New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Guardians; 75-53 - Jazz Show is PAUSED

Judge is 4 off to tie his Home run pace.

But also needs to hit 13 home runs before the end of the month, to match it. Went Nuclear to end August, Start September in 2022.

Or 7 by the end of the month, then needs 13 after Sept 1. To replicate the last 43 games.

Last edited:
They might need to start using Leiter as the closer and move Holmes back to set up where he was better suited.

Edit: of course when I say that :smh:

I’ve been saying they need a closer. Been saying it. It never feels like a lock when Holmes is out there. Have no idea why they didn’t attempt to to get on on the offseason or at the deadline.

I’ve been saying they need a closer. Been saying it. It never feels like a lock when Holmes is out there. Have no idea why they didn’t attempt to to get on on the offseason or at the deadline.
I'd love to add a Mason Miller type but Holmes has been good this year. He's getting unlucky with a .341 BABIP but he's still a top 5 closer this year statisticly. That BABIP has to turn in his favor at some point. He's not getting rocked, balls are just finding holes. Tonight's double was fair by a foot and the game tier was right where the SS would normally be but the shift hurt us. He's not a huge K guy so the BABIP is killing him.

Most closers aren’t contact guys though either.
Yea I'd rather have a high K guy, no argument there. Not as much luck involved. He's over 9 k/9, so not really a contact guy, but he's not Miller either. More K than Clase, but Clase has benefitted from a .197 BABIP this year. Just hope that number goes out way later in the year.

Back
Top Bottom