New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

In other Yankees salary moves, I think they should consider an extension for Gleyber after this season (yeah yeah Judge contract, I know. That should absolutely be priority number 1. )

But he’ll be 26. It would be the time to make a 5 year extension. Cano got a 4 year extension at age 25, with two option years to technically make it 6 years.
Give Gleyber the opportunity to pursue another good sized contract at 31. Which could still give him $100+mil if he’s producing.

The idea behind this is if you get good young talent. You buy out the last 2 arbitration years, taking the financial risk but you avoid any FA bidding wars. (What we should have done with Judge)

With how everything is down stat wise because of the new baseballs, he’s actually hitting XBHs in a way he was in 2019.

Last edited:
I kept saying at the end of last season - after he moved to 2B that XBH shot back up, something mental there but I’m so happy for him

I mentioned the same. The small sample size from the end of the year showed he was a completely different hitter at 2B.

Clayton Holmes recent dominance as a closer reminds me of the time David Robertson was being an absolute stud on the mound for us when Mariano Rivera was injured and conversations were being had about whether or not we should stick with Robertson or go with the obviously undisputed goat Mo. it was a good “problem” to have at the time lol

Not that I’m comparing Chapman to Mo by any means :lol: But you get the point

Crazy how they would consider that...Robertson was solid but still not enough to replace mo lol...and Holmes has been dominant id absolutely replace him with Chapman... I like Chapman but it's time to give up the keys... he's good but gave up too many important games since he came back from the cubs... not sure where you fit him with Britton coming back soon... like who will get the 7th or 8th

Crazy how the majority of us can say we seen Mo pitch, even seen his debut. I remember thinking "who the **** is this scrub :lol: wound up being the GOAT :smokin

I'll embellish his stats to my grandkids and make em sound even more than the superhero he was :lol:

Crazy how the majority of us can say we seen Mo pitch, even seen his debut. I remember thinking "who the **** is this scrub :lol: wound up being the GOAT :smokin

I'll embellish his stats to my grandkids and make em sound even more than the superhero he was :lol:
Crazy to say but his 96 season was easily his most valuable bc he wasn't the closer and would pitch multiple innings. He threw 107 innings that year. A WAR of 4.3 for a RP is insaaaane.

I do this now with my two oldest boys and jeet

I do this now with my two oldest boys and jeet

i wish , my son turned out to be this guy when watchin sports

2c3aefe95196b1b8aa457ec6c3d4fa01.jpg

my son's unimpressed by anything sports related, breaks my heart. he's starts college this fall for engineering, i swear this kid ain't mine :lol:

My heart breaks for you man. I got three boys so I’m sure one is gonna break my heart in that regard

Back
Top Bottom