new nexus for $299 w/ out contract? insta-robo-copped

I might get this. Gonna wait n c what sale tmobile is having on Black Friday first.

Improvements in processor speed are almost unnoticeable at this point. 4.2 is still jellybean, I've played with most of these new phones including the note 2 and see no difference in lag time between usage. Unless there is a major OS upgrade, these phones will peform the same way minus minimal improvements.
I'm a mobile developer and I usually get nexus devices since they get updates on time but you are playing yourself if you think its much different than the galaxy nexus almost a year later.
- Some people passed on the Galaxy Nexus. So this is an upgrade for them.

- Who knows how long it will take for other devices to get 4.2

- The phone is future proof for Key Lime Pie. The same likely cant be said for the Galaxy Nexus.

Personally 4.2 has a feature I have been dying for, Always On VPN. 

So with unlocked phones how does the whole insurance, warranty thing work?

I've had a EVO Shift on contract for almost 2 years and I can't count the number of times I've had to take it in for whatever stupid reason it's decided to freeze up, lock me out, etc.

What would I do then if I needed to service my Nexus phone since there really isn't a brick and mortar google store?

Enlighten me (seriously).

Sorry I don't know crap about phones. No LTE means no data plan? Can I put my AT&T sim in this and not have the extra data charge on my bill?

Hold up does Google start selling these in the play store on the day of release

ANDROID GUYS:

Google Nexus 4 or Samsung Note 2? Pros and Cons?

Also, how seamless is the email/sync for an android phone, especially outlook accounts and Yahoo mail accounts. Is it like an Iphone where u have 1 mail app where you can view all your emails from different accounts in one inbox? This is the only thing that is holding me back from getting a Nexus or Note....

Thanks BRAHS will REP
smile.gif

Last edited:
ANDROID GUYS:

Google Nexus 4 or Samsung Note 2? Pros and Cons?

Also, how seamless is the email/sync for an android phone, especially outlook accounts and Yahoo mail accounts. Is it like an Iphone where u have 1 mail app where you can view all your emails from different accounts in one inbox? This is the only thing that is holding me back from getting a Nexus or Note....

Thanks BRAHS

Pros for Nexus 4:
Pure Android
4.2 version of Jelly Bean
First phone to receive firmware updates directly from Google

Cons:
8/16 GB nowadays is not enough
No expandable storage
No removable battery

Pros for Note 2:
Better multi-tasking
Huge screen
Expandable storage
Better battery life

Cons:
The size can be a turn off
A 2 year contract with this phone costs the same as an unlocked version of the Nexus 4

Personally I'd go with the Note 2 ONLY because the small amount of storage on the Nexus. If you don't plan to store a lot of stuff on your phone go with the Nexus 4.

Last edited:
I dunno bro... With all the cloud servers and streaming services ... 8gb could be enough...

Between photo bucket Google music, streaming my podcasts, ...

You don't need tons of space.

Pros for Nexus 4:
Pure Android
4.2 version of Jelly Bean
First phone to receive firmware updates directly from Google
Cons:
8/16 GB nowadays is not enough
No expandable storage
No removable battery
Pros for Note 2:
Better multi-tasking
Huge screen
Expandable storage
Better battery life
Cons:
The size can be a turn off
A 2 year contract with this phone costs the same as an unlocked version of the Nexus 4
Personally I'd go with the Note 2 ONLY because the small amount of storage on the Nexus. If you don't plan to store a lot of stuff on your phone go with the Nexus 4.
Thank you kind sir. In regards to internet speed, if both phones are on tmobile, which is faster?

$299/$350 for this nexus 4 is really crazy low... I really wanted the Lumia 920 & im a big Nokia fun. but this is tempting. we'll see in this coming days:smh:

my family mostly my dad travels the US all the time business related and we have tmobile because we tried all the other carriers and tmobile has the best coverage srs
edit- arent you the android hater that trolls the official thread every now and then?
roll.gif

cmon son
laugh.gif

I dunno bro... With all the cloud servers and streaming services ... 8gb could be enough...
Between photo bucket Google music, streaming my podcasts, ...
You don't need tons of space.

What i'm saying, i have a handful of albums saved on my phone from google play music just in case i have no wifi or coverage where i'm at. Almost everything i have is saved in some form of cloud.

Late on this due to Hurricane Sandy, but copped.

Think I'm going to do a Nexus 7 w/ 32gb and HSPA, and I might do the 4 as a secondary portable device due to the fact I'm still working with my Blackberry for the qwerty.

Wondering though if I'd be able to swap the same prepaid GSM card (TMo $30/mo. 5gb + 100 minutes) between both.

Loving the direction that Google is taking with Android, and all of their developments in general. Keep an eye on those guys...

Late on this due to Hurricane Sandy, but copped.
Think I'm going to do a Nexus 7 w/ 32gb and HSPA, and I might do the 4 as a secondary portable device due to the fact I'm still working with my Blackberry for the qwerty.
Wondering though if I'd be able to swap the same prepaid GSM card (TMo $30/mo. 5gb + 100 minutes) between both.
Loving the direction that Google is taking with Android, and all of their developments in general. Keep an eye on those guys...
should be able to. Just have to activate a micro sim

If I Android did what I needed I`d be rocking with the Prepaid service right now wont lie, cant beat 30 bucks a month,

so is this phone good? would contemplate selling my iphone 4 and getting this since im still stuck on tmobile til next summer :smh:

so is this phone good? would contemplate selling my iphone 4 and getting this since im still stuck on tmobile til next summer :smh:

its just like every other android, just without skinned software or bloatware. Its not bad just depends if you can get into the OS

on the real... the Samsung guy came into my store today and brought in the int'l version of the NOTE 2...

and we have the ATT branded nexus 4...

is gonna be tough, yall...

this my christmas present to me, doe...

:pimp:

on the real... the Samsung guy came into my store today and brought in the int'l version of the NOTE 2...

and we have the ATT branded nexus 4...

is gonna be tough, yall...

this my christmas present to me, doe...

:pimp:

att? was that ever announced?

Getting good reviews and it's got some really good internals. Combine that with pure android OS, updates as soon as they release, and no carrier bloatware and you've got a :pimp: phone. I came from an iphone 4 on at&t, loving the switch to android. Ios feels so dated to me now.

Back
Top Bottom