New York Yankees Official Thread - at Texas - Holmes Ain’t It

Yep - other guy missed my point - so sick of this
Na I got your point. He has been getting unlucky but it's costing us games. Tonight wasnt luck, he couldnt throw a strike. I'm cool with making a change. Just go by committee and matchups. We don't have a shutdown guy so no need to stick with one guy like we did tonight. It was obvious he had nothing, just pull him.

He’s not a closer period. That was a need going into the season and at the deadline.

That was the thing - no excuse to not go after it at the deadline.

I’m the most sabermetrics forward person in the world - I work in PE for a living! You had a to be a fool to not get some better help - Leiter wasn’t going to cut it.

I better hear, “he couldn’t fit his spot and he was hit hard” no “luck” based BS tonight.

Trivino better be ready for a big role.

That was the thing - no excuse to not go after it at the deadline.

I’m the most sabermetrics forward person in the world - I work in PE for a living! You had a to be a fool to not get some better help - Leiter wasn’t going to cut it.

I better hear, “he couldn’t fit his spot and he was hit hard” no “luck” based BS tonight.

Trivino better be ready for a big role.
Schmidt, or maybe even Gil, may need to spend time in the bullpen when they get back.

Boone says "we're gonna get creative" regarding the closer :smh:

this team ain't winning sh*t this yr :smh::smh::smh:
His plan worked yesterday....don't need a closer if you're getting blown out going into the 9th
1000017685.gif

Here's where I'm at. I pretty much feel Cashman needs to be out after this season. I don't know if him staying around plays a role in keeping Soto, but he mishandled the pen this past offseason and at the trade deadline.

We missed out on Yamamoto and proceeded to say we're going to target the pen and I believe added one guy. Our bullpen this year through injuries has been waiver wire pickups and and trading for a guy who was having a down/subpar year at the deadline. We haven't had an actual closer for years now.

Holmes leads the league in blown saves with 11. If he converted all those, even with our struggles, we'd be up 6 games for the best record in the league. It's egregious how Cashman has handled it.

Not to mention how he's handled Dominguez. Your telling me that bat is not an improvement over Verdugo? But Duke flipping Ellis should be on the roster ahead of him? He should of been called up the first day of September when rosters expanded. It's inexcusable he has yet to be called up.

I don't think we had a shot at Yamamoto... he wanted to play with his boy ohtani in LA... the mets had the same offer as the dodgers and he still chose LA... with the closer I agree completely.... we didn't have any big free agent signings so I was hoping the team would address the closer role but nope... I wanted them to sign hader but he went to the stros...

I don't think we had a shot at Yamamoto... he wanted to play with his boy ohtani in LA... the mets had the same offer as the dodgers and he still chose LA... with the closer I agree completely.... we didn't have any big free agent signings so I was hoping the team would address the closer role but nope... I wanted them to sign hader but he went to the stros...
Not even referring to us actually getting Yamamoto. I was more referencing what he said they we going to pivot to after that, never did, and now is a huge problem.

Best record in the AL and people demanding daily that the GM needs to be fired is funny tbh.

Agree the pen hasn't been handled well though.

1st place and best record due to a solid 3/4ths of a first half if we're being completely honest. He's mishandled bullpen, he's mishandling the whole Dominguez thing. Verdugo, Duke Ellis, Trent Grisham are not better bats. Especially through Verdugo's struggles and Jasson continuing to hit.

You can have a solid record and still mishandle things poorly.

1st place and best record due to a solid 3/4ths of a first half if we're being completely honest. He's mishandled bullpen, he's mishandling the whole Dominguez thing. Verdugo, Duke Ellis, Trent Grisham are not better bats. Especially through Verdugo's struggles and Jasson continuing to hit.

You can have a solid record and still mishandle things poorly.
Agree on Verdugo. He seems like a great guy and brings a flare that I love but he just can't hit enough.

Back
Top Bottom