New Rider here...

sup nt,

i finally got my M1, & ive decided to cop a R6 as my starter bike

but im having problems finding a decent helmet(safety first
smile.gif
)

can someone help me out, like what kind of brands should i choose?

what should be the appropriate price range & what not, info & pics would help a lot thanks

**Edit**
is there a way to make sure my glasses wont fog up? when i wear the helmet?

If you already got the bike, be careful, i always suggest beginners to start off with a cheap/ used bike because they will fall.

That being said

the big name brands are:

Shoei
Arai
Suomy,

i had a Suomy and it felt real good, dampered the sound of the wind, but you get what you pay for.

Price range is $300 to $600 for a good helmet.

nice bike i was thinking a couple months ago to get a bike to. But i didnt what was considered good mileage on a bike and i was looking to spend no more the3500 bucks..that a cool bike tho, i know you cant wait till the summer time to open it up on the road.

HJC is definitely a good deal for the money, just not as flashy as those other ones.. That's what I had and I survived my crash on the freeway...

shoei rf-1000 hands down best helmet for the price. Before i spend money on a helmet i do plenty of research. I just dont see spending 10 racks on a bike butspending 200 bucks on a helmet for your head. id say a decent shoei or arai helemet ranges anywhere from 400-750. Race are anywhere on up in price. Ive beenriding for about 8 years and buy nothing but shoei head protection as ive crashed many times in one and feel comfortable in them. I rock a Shoei RF-1000Diabolic-0 With a tinted visor and a x1 bluetooth chatterbox. Just my thoughts.

shoei rf-1000 hands down best helmet for the price
+1. I picked up the blue nerve, matches my R6 perfectly;
49815c7ff6bbd57e5c568192877bb99988a1bee.pjpg

I actually have 2 (1st one I bought new off ebay, was too big and had to buy another...)

As far as fogging up, if you wear glasses, you can just ride with the visor up, and open all the vents on the helmet.

Shoei Rf-1000 is an awesome helmet. I've had a Shoei Rf-1000 and Suomy Extreme, and I preferred the Shoei more. It's very reasonably priced for whatyou get.

about helmets..
best thing to do is try them on instore, b/c diff manufacturers use different mold sizes..

so a L for one brand, might not fit the same as a L from another brand

I dont ride, nor do i ever plan to, but the bike and helmet combo posted above are sick.

Def the style id be into if i rode.

Ok. Shoei and Arai fit true, or as close to true to size. Now, if you are interested in Suomy, I would get a size bigger, or get your exact size and getsmaller cheek pads. I think they cater to a 'longer' head, if that makes sense.

I would not get a scorpion hjc ekj r3k catp0op whatever. Getting the best of helmets is way better than getting the best of bikes. Safety first.

BTW, I saw first hand a split helmet *hjc* from a light accident. Thought to myself, what if that would have been worse? Slapped down my visor on my shoei andfelt comfortable.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

about helmets..
best thing to do is try them on instore, b/c diff manufacturers use different mold sizes..

Truth, i have a big head 7 5/8 hat... and i have a Small HJC helmet...

I saw that carbon fiber HJC helmet today at the local cycle shop.
I personally ..like Shoei..their helmets and lighter and they seem to be very well made but they're expensive.
Most people I see around have HJC or Shoei
I'm about to get a Shoei RF 1000

rf1000_black.jpg

with a mirror shield..i think it looks really nice.
45161_H_SH315_MW355.jpg

2007_Scorpion_EXO-400_Dogfight_Helmet_Blue.jpg

This is my current helmet it's a scropion can't remember how much I paid for it.

My current bike is......

OP, youre talking about safety first and youre copping an R6 as your first bike.

Lol, come on man...Youre just asking for it.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

about helmets..

Truth, i have a big head 7 5/8 hat... and i have a Small HJC helmet...
Exact same with me same size head i was like what do small head people wear if im a small in HJC crazy! ^ and a r6 was my 1st bike and made thetransition easy GO FOR IT, just ride within your skill range dnt try to keep up with the people around you.... JUST DO YOU and be SAFE!!!!!!!!!!

I'm interested in getting a motorcycle. How difficult is it to ride one? Do you recommend practice?

Back
Top Bottom