New York Yankees Official Thread - at Angels; 37-18

FFC29C8C-0600-49E8-AD78-1D8F2357C435.png

Never been turned on by a mustache but shorty got them mean dsls underneath. Face so plump them thighs gotta be juicy.
That game was everything I needed to see to be locked in. Admittedly late to the viewing party because of these playoffs & grind time but I been listening in. Looked liked a recipe for Oct. success to me.

It’s a long szn still of course. Stay cool and keep up the routine. Whatever that is. Hicks 🗑 though. Too streaky for me & his valleys dem deep.

Speaking of bball, hopefully Bos gets buried tonite by GS.

I relate so much to the staches being in the military. Deployment staches are a must

just saw the box score on ESPN and we won! Rizzo with the walkoff :pimp:

I was watching half the game and then the finals started so forgot about the game... I'm a do better y'all once the finals is over lol

Last edited:
Clay Holmes is the goods, and to go back to a convo from a couple days ago here.

I wouldn’t move so fast to make him the closer. Clearly the best pitcher in the bullpen. But they have to subscribe to different thinking for him, and how good he is. I think most if not all teams should manage their pen this way.

A lot of it is strategy. And I want Clay pitching in the highest leverage situations. And that isn’t always closing games out in the 9th, it’s probably just as much 7th&8th as it is the 9th.

Requires Boone to be less rigid and see where the game is at. Who is coming up in the next inning, score, etc. and that could mean Clay in the 7th, 8th or 9th.

Hopefully Lasagna gets back in form. Then Chappy and that back end of the bullpen is as good as it has been in a long time.

Clay Holmes is the goods, and to go back to a convo from a couple days ago here.

I wouldn’t move so fast to make him the closer. Clearly the best pitcher in the bullpen. But they have to subscribe to different thinking for him, and how good he is. I think most if not all teams should manage their pen this way.

A lot of it is strategy. And I want Clay pitching in the highest leverage situations. And that isn’t always closing games out in the 9th, it’s probably just as much 7th&8th as it is the 9th.

Requires Boone to be less rigid and see where the game is at. Who is coming up in the next inning, score, etc. and that could mean Clay in the 7th, 8th or 9th.

Hopefully Lasagna gets back in form. Then Chappy and that back end of the bullpen is as good as it has been in a long time.
Boone recently said Holmes would pitch the highest leverage spots and close some games when Chapman is back. And I'm fully on board with that. Like with us, if you're up 1 in the 8th with Judge, Rizzo, and Stanton due up, throw your best guy. Your next best guy can "close" the game in the 9th with Donaldson, Hicks, and IKF due up. The whole concept that you absolutely have to save your best RP for the last inning is outdated. See Mo in 1996. Having Holmes and King for 4-6 outs each and then Chapman down there too is huge for this team, especially come playoff time. Pitching in general has just been fantastic this season. Give Matt Blake all the money.

I’d put Gleyber over Espinal. Slightly behind Altuve.

Arraez just blowing them all out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom