New York Yankees Official Thread - vs A’s, 15-7

Bauer wasn’t actually convicted of a crime. It was a civil case where they both sued each other, that was settled where no one received any money. There really isn’t a reason he hasn’t been signed by any club at this point. Yea probably to with his antics, but again, knowing that this is probably his last shot, knows he has to be on his best behavior.

IIRC, the beef between him and Cole had more to do with how they worked and prepared while at UCLA. Cole is uber competitive and thought everything needed to be done at his approach. Bauer was competitive but also liked things outside of ball. I agree and think Cole needs to let that go as he’s an adult and a professional now.

I don’t think Bauer wants crazy money. He said he’d play on the minimum just to get back.

He's at the point in his life knowing nobody wants to see that , yet . He ain't gonna walk off the mound like he did or the other antics. He'll be a straight arrow. Now he will bring alotta attention from the media which is probably why the Yanks don't wanna sign him. But as far as being a jerk i doubt he'll be anything but on his best behavior ...

I get that but we actively traded for Chapman who domestically abused his 22 yr old gf and fired off 8 rounds into a wall of his house when the gf’s brother tried to intervene. I mean they settled with NO money switching hands and him receiving permission to speak out on what happened.

Let’s be clear, I’m no fan of his, but I am of this team and realize we need to perform and not waste another year of Judge or a yr of Soto.

Yeah to be clear - the woman with that he allegedly assaulted got ran through by 4 different Padres in a jersey chaser sort of way (not that he didn’t do it - not getting in to that).

Yanks have had multiple players on the squad I have found hard to cheer for - don’t forget German

Don't know why some of u are sayin pass on Bauer. We've taken on bigger contracts on guys who are question marks and comparing to what it'll take to sign him to me it's a no brainer.

Now if it's beacuse of his suspension and what it was for i understand that but to me the guy served his suspension, paid what he had to pay and if he has something left in the tank he should at least be allowed to finish his career and set his future up. What he did he shouldn't have to pay for the rest of his life. U make mistakes when you're young, we all do , to pay for life is rough. Now if it's cause if his relationship with Cole then Cole needs to let it go and be an adult also. U had beef in college, be the bigger man.

He's definitely worth the look ...
Literally the entire league has looked at him and said naaaaa...

It's 2024, he hasn't pitched since 2021, hasn't hit 150 innings since 2019, and comes with a ton of baggage. idk why anyone would think signing him solves anything. I mean he's currently on a Japanese travel ball team and people think he's the answer to plug in for Cole?

1710443284305.png

No one’s saying he’s the answer. The rotation still had questions before Cole’s injury.

Also hasn’t hit 150 innings since 2019 is a bit disingenuous. 2020 was the shortened COVID season and 2021 is when his season was cut short when he was put on administrative leave. At the time he was 17 starts in almost 110 innings.

We keep saying “he has baggage” yet we seem to forget the players we’ve had that had actual domestic abuse/drug/etc issues we’ve went out and gave opportunities too.

No one’s saying he’s the answer. The rotation still had questions before Cole’s injury.

Also hasn’t hit 150 innings since 2019 is a bit disingenuous. 2020 was the shortened COVID season and 2021 is when his season was cut short when he was put on administrative leave. At the time he was 17 starts in almost 110 innings.

We keep saying “he has baggage” yet we seem to forget the players we’ve had that had actual domestic abuse issues.
Yea I know there's reasons but when someone hasn't pitched much in 5 years I can't bring myself to expect to get much out of them. I'm not saying he's been hurt, I'm just saying he's been out of the game at a high level for a long time.

Yea I wasn't a fan of those either. I haven't forgotten about anything. Overlooking domestic violence bc someone can throw a baseball is gross.

No one’s saying he’d solve it, but he’d be a cheap enough option who’d know he’d have to on his best behavior. You can’t continue to waste prime years of Cole/Judge and you don’t know what’s going to happen with Soto next season.

No one’s saying he’d solve it, but he’d be a cheap enough option who’d know he’d have to on his best behavior. You can’t continue to waste prime years of Cole/Judge and you don’t know what’s going to happen with Soto next season.
Yea I'd rather stink than sign him. That's where I'm at on domestic violence. If we're talking prime deGrom with a guarantee his arm won't fall off, maybe I can hold my nose and deal with it and justify it to myself. But for someone that hasn't even pitched much in the league in the last 5 years? Hard pass. Not worth it to me. I understand I may be the outlier here but look around and you can see all the other clubs making the same choice.

DJ's hurt now :smh:

Go give the Tigers a couple farm prospects and bring Gio back. I wish they never traded him...

Back
Top Bottom