New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

I’m real tired of pulling our pitchers after 5 innings and a low pitch count
Cortes was at 82 pitches through 5. He hadn't been good, already gave up 8 hits. Sending him out for the 6th would have been asking for trouble.

eating-crow.jpg

with pleasure ... :nthat:

Really lucked out with the schedule.

First 22 games only 4 against a team .500 or better (Blue Jays)

In May, Blue Jays (5x) and Rays (4x) Angels (1x) this month have above .500 record.
17 games against teams with below .500 in May

Need to take advantage and get to 35-36 wins by the end of May to create enough cushion where they can have a couple bad months.

Schedule has been soft with a lot of home games BUT also nice to win games we're supposed to

Schedule has been soft with a lot of home games BUT also nice to win games we're supposed to

Absolutely.

That’s why the series earlier in April with the Orioles was so frustrating losing 2 of 3. Especially where it was with how the team was playing.

Last year, they **** the bed with the Orioles late and probably was the difference of winning and losing the play in.

Absolutely.

That’s why the series earlier in April with the Orioles was so frustrating losing 2 of 3. Especially where it was with how the team was playing.

Last year, they **** the bed with the Orioles late and probably was the difference of winning and losing the play in.

EXACTLY! Looking good BAYBEE

Only one series L so far - nothing to complain about in here lads!

Gardner never took his Jersey off. As for watching him play again, NO THANK YOU.

Cano would have to be if there were multiple injuries to the IF. And at that point where we would need Cano, year is probably a bust.

Kind of mad because his career goes way different if he stayed, / if we actively looked to extend him before he hit FA.

Gardner never took his Jersey off. As for watching him play again, NO THANK YOU.

Cano would have to be if there were multiple injuries to the IF. And at that point where we would need Cano, year is probably a bust.

Kind of mad because his career goes way different if he stayed, / if we actively looked to extend him before he hit FA.
Idk that it would have gone much differently. He just got old. He had a couple good years in Seattle, couple not so good years. In retrospect it's a good thing we didn't give him a 10 year deal. I mean he's still making $24m a year and still gets paid next year too lol. Paying guys oast 35 is just asking for trouble. I'd rather give them a long deal a few years before they become a FA. Do a 10 year deal at 24 so it's over by 34. That's the issue with Judge. He's already 30 so going really long is going to cost you on the backend.

He probably produce through 2020 with the Yankees. Different stadiums, etc. Then you deal with the final 3 years in a whatever way.
Potentially could have gotten a different contract if they were willing to budge off $175mil
The real issue was replacing him with Ellsbury. I get what they were trying to do. But I’d rather still be paying Cano than what we got out of Ellsbury.
Ah well. Just wish things went differently because he was one of my favorite Yankees.

He was my favorite - it was a tough break up. Don’t sign either of them and move on - hindsight is 20/20

Back
Top Bottom