New Planet Vol. Just like Earth this time

600 light years though? how the hell are we gonna get ANYTHING over there
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Renzo289

Explore more of earth? Where, the ocean? How do you propose we get down there without being crushed like a beer can?
Explore space? Where, the moon? How do you propose we get up there without suffocating to death?
I'm not saying NASA is our savior, but to hate on them for what they've accomplished is ignorant...
I'm not hating on anything they've accomplished that's positively benefited us.I aint talking about smoke detectors, velcro, or vacuums. I'm talking about the egregious waste of money on certain projects and endeavors that could be better used elsewhere. It's well documented on their losses financially and certain failures when it comes to spending. If it wasn't for the state of things they'd still be sending rockets in to space.

So dope
pimp.gif

Imagine being the first person from here to be there, so much punani
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

600 light years though? how the hell are we gonna get ANYTHING over there
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The Event Horizon, of course. Where we're going, you won't need eyes.

event_horizon_6.jpg

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Explore more of earth? Where, the ocean? How do you propose we get down there without being crushed like a beer can?
Explore space? Where, the moon? How do you propose we get up there without suffocating to death?
I'm not saying NASA is our savior, but to hate on them for what they've accomplished is ignorant...
I'm not hating on anything they've accomplished that's positively benefited us.I aint talking about smoke detectors, velcro, or vacuums. I'm talking about the egregious waste of money on certain projects and endeavors that could be better used elsewhere. It's well documented on their losses financially and certain failures when it comes to spending. If it wasn't for the state of things they'd still be sending rockets in to space.

Failure is innate in any discovery process.  Anytime you do something new you will fail.  NASA discovers/invents things.  The amount wasted on any NASA mission pales in comparison to the smallest amount of funding we give to the Department of defense.    

You should up your research game

http://gizmodo.com/582746...s-on-its-entire-military

http://www.gizmodo.com.au...ing-the-never-used-f-22/

If NASA got the funding that DOD did we would be lightyears ahead as a RACE of humans.  If you want to complain about money being wasted you should go talk to them.

As stated nasa is less then 1/2 of 1% of the US budget.  I would rather all of my tax money go to NASA then to fight a war that I don't believe in/ or fix jets we don't use/ or scrape rust off boats. 

This dude ATGD7154xBBxMZ is mad ignorant. I can't believe people like this exist in this world today. Ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Failure is innate in any discovery process.  Anytime you do something new you will fail.  NASA discovers/invents things.  The amount wasted on any NASA mission pales in comparison to the smallest amount of funding we give to the Department of defense.    

If NASA got the funding that DOD did we would be lightyears ahead as a RACE of humans.  If you want to complain about money being wasted you should go talk to them.

As stated nasa is less then 1/2 of 1% of the US budget.  I would rather all of my tax money go to NASA then to fight a war that I don't believe in/ or fix jets we don't use/ or scrape rust off boats. 

Trying to deflect blame on other agencies and departments that waste money is not going to cut it. If this thread was about the DOD, NSA, or bullshh like the war on drugs I'd talk about the copious amounts of money they wasted as well. It's like I say basketball players get paid too much and then someone telling me why don't I criticize how much baseball players get paid.

Yes failure is part of the discovery process but what I'm talking about is in what area we're deciding to accept that risk.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Trying to deflect blame on other agencies and departments that waste money is not going to cut it. If this thread was about the DOD, NSA, or bullshh like the war on drugs I'd talk about the copious amounts of money they wasted as well. It's like I say basketball players get paid too much and then someone telling me why don't I criticize how much baseball players get paid.

Yes failure is part of the discovery process but what I'm talking about is in what area we're deciding to accept that risk.
I see what your saying but its subjective then to you.

less then 1/2 of 1% of the government budget is WELL worth it to me for ground breaking discoveries.  It is not worth it TO ME to scrape rust off boats.  It is hard to quantify life changing discoveries.  Say NASA finds aliens tomorrow....was it worth all the failure, and according to you, waste of money?  I would say its worth 100000x more.  That is a very low risk (to me) for such a high reward.  What is money to me when i can see logical proof that other life exists in the universe. 

I can try to quantify how much its worth TO ME for an athlete to entertain me by throwing a ball through a hoop.  I respond to that by buying/not buying the merchandise and tickets to go see them or pay for tv pacakges that allow me to watch them.  But i personally will easily give HALF A PENNY of my total taxes to nasa at the risk they take to discover the things they do. 

Back
Top Bottom