New York Yankees Official Thread - at BOOSTON, 50-22 - Cole back!?

Man it's baseball. You can't say a team is this or that at this time of the year. Hell look at the Braves last year. They wouldn't have made the playoffs if they were in any other division and still won a chip. They weren't great on paper and lost their best player. We won today. Let's be happy for a day.

Touché.

Still dread 6-9 spots

Is that so?

Not true at all.
Just a heads up Gerrit Cole has been really good in his playoff career.

Before tonight:
13 starts 84IP a sub 1 WHIP and 105Ks. Batters had a .568 OPS
8 starts of 6IP+ and less than 3 runs.
And 2 starts with 5IP-6IP and less than 2 ER

I just think he’s an unbearable douche. Great pitcher though.

Pitchers are just wired differently. Catching through high school, college, rookie ball. They each have their own individual process/routine they have/need to go through or it throws them off. I’d just brush that comment off. It ain’t that serious.

if DJ is playing why is Boone still hitting Donaldson leadoff ?

just seems wierd seeing DJ down in the middle of the lineup ...

if DJ is playing why is Boone still hitting Donaldson leadoff ?

just seems wierd seeing DJ down in the middle of the lineup ...
Donaldson, when healthy, is a good OBP guy and better overall hitter so getting him more AB's is a good thing. Agree it's weird seeing guys like Donaldson and Vogelbach leading off but it makes sense. The days of work a walk and steal 2b are over so might as well get your best hitters the most AB's.

I agree with essential on this. Cole is a douche :lol:

But pitchers are weirdos. They always have been.

Whatever. I just want to win games. :lol:

Donaldson, when healthy, is a good OBP guy and better overall hitter so getting him more AB's is a good thing. Agree it's weird seeing guys like Donaldson and Vogelbach leading off but it makes sense. The days of work a walk and steal 2b are over so might as well get your best hitters the most AB's.

My assumption as to why it’s JD. Also hoping to steal a quick run with a home run as well.

Not many options either speed wise. But the Hicks leadoff move that they have tried in the past isn’t a terrible idea, albeit can’t pencil it in for more than 50 games.
Good OBP, sees a lot of pitches and is a decent base runner.

Wonder how it plays out last year because while there was a ton of talk about defense, and they went after defense all off-season, base running was as bad as defense.

Back
Top Bottom