New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Stros, 23-13

lol you gotta be more specific haha

But yea I get what you're saying now. I prefer wRC+ for total offensive production. We're no 2nd worst but we're definitly down there. This is from 6/2/23 through today. 100 is league average, we're at 84. 84!!! Braves have been over 50% better. That's so damn sad.

1691009180782.png

It’s extremely pathetic.

Very nasty.

Yeah we got guys not even batting their weight :smh:

This team is very bad , won't say pathetic but bad. Even if u wanna use numbers, we're bad . Rizzo's lost, Stanton can't hit the ball out of a parking space right now, no leadoff hitter. Everyone's already pitching around Judge let alone if we somehow made the playoffs. This year's in the toilet man. No faith these guys can make a run.

IKF playing this good is awesome. Dude was abused here at one point, no one had any faith in him (myself included). He did whatever we needed and worked. He deserves major flowers this year :smokin

Who woulda thought ....

I gotta respect Jomboy and Jake not folding over and being ‘aggressive’ with these questions. Would be surprised if the Yanks PR team continue letting them interview Boone next season lol

Mad respect to Jomboy and company.

These are hard hitting questions and criticisms which is what a reporter should be like (and he’s not even a reporter).

If it was on WFAN in NY they’d find a way to make it gimmicky and about themselves.

Yankees better not try to ice them out next year. Jomboy has proven he cares to me. That comment he made scares me too.

I heard they were listening in on guys, willing to sell, but we’re just not reasonable in their asking price.

Mad respect to Jomboy and company.

These are hard hitting questions and criticisms which is what a reporter should be like (and he’s not even a reporter).

If it was on WFAN in NY they’d find a way to make it gimmicky and about themselves.

Yankees better not try to ice them out next year. Jomboy has proven he cares to me. That comment he made scares me too.
Yup 100% agreed. It’s crazy to me how far they’ve come, I could never imagine a regular fan/content creator getting to interview Joe Torre on a weekly basis during that era(or any manager or era etc) but it’s cool that they have taken full advantage of the opportunity and don’t just ask generic filler questions all the time

Define "most."

He was a top 3 or so pitcher in baseball for 2 years. Everyone wants to be a Monday Morning QB but at the time the signing was generally well received. You'll always have the glass half empty guys that hate literally every singly thing the club does and then brings it up when they are eventually right but those guys just suck.
It was 2years. He didn’t have sustained performance. Been a higher than average injury risk. Guaranteed if his next 2 starts are bad he will probably be shut down with some injury. So your track record doesn’t matter? Just like how most guys play better on contract years. He literally had 2 AWFUL seasons before those 2 good ones but you’re going to give him a 6yr 160 mil contract?!? He doesn’t have a name to bring Any fans to the stadium so it was strictly a signing that moron Hal and Cash thought would put this team a level up.

1st 4 seasons he was an average pitcher that stayed hurt. Next 2 seasons he was complete trash that stayed hurt. Next 2 seasons were great but 1 of those he only pitched 132 innings. 4 out of his 1st 6 years in the league: 120 innings,69 innings, 34 innings and 7 innings anyone with common sense can see it wasn’t going to be a great signing. So you sign him to 6 years 160 in a hitters ball park under the most pressure and you can already see the recipe for disaster. But I guess analytics for his last 2 years is all that matters and not his track record?

I think you can go down the line with every hitter except for Judge and they’ve ruined them since 2016.

It was 2years. He didn’t have sustained performance. Been a higher than average injury risk. Guaranteed if his next 2 starts are bad he will probably be shut down with some injury. So your track record doesn’t matter? Just like how most guys play better on contract years. He literally had 2 AWFUL seasons before those 2 good ones but you’re going to give him a 6yr 160 mil contract?!? He doesn’t have a name to bring Any fans to the stadium so it was strictly a signing that moron Hal and Cash thought would put this team a level up.
He threw 41 combined inning in 19 and 20. I couldn't care less about "name." If you're only going to sign guys with 5 years of dominating performance, you're signing 40 year olds or one guy every 10 years. Seriously, go look at the SP market last year and tell me who you'd rather sign, not some mythical FA SP that didn't exist. He was the #1 SP on the market.

1st 4 seasons he was an average pitcher that stayed hurt. Next 2 seasons he was complete trash that stayed hurt. Next 2 seasons were great but 1 of those he only pitched 132 innings. 4 out of his 1st 6 years in the league: 120 innings,69 innings, 34 innings and 7 innings anyone with common sense can see it wasn’t going to be a great signing. So you sign him to 6 years 160 in a hitters ball park under the most pressure and you can already see the recipe for disaster. But I guess analytics for his last 2 years is all that matters and not his track record?
Literally everyone that follows the game for a living had him ranked as the #1 SP but you'll Monday Morning QB it and say you knew all along. Seriously, tell me who you would have signed.

Literally everyone that follows the game for a living had him ranked as the #1 SP but you'll Monday Morning QB it and say you knew all along. Seriously, tell me who you would have signed.
Go back and you can see I was against the signing from jump, just like Hicks and Montas moves too. Would’ve rather not made the big signing that’s going to be Hal and Cash excuse not to open the wallet. You don’t have to spend just to spend if you aren’t in a position to win a WS.

He threw 41 combined inning in 19 and 20. I couldn't care less about "name." If you're only going to sign guys with 5 years of dominating performance, you're signing 40 year olds or one guy every 10 years. Seriously, go look at the SP market last year and tell me who you'd rather sign, not some mythical FA SP that didn't exist. He was the #1 SP on the market.

Wasn’t Carl Pavano at one point the best pitcher on the market? My point is, you don’t have to sign someone just because they became a FA at a hot time. If it’s not worth the risk skip that FA period. The one FA period we should’ve been all in on and needed we sat out.

Wasn’t Carl Pavano at one point the best pitcher on the market? My point is, you don’t have to sign someone just because they became a FA at a hot time. If it’s not worth the risk skip that FA period. The one FA period we should’ve been all in on and needed we sat out.
Name the last FA SP you would have signed that was under 35.

Steady consistent players will always be worth a risk vice someone who had a hot 2 years. Like I said it’s ok to sit out and not take dumb risks that affect the future.

Back
Top Bottom