New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

I know most of you don’t like Gary or just think he stinks.

But having Higgy hit there is insanely bad managing.

His OBP is worse than 6 of the 9 starter’s batting average. For reference we are 22nd in team batting average. And the three guys his OBP is better than their average Gardy, Gary and Gallo have him by over 50 points in OBP.

Just awful managing. If Gary strikes out, he strikes out. But hell at least he could run into one too even in a slump
Gary has a .670 OPS in the 2h. If he's not hitting, and he's not, it's worth his defense to play him. Yea he's been a little better hitter than Higgy but Higgy is infinitely better defensively so I get going with him. With Gary's defense, he has tk hit and he hasn't in a while.

Rays could basically send a bunch of minor leaguers out there but nope, they’re out here sweating their balls off trying to beat us

Rays could basically send a bunch of minor leaguers out there but nope, they’re out here sweating their balls off trying to beat us
Which is funny we're on the 10th anniversary of us giving them a W by throwing Boone Logan and Luis Ayala and Scott Proctor in game 162 that let them get into the playoffs.

Gary has a .670 OPS in the 2h. If he's not hitting, and he's not, it's worth his defense to play him. Yea he's been a little better hitter than Higgy but Higgy is infinitely better defensively so I get going with him. With Gary's defense, he has tk hit and he hasn't in a while.

you’re down 1 in the 8th. Higgy’s OPS in the 2nd half is .575. Gary strikes out at a lower rate and walks at a higher rate. More likely to get a base hit and hit a homerun.

If we were winning, I could give it credence, probably wouldn’t care. But you’re down 1.

You put the bat in Gary’s hand, and if it fails, so be it. You gave your team a better chance to tie it in that moment.

And if they get to the 8th spot in the 9th, and Higgy is up, even if he ties or wins it. It’s wasn’t the smart move.

Just awful managing. If Gary strikes out, he strikes out. But hell at least he could run into one too even in a slump

And like I said. If he strikes out, he strikes out. It’s a zero sum there just for the better likelihood that he gets into something.

you’re down 1 in the 8th. Higgy’s OPS in the 2nd half is .575. Gary strikes out at a lower rate and walks at a higher rate. More likely to get a base hit and hit a homerun.

If we were winning, I could give it credence, probably wouldn’t care. But you’re down 1.

You put the bat in Gary’s hand, and if it fails, so be it. You gave your team a better chance to tie it in that moment.

And if they get to the 8th spot in the 9th, and Higgy is up, even if he ties or wins it. It’s wasn’t the smart move.
Absolutely pathetic AB from Sanchez. Just awful.

A lot of weird pitching moves
Probably should let Cortes finish the 5th. So Holmes comes in clean slate and maybe gets into and maybe through the 7th.

Loaisiga for 1/3 an inning, and not letting him go further.

Having German come in there and not earlier or saving him.

Abreu over Chapman when Chapman was already warming up earlier.

A lot of weird pitching moves
Probably should let Cortes finish the 5th. So Holmes comes in clean slate and maybe gets into and through the 7th.

Loaisiga for 1/3 an inning, and in that spot.

Having German come in there and not earlier or saving him.

Abreu over Chapman when Chapman was already warming up earlier.
Not sure who was or wasn't available tonight. Not a fan of Abreu but they were never bringing in Chapman in the 8th. Big game, but not do or die. Can't cost yourself tomorrow or Sunday by using him down 1 tonight.

Agreed. Awful at-bat.

Still was the right move. And in the 7th when he didn’t pinch hit for Sanchez it was the wrong move.
Not against using him to PH in the 9th. I get starting Higgy over him right now though. That's what I thought we were talking about.

Not sure who was or wasn't available tonight. Not a fan of Abreu but they were never bringing in Chapman in the 8th. Big game, but not do or die. Can't cost yourself tomorrow or Sunday by using him down 1 tonight.

Abreu was in the 9th. They were warming Chap up, so it’s not like he wasn’t available.

It seems that only Severino wasn’t available.

Nestor should have been left to finish the 5th. If he gave up another run there, it is what it is. Nestor rarely has a meltdown where he’s giving up 3-4 runs in an inning.

Just weird order by Boone.

Not impressed by the Rays at all. They can be beat, if we don't wait to play hero play in the 9th and start gettin some base hits throughout the game. Seems like everybody's swingin for the 4 train every ab :smh:

Not against using him to PH in the 9th. I get starting Higgy over him right now though. That's what I thought we were talking about.

Im talking about late inning at-bats.

I could care less about the first 5 innings, even for tonight, don’t care. Especially since Boone said he’s starting tomorrow.

But even a slumping Gary provides a big gap in helping the team offensively. And if he’s available, you gotta let him bat in any moment you need baserunners or runs.

Gotta bring up somebody to hit for the next 2 days. Odor can’t be up there hitting.

I know he's hurt but i still would've rather seen DJ up there in that spot. He'll go the other way at least. Ahhh , tomorrow it is. Don't even wanna look at highlights from other games

Abreu was in the 9th. They were warming Chap up, so it’s not like he wasn’t available.

It seems that only Severino wasn’t available.

Nestor should have been left to finish the 5th. If he gave up another run there, it is what it is. Nestor rarely has a meltdown where he’s giving up 3-4 runs in an inning.

Just weird order by Boone.
Chapman wasn't coming in tonight down 1. He was warming up in case we tied it. Agree some of the earlier moves were questionable.

Back
Top Bottom