New York Yankees Official Thread - at BOOSTON, 50-22 - Cole back!?

Easy trade to make.

Gotta assume Gallo is traded out with Yanks just eating the rest of his salary. Just to get him out of here.

Also put Benentendi in leadoff spot. DJ 2. Judge 3. Giancarlo 4. Rizzo 5. Gleyber 6. Hicks 7. Trevino 8. IKF 9.

My thoughts exactly.

FINALLY some runners on base for Judge.

Love the trade.

Easy trade to make.

Gotta assume Gallo is traded out with Yanks just eating the rest of his salary. Just to get him out of here.

Also put Benentendi in leadoff spot. DJ 2. Judge 3. Giancarlo 4. Rizzo 5. Gleyber 6. Hicks 7. Trevino 8. IKF 9.
Think Judge stays 2. More AB's for him the better. 2 spot has kinda become the new 3 spot where your best hitter is and it splits up the righties more with Rizzo and Hicks.

1. Benintendi
2. Judge
3. Rizzo
4. Stanton
5. Gleyber
6. DJ
7. Hicks
8. Trevino
9. IKF

FINALLY some runners on base for Judge.
Fwiw Benintendi and DJ have almost identical OBP and OPS numbers. Pretty wild how close they are across the board. Benintendi has a higher batting avg but DJ walks more. After looking at it, I may leave DJ at leadoff and get the walks up front and the hits in the middle of the order to move runners more than a base.

Fwiw Benintendi and DJ have almost identical OBP and OPS numbers. Pretty wild how close they are across the board. Benintendi has a higher batting avg but DJ walks more. After looking at it, I may leave DJ at leadoff and get the walks up front and the hits in the middle of the order to move runners more than a base.

Good point.

Fact if the matter is we have more options now. Which is a good thing.

OBP%

DJ - .383
Benintendi - .389

SLG%

DJ - .407
Benintendi - .389

wRC+

DJ - 131
Benintendi - 127

DJ is having a better year than I realized. Don't think it's clear cut who leads off honestly. Think both are good options. After looking at the actual data, probably lean DJ like I said earlier. A walk in front of Judge is as good as a hit, but a hit in the 6 spot or whatever with a runner on 2b is better than a walk.

Curious if Carpenter still sees time in the OF or if that's over now. Hicks has been hitting well too so curious to see what we do when Stanton comes back. For now it's easy to have Judge, Hicks, and Benintendi in the OF and Carpenter at DH.

Kinda salty bout gettin Benitendi ( however u spell it ) . Guess this means no Soto, this dude's gonna have a rough time if he don't produce and pull a Gallo. Just because alotta people wanted Soto ( me included ), they'll be salty right away, seen it too many times.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he does his thing. Still hope to get Soto later.

He’s the polar opposite of Gallo and has actually performed well at Yankee stadium in his career.

Anybody's better Gallo at this point. Little things about this deal bother me besides not gettin Soto. Can't remember the last former Red Sox player to come here and do work. Can't count Clemens cause he's in "that" group. But really, every former Sox player who comes here stinks up the joint. Don't tell me Johnny Damon either cause he was a bum here, so was Ellsbury, Millar etc ...

Stop it with the stats i know nothing about :lol:

I only remember Johnny Damon gettin boo'd when he was playin sh*tty, which was most of the time here. I hate these sats nowadays. Never thought i say this but, in my day we turned baseball cards around and looked at hr's and avg

:rofl:|l

I only remember Johnny Damon gettin boo'd when he was playin sh*tty, which was most of the time here. I hate these sats nowadays. Never thought i say this but, in my day we turned baseball cards around and looked at hr's and avg

😂😂😂

Damon batted above .270 all 4 years he was here and hit a third of his career homers here lol.

FB_IMG_1659026654706.jpg

And you had blurry *** TV's and cassette tapes that popped. You stuck on still using those too?

Nah but don't sleep on the hangers on the tv's, cleared all that right up for Rocky 4 and the A Team ...

And some of u will never know or experience the beauty and excitement of traveling 3 hrs across town for a new mixtape that got bootlegged the next day and is half the price ... good times ..

Nah but don't sleep on the hangers on the tv's, cleared all that right up for Rocky 4 and the A Team ...

And some of u will never know or experience the beauty and excitement of traveling 3 hrs across town for a new mixtape that got bootlegged the next day and is half the price ... good times ..
Man I'm 44 years old. I just live in 2022, not 1992.

Back
Top Bottom