New York Yankees Official Thread - at Angels; 37-18

2016 > this.
At least I had Tanaka, CC, Dellin, ARod, Didi. Other than Ellsbury, I enjoyed most of the lineup every day. and it had a fun tear down.

The 10 game lead isn’t as indicative of the Yankees as you think it is.

Call up Florial who’s been in a little bit of a slump lately but not Peraza or Cabrera? Makes sense.

2016 > this.
At least I had Tanaka, CC, Dellin, ARod, Didi. Other than Ellsbury, I enjoyed most of the lineup every day. and it had a fun tear down.

The 10 game lead isn’t as indicative of the Yankees as you think it is.
2016 was cheeks. IKF is better this year than Arod was in 2016. Gallo was better for us this year than Hicks was in 2016. You're smoking sticks if you enjoyed 2016 more than this year.

What are we waiting for…
B3EAB979-FDE2-4C91-99B7-7A3368972C12.png

ESPN+ top 50 rankings

3. Anthony Volpe, SS, Yankees
Since my update two months ago, Volpe has bounced back from a largely unlucky start and gone off: 49 games, 12% walks and strikeouts (26 of each), a .291/.386/.529 line with 25 extra-base hits and 19 stolen bases on 22 attempts. If No. 34 on this list (Oswald Peraza) wasn't playing shortstop for the Yankees every day in Triple-A, Volpe would probably be there right now. The Yankees are 22nd in baseball in WAR from the shortstop position (even though Isiah Kiner-Falefa hit his first homer over the weekend!), so it could be time to look to the farm.

34. Oswald Peraza, SS, Yankees
Given the Yankees' weakness at shortstop this season, Peraza would seem to be on a short list of potential call-ups for New York (which would also help the logjam that has Volpe stranded in Double-A by Peraza's presence in Triple-A). He has bounced back since a slow start this season and would be easy to call up as a plus runner and fielder with 15-20-homer upside and solid contact/approach skills.

2016 was cheeks. IKF is better this year than Arod was in 2016. Gallo was better for us this year than Hicks was in 2016. You're smoking sticks if you enjoyed 2016 more than this year.

2016 had more enjoyable players on the team.

So yes. I VASTLY enjoyed 2016 more than this season so far.

And over the last 2 months, this team has been worse than the 2016 team.

Go write your congressperson if you don’t like it.

2016 had more enjoyable players on the team.

So yes. I VASTLY enjoyed 2016 more than this season so far.

And over the last 2 months, this team has been worse than the 2016 team.

Go write your congressperson if you don’t like it.
I think you're being over dramatic about a bad month or being over nostalgic about a 2016 team that was barely .500 but do you.

Cabrera can play more positions in the field. Holmes to IL. Hopefully Andujar is move down.

Sheesh. Cabrera almost gave me a heart attack on that pop up.
Also would have been a fitting start had it fall in.

Back
Top Bottom