New Nike Air Structure Retro

Posted at NiceKicks.com.

Nike has been selling hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of units of retro running shoes this decade. The usual suspects include the Air Max 1, 90, 95, and 97s, but more recently Nike has brought out some of other early 90's running classics. Many refer to any Nike running shoe with an air sole as having Air Max, but this is not the case. The Air 180, Air Stab, and the Air Structure make use of visible Nike Air cushioning which is lighter weight and softer than Air Max.
For the Nike Air Structure Retros that release in 2008, Nike has added some cosmetic touches to the shoes. Mostly releasing in original circa '92 color ups, Nike has added unique patterns such as "rain camo" or this geometric pattern on the shoe to the right. Unlike many shoes from '06, they will not be covered from toe to heel in some hideous pattern but rather just on the rear part of the shoes that can be discreetly covered with jeans.

nike-air-structure-retro-318088-161-2.jpg

That sucks if the rain camo isn't going to be on there, but THIS is. And I'm not saying I want the rain camo, either.

designer at nike: how about we add some block print lettering to the design?
me: *punches designer in the face*

Unlike many shoes from '06, they will not be covered from toe to heel in some hideous pattern but rather just on the rear part of the shoes that can be discreetly covered with jeans.

And what if we don't want to wear jeans with these?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

i understand they want to do something new and interesting to an old shoe, but...FAIL. Nike quit f*ing around and give us the OG.
these are the only ones that will be copped

note to nike: Simplicity really does a long way. Thanks for the info Matt...

I dont think those are that bad.

They could be better, but they could also be so much worse.

I had to come back into this thread just to say that these are horrid.

I've poured over the concept here for the longest, and for the life of me, I can't figure out WHY Nike feels the need to tweak 95% of the retrossomehow. Is is that hard to just release some %!!$ the normal way? I mean, these are a niche shoe, so why not cater to that niche? Do they think using raincamo(which is a ridiculous name in the first place--looks like a bunch of lines to me) and block lettering is gonna make the masses HAVE to have these?

Back
Top Bottom