New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

Is he out for tonight? Would make sense for that or to DH possibly. Says there’s no pain/doesn’t bother him when swinging.

i'm burnt he ain't playin tonight :smh:

this series with the Dodgers is big, he could've sat the last night or the last series out since this is something he's been dealing with for 2 weeks . sucks to have to play this series without Soto ... i'm salty as hell right now, i need some white castles :smh::smh:

and f*ck Ohtani ....

448004013_995285105289574_6922097655118637954_n.jpg

my Ohtani hate aside, these are stupid :smh:

give him that day against a sh*t team not a team we could fight for a title down the road. i'm out of white castles too :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:
A game in June doesn't get extra credit in a world series. We ain't fighting them for a division or home field.

I can’t describe how unenjoyable DJ has been to watch play for 4 years now.

2019 & 2020. Absolute beast.

2021- now, just terrible. And another 2 years left on the deal after this one. They’re going to need to swallow some money to get out of his deal.

I think with the Yankees there’s 3 tiers

Judge
Soto
Volpe
Dugo

Are your great spots

Stanton
Gleyber
Trevino

Are your hey it can be bad at times. But it really is good enough. And when they are healthy or are performing to capability. It’s really good.

Rizzo
DJ
Oswaldo

Are just really bad offensively.

It’s hard to be too mad at a first place team. But between 1B/3B there has to be some level of upgrade either from their play or getting a new guy because they are too important of a position offensively to not have decent production.
This was a big issue last year with Donaldson and Rizzo.

I can’t describe how unenjoyable DJ has been to watch play for 4 years now.

2019 & 2020. Absolute beast.

2021- now, just terrible. And another 2 years left on the deal after this one. They’re going to need to swallow some money to get out of his deal.

Yea definitely hasn't worked out. We'd have to eat $10m a year at least to move him though, but at that point, I'm cool with him as a veteran utility bench guy for $5m a year. We really don't have a good option at 3b right now. Peraza fizzling out hurt us there. Everyone we've tried there this year has been bad.

I think with the Yankees there’s 3 tiers

Judge
Soto
Volpe
Dugo

Are your great spots

Stanton
Gleyber
Trevino

Are your hey it can be bad at times. But it really is good enough. And when they are healthy or are performing to capability. It’s really good.

Rizzo
DJ
Oswaldo

Are just really bad offensively.

It’s hard to be too mad at a first place team. But between 1B/3B there has to be some level of upgrade either from their play or getting a new guy because they are too important of a position offensively to not have decent production.
This was a big issue last year with Donaldson and Rizzo.
Agree with most of this. Rizzo is the hardest one for me bc he seems to be one of the glue guys, one of the leaders in the locker room. Hard to really mess with the team chemistry right now, even for a slight upgrade. I mean if you're talking a Harper or Freeman guy, sure, but realistically I don't see an upgrade out there worth messing with what's working. But damn he's been so bad this year smh

Yea definitely hasn't worked out. We'd have to eat $10m a year at least to move him though, but at that point, I'm cool with him as a veteran utility bench guy for $5m a year. We really don't have a good option at 3b right now. Peraza fizzling out hurt us there. Everyone we've tried there this year has been bad.

Either Rizzo gotta go. Or DJ gotta.

DJ I could live with him getting like 60-70 games a year as a backup. Just because the league had like 90% of terrible backups.

But Rizz my guy can’t be this bad as a lefty hitter.
I agree with the Rizz is a glue guy. But man, all he needs to do is just be average. That’s the most frustrating part in all of this.

If Rizz is average. Then between everybody you got 6-7 guys a night who could be really good and at least 2 always will be. With Rizz and DJ being what they have been it really makes the Margain for error in important September and October games leads to the same issues they’ve had since 2010

Back
Top Bottom