New Westbrook signature shoe? (Pic)

Jordan "Why Not?" Zer0.4
Marathon
$130
Available 4/26 at 10:00 AM

"Since Russell Westbrook first picked up a basketball, speed has been an essential element of his game. Russ' end-to-end sprints often end at the rim, where defenders are usually wise enough to simply get out of the way. The Jordan Why Not? Zer0.4 "Marathon" celebrates Russ' quick-twitch game, while also nodding to Jordan Brand's close ties to motorsports and racing."

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210414-092838_SNKRS.jpg

The Why Not? Zer0.4 “KB3” is available starting May 11 from Jordan.com and select retailers. The Why Not? Zer0.4 “Empowerment” is available starting June 17 from Jordan.com and select retailers.

1620138136118.png

1620138148908.png

Jacob Rochester is used to crafting his own point of view within his personal creative universe. Born and raised in Connecticut, Jacob grew up in an environment full of artistic expression; his mother was a painter, and his father was a musician. His two older siblings gave him plenty of added education in the worlds of fashion, art and design.

Now based in Los Angeles, Jacob remains guided by his lifelong passion for art. You’re as likely to find him plucking samples for new beats or watercolor-painting classic sports cars.

Jacob’s groundedness is reflected in the Why Not? Zer0.4 “KB3” colorway, which honors and carries on the legacy of Russ’ late friend and former teammate, Khelcey Barrs III. KB3 is a reminder to cherish and celebrate our loved ones, including those who may have already departed.

“The Why Not? mentality is extremely important to me, and growing up, it always has been,” says Jacob. “I wouldn’t make music or art, or play sports, or be into design, without this way of thinking. I’ve always felt that literally anything can be learned, so it just comes down to saying why not do it or try it.”

1620138165685.png

1620138179061.png

Laci Jordan creates images full of characters who have aspirational fearlessness, confidence and strength. Her work inspires others to see their own potential, much like Russell Westbrook does with his Why Not? philosophy.

Laci’s life story is proof of finding one’s path through curiosity. After growing up in Huntsville, Alabama, she went to college to study criminal justice, computer science and political science. During an internship, she was accidentally given a design assignment and quickly fell in love with her newfound artistic side. In that moment, she decided to pivot her entire trajectory.

Now based in Los Angeles, Laci is a multidisciplinary artist and creative director who has worked with numerous major brands. While her art references pop culture and current events, she carefully focuses on representation and inclusion through her work.

“It’s important to show women living our everyday lives,” says Laci. “It’s also important to emphasize how much we drive culture, particularly Black women, from streetwear to the education system.”

Russell Westbrook has continually pushed for the empowerment of youth and women. The new WNZ.4 “Empowerment” represents these values, with colors inspired by the beige and orange WNBA ball. Laci used this palette as the foundation for her piece.

“My work tends to be very bold and colorful and something that stops you in your tracks when you see,” she adds.

Mission accomplished.

1620138186488.png

My goodness, why is the hate and disrespect SO STRONG towards WESTBROOK?! Yes he, (then Lillard and Lebron) is my favorite player! If steph or luka were putting up HIS numbers EVERYONE ELSE would be talking MVP! In case you want to bring "wins" both steph and luka have weak records just like MANY in the NBA! CAN'T debate these FACTS! As for my guy's shoes, they are aight, and he is deserving of his own shoe! I got multiple colors of the 0.1s, however I wish he would have stayed wearing the flagship model. 👏🏽💯

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom