New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

Screensho.jpg

this dude is lucky he signed in the NL and not somewhere he'd have to come to the stadium a couple times a year. he'd probably have a headache for those games anyway .... still salty we stayin put ..

I get the reason Clint feels the way he does. He has a lot of right to feel the way he does.
but it’s a bad business decision to be up front the way he is with it. I respect it. But unless he performs, he may be making himself radioactive in the future.

A random I'm bored during this lockout thought.....

If they sign one of Correa or Story. Which I think they end up doing once the lockout is over (It will probably be Story, they'll save 3 years and probably $100million with Story over Correa). I think it then pushes them deep into Matt Chapman talks.

Here's why....

It let's them free up on Peraza or Volpe. If you have Story, DJ & Gleyber, they can have 3 years reasonable guarantee on 2B & SS. My guess is despite putting Peraza on the 40-man, I think they stick with Volpe who projects as the better hitter with pop, and on top of that they have Oswaldo Cabrera who is young, on the 40-man as well that can play up the middle, so trading Peraza lessens the sting a bit.

The 3 year guarantee would keep The Martian off the block because I already know I need a CF now, and I will need one in 2-3 years as well. So I can't part with him.
Catcher they have a lot of guys they like, so they could end up with stop gaps next year, prepare Austin Wells or Gomez for 2024, but could free them up to trade a catching prospect

So if I were to guess for Chapman it would be:
Luke Voit (who could go to the A's if they want him or a third team for a return to the A's)
Oswald Peraza
One of Luis Gil, Clarke Schmidt or Luis Medina (my guess is Medina, but would mean another better prospect added)
Everson Pereria
And maybe a couple low risk-low reward guys for bullpens

You get 2 years of Matt Chapman, say hey We're really trying to win, and then not re-sign him because I don't think they would.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom