmobiles 30 dollar plan, but Tmobile coverage is trash and I`m not into android.
I totally agree with what you said bro ...

Don't underestimate the market overseas though...

Completely unlocked phones are valuable ...

Almost all that travel heavy will look into this...

for starters, your unlimited data plan isn't unlimited ...

They throttle you after 3gb of usage.

You would go into ATT and request a micro similar to activated underneath your #... Or if you have a micro sim... Just pop it in the phone...

:x :x :x wait so they have been capping off my data after a certain point? I guess I never noticed cause I have been using the wifi often. Yeah that sucks, but I'm on a family plan so I can't really switch plans that easily.

Back
Top Bottom