New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

Must win Saturday and Sunday to split with the Jays.
Team has no shot against Scherzer and DeGrom.

4 straight losses from here and could be looking at only a 5 game lead in the division by mid week.

I had a feeling the first half was a fluke... even if the pitchers get it together there is no run support... not sure if and when Stanton comes back the team will start to have winning streaks again....cash messed up trading for montas and getting rid of montgomery

We still lead the AL in runs. :lol:

I've never seen a team go from that good to this bad in such a short time. Truth is somewhere in the middle, hopefully we can get out of this funk.

I mean we still got a month and a half in the season, but they are playing like they completely ran out of gas :smh: What were they on pace for through June? Like 115+ wins? They have 0 confidence right now

300760873_10159145394872781_4456838692610273816_n.jpg

not for nothing but i like Judge hittin 3rd. i know he wont stay there this same 1 2 3 with Stanton 4th and Rizzo 5th seems like the way to go.

just gimme a goddam win today ....

300760873_10159145394872781_4456838692610273816_n.jpg

not for nothing but i like Judge hittin 3rd. i know he wont stay there this same 1 2 3 with Stanton 4th and Rizzo 5th seems like the way to go.

just gimme a goddam win today ....
Idk if more AB's for Benintendi is a good thing. :/

If we ever needed Cole to be a stopper, it's today.

Unless it’s for a star. Hard to not see Cabrera and Volpe on the left side next year.
DJ as the rover. With Cabrera able to be 2b, 3B, SS and corner OF makes it work too.

Last edited:
The thing I still can’t understand is Montas pitched in a Pitchers park with minimal stress and Montgomery pitched in a Hitters park in a high stress environment and still held his own but we learned nothing from the Sonny Gray ****.

The thing I still can’t understand is Montas pitched in a Pitchers park and Montgomery pitched in a Hitters park in a high stress environment and still held his own but we learned nothing from the Sonny Gray ****.
I'm cool with dealing for Montas and giving him a shot. Dealing Montgomery for defensive CF on the IL was insane though.

So many things have fine wrong. King down down started it. Then we lost Stanton, Rizzo, and DJ all at the same time. Then Holmes remembered he wasn't unhittable. Then dealt a solid #3 and his replacement hasn't worked out. It takes a lot of things to go wrong to blow a 16 game lead. Luckily it's only down to 7 but things need to turn around quick.quickly. Thankfully the rest of the division is 5-5 over their last 10 so they haven't made up too much ground.

The Blue Jays have one game against us. Then a series against the Red Sox, Cubs, Pirates, Orioles and Rangers.

Between now a Sept 11, they have 4 games against teams over .500. We have 13.

Looks great.

let's cheer up a lil

i remember when we traded for O'Neill and how much i hated that we traded Roberto Kelly for him. i didn't know anything about but he was the guy from that clip where he misplays a ball in RF and winds up kicking it in

Kicker.gif

wasn't too excited :lol:

he turned out to be a Yankee great and today he joins forever :smokin

my favorite O'Neill moments are the fans chanting his name at his last game in the stadium, pounding the wall in 96' and that slide in 97 against the Indians with 2 outs :smokin

SPORT_BASEBALL.jpg

:smokin

Back
Top Bottom