New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

2-0 ok and? they might lose tonight on a deciding game to make the playoffs... you put your ace starter out there highest paid in baseball and he plays trash tonight
You asked what he'd done as a Yankee. I answered. He had a bad game at a really bad time but these overreactions are just dumb.

^ an ace pitcher that took himself out the game though... theres no excuse for that

Dog, he didn’t take himself out the game. Come on now. He’s showed up in big games for us. He didn’t have it tonight, **** happens.

This offense better wake the duck up. We’ve come from behind a lot in the last two months so they can do it. Better ****in do it.

Real talk, you need to spend more time in NY to understand how over dramatic we get with players if they don’t perform to our expectations when we expect it.
Na I get enough of the dumb **** on the internet. He's a top 5 SP in baseball but not an Ace. That's enough for me.

We established you have unrealistic expectations already.
And for the most part I do, I expect Judge and Stanton to both bat over 280 with 40 homers each every season. I expect Chapman to only blow one save a year, I expect Cole to have a Sub 2.75 ERA and I expect to win the WS at least twice a decade

Cole been giving up HRs all year long and has been inconsistent since the substance ban on pitchers.

He was still a top 3 AL pitcher this year.

And for the most part I do, I expect Judge and Stanton to both bat over 280 with 40 homers each every season. I expect Chapman to only blow one save a year, I expect Cole to have a Sub 2.75 ERA and I expect to win the WS at least twice a decade
No AL pitcher had a sub 2.75 ERA. Cole was 3rd in the AL. Again, you just don't watch baseball and have dumb expectations.

And ERA is an absolutely terrible stat and you going to that over and over tells me all I need to know about your baseball acumen. But that's another discussion for another night.

Gerrit Cole’s second best month was August. First was April.

My guess is that hamstring injury is worse than expected, and is having some impact.

No AL pitcher had a sub 2.75 ERA. Cole was 3rd in the AL. Again, you just don't watch baseball and have dumb expectations.
Not really dumb, just my expectations, can’t help it if your expectations for a 320 mil dollar pitcher is an ERA above 3 and 16 wins. And if you’re the highest paid pitcher by a long shot you should be number 1 every year. But you’re satisfied with what Cole has done with that contract ?!? :lol:

can't lie in this moment would've been nice to see our ace show a lil guts ....

could've showed a sack and told Boone to stay there, remember this

WideHappygoluckyDugong-size_restricted.gif

just sayin ...

Not really dumb, just my expectations, can’t help it if your expectations for a 320 mil dollar pitcher is an ERA above 3 and 16 wins. And if you’re the highest paid pitcher by a long shot you should be number 1 every year. But you’re satisfied with what Cole has done with that contract ?!? :lol:
No, it's dumb. You have expectations that literally nobody met this year. He led the league in wins too. Next best was 14. The game has changed. The days of 250 IP and 20+ wins are over. You'd know that if you watched baseball regularly.

Back
Top Bottom