New York Mets vs. San Francisco Giants Series Thread (6/2 - 6/4)

Game 1 Starting Pitchers: Oliver Perez vs. Johnathan Sanchez

[table][tr][th="col"]O. Pérez NYM
6945.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]J. Sánchez SF
7777.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]4-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]3-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.83[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]4.26[/td] [/tr][tr][td]50[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]63[/td] [/tr][tr][td]41[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]33[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.53[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.45[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]New York[/td] [td]28-27[/td] [td]3rd East[/td] [td]Away 11-16[/td] [td]Won 2[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]24-33[/td] [td]3rd West[/td] [td]Home 12-17[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][/table]
First series against the Mets this year and we got two young guns against each other. Should be an entertaining match-up with a tons of strikeouts.

Go Giants!
pimp.gif

Dang, Sanchez is all over the place with his command.
eyes.gif

He did strike out Tatis though so
pimp.gif
. Hopefully he puts it together.

Game 2 Starting Pitchers: Pedro Martinez vs. Barry Zito

[table][tr][th="col"]P. Martínez NYM
4875.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-0[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]1-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.80[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]5.53[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]32[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]31[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.50[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.77[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Record[/th] [th=""]Standings[/th] [th=""]Away/Home[/th] [th=""]Streak[/th] [th=""]L10[/th] [/tr][tr][td]New York[/td] [td]28-28[/td] [td]4th East[/td] [td]Away 11-17[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]25-33[/td] [td]3rd West[/td] [td]Home 13-17[/td] [td]Won 2[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][/table]
Pedro comes back after two months on the DL and is against our ace, Barry Zito. I picked up Martinez in our league and I hope he does alright at best andhopefully in the process of giving Barry Zito his second win of the year.

Go Giants!
pimp.gif

Pedro is far from "complete crap"....he was very effective just two years ago, and has below a 3.00 era in the few starts he had last season (he justhad leg injuries). Zito is just a certified bum with no fastball, at least Pedro can still throw 90.
laugh.gif

4 years ago this would've been a marquee matchup
laugh.gif

And c'mon Pedro is washed up, I'm predicting a Perez-like shelling tonight

Originally Posted by Red Is On NT

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Who is this Horwitz guy? I didn't even know he was called up...Is Bocock still around? =)

Bocock was sent down.

Dan Ortmeier was put on the DL, so the need for that extra outfielder resulted in Horwitz getting called up. Bocock was sent down because Omar came back.

I'm predicting a Perez-like shelling tonight

Def not. Unlike Perez, Pedro can make in game adjustments and doesn't need to throw 90+ to be effective. As long as his control is there he will stillpitch good enough to win today.

...and besides, Pedro has no issues with his arm/shoulder, its hit leg/foot that he keeps injuring.

Back
Top Bottom