New York Yankees Official Thread - at Angels; 37-18

Both of those guys would hit under .250 vs today's pitching and neither had a lick of power. Hard pass on those type guys.

Rose is the most over-rated played in MLB history. He played in a lot of games and got a lot of at bats but he wasn't an elite player.
I Def understand what you’re saying, but real talk watching a Wade Boggs or Tony Gwynn was so much more entertaining and the Batting average race was something that I looked for everyday in the box scores in the newspapers. I’m just stuck in the past. I feel like I’ve officially reached Boomer status :lol:

I Def understand what you’re saying, but real talk watching a Wade Boggs or Tony Gwynn was so much more entertaining and the Batting average race was something that I looked for everyday in the box scores in the newspapers. I’m just stuck in the past. I feel like I’ve officially reached Boomer status :lol:
Yea it was easier to do that when guys were throwing 88 lol

i remember when guys struck out 100 plus times and were sick. some guys now have a buck around the All Star break :lol:
Haha yea the game has changed. I do miss the action of older games but it's not all bc hitters just got worse or starting trying to hit HR. It was a result of pitchers getting too good to hit regularly so getting 3 hits to score a run was too hard so the stat guys said just swing hard in case you hit it and here we are. Same with stolen bases. Pitchers got better at holding runners, catchers got better at throwing to 2b, so the risk wasn't worth the reward when you still need to get a hit off a guy throwing 100mph to score. May as well stay on 1b and hope someone hits a bomb.

In summary, it's the pitchers fault.

Haha yea the game has changed. I do miss the action of older games but it's not all bc hitters just got worse or starting trying to hit HR. It was a result of pitchers getting too good to hit regularly so getting 3 hits to score a run was too hard so the stat guys said just swing hard in case you hit it and here we are. Same with stolen bases. Pitchers got better at holding runners, catchers got better at throwing to 2b, so the risk wasn't worth the reward when you still need to get a hit off a guy throwing 100mph to score. May as well stay on 1b and hope someone hits a bomb.

In summary, it's the pitchers fault.
I think this was the best explanation

BestInTheRizz_AnthonyRizzo_MLBPA_BreakingT_300x.jpg

:smokin

Back
Top Bottom