New York City Be True Nike Dunk High Set to Release Feb 9th (PIC)

M

mazedowner

Via: KixandtheCity.com

2en6zir.jpg

Nike is set to release their ode to NYC with the "New York City Be True" Nike Dunk High this Saturday, Feb. 9th, exclusively at the House of Hoops inHarlem and NORT/Recon. Part of a seven city 2008 "Be True" Series (other cities include Los Angeles, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Rio deJaniero), the "New York City Be True" Nike Dunk High features a Black on Black upper with Black Premium Leather, a Black perforated toe box, a Blackmesh mid panel, and a Black Nubuck Swoosh. The outsole on the sneaker is the classic Gum outsole. Each City within the series is designated through the use ofa one color hit at the tongue tab and matching laces. NYC's color is Pine Green. Like many of the new premium Dunk releases, the "New York City BeTrue" Dunk features Zoom Air in the heel.

The "New York City Be True" Nike Dunk High is set to release on Feb 9th in an amount of 86 pairs worldwide (the sneaker is an NYC exclusive) at theHouse of Hoops Harlem and NORT/Recon.

Tech Info:
Nike Dunk High Supreme
Black/Black-Pine
321762-033

More Pics: [HERE]

So lemme get this straight, it's 86 pairs total that will be released between those two stores?

Originally Posted by RavageBX

So lemme get this straight, it's 86 pairs total that will be released between those two stores?
Yes.

sad, these aint even decent. a GR-like type dunk, give it a gum sole and make it limited and it will sell.

please dont say the price tag is anything more than $ 90

I actually liked these up until the point I read they were limited. I'm a sucker for simple colored shoes. I wonder what L.A. will be receiving and whatstores will carry it. I can already see the beasts lining up.

Originally Posted by fingerollin

those are terribly unimpressive

If anyone is going to sleep in the street for this shoe.

You will do that for any type of shoe.
frown.gif

The only orginal and nice part of the shoe is the tongue.

ehhh looks like it belongs in journeys......we can't even get the NYC logo nike?????????? what da eff??

man this uskcs they looked alright bu they limited it.......All City shoes look like this except the lace/tongue colors are different

Those are SO WEAK. Nike is pathetic. Terrible execution of what could have been a dope concept. Plus, 2008 isn't the 25th anniversary of the Nike Dunk eventhough Nike seems to be making it.

I like the city exclusive idea, but they should have taken a page from '99-'00 and done a city attack series. Two dunks in each city and they would bethe reverse of each other. White midsoles with no contrast stitching and only leather uppers. Each city would have logical colors for their sneakers (insteadof PINE GREEN for NYC. What was Nike thinking?). So for example, New York would have blue/orange and orange/blue (for the Knicks/Mets), LA would havepurple/yellow and yellow/purple, Chicago would have black/red and red/black and so on. I don't care if Nike would end up repeating a few previouslyreleased colorways. It would be worth it.

These are terrible. All of the shoes in the series are basically the same shoe with different shoe strings... Definitely not being "true to yourcity"...

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

these are so un-inspired, I'm happy they're so limited.
Originally Posted by jvhoop22

Those are SO WEAK. Nike is pathetic. Terrible execution of what could have been a dope concept. Plus, 2008 isn't the 25th anniversary of the Nike Dunk even though Nike seems to be making it.

I like the city exclusive idea, but they should have taken a page from '99-'00 and done a city attack series. Two dunks in each city and they would be the reverse of each other. White midsoles with no contrast stitching and only leather uppers. Each city would have logical colors for their sneakers (instead of PINE GREEN for NYC. What was Nike thinking?). So for example, New York would have blue/orange and orange/blue (for the Knicks/Mets), LA would have purple/yellow and yellow/purple, Chicago would have black/red and red/black and so on. I don't care if Nike would end up repeating a few previously released colorways. It would be worth it.

These two posts sum up everything I had to say..... SMH @ nike.

expected better.... but c'mon guys how long has nike been doing this they can't possibly release heat after heat.... i'm sure there quickly runningout of ideas and colorways

Originally Posted by icqboy51

sad, these aint even decent. a GR-like type dunk, give it a gum sole and make it limited and it will sell.

please dont say the price tag is anything more than $ 90

nike said retail is $150. i wonder what resell would be???

im camping with a hommie

Back
Top Bottom