New York Yankees Official Thread - at Angels; 37-18

So we sent Dominguez down :smh:

Screenshot_20230317_081235_Chrome.jpg

I swear i hate how by the book we do things. Just once take a chance on a kid thats got big time star potential, like other teams do. And stop worrying about ruining him or how much they'll have to eventually pay him ... salty ....
What other players have jumped from A ball to the majors? Soto and who? Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about him, but having him jump from A ball to the bigs and burn a year of control to do so all based on 20 spring ab's would be pretty reckless imo. If he does well at AA, we'll see him later this year and that's awesome.

Andrew Jones played in a world series that year also, let's not forget. And he killed it.

Just sayin, enuff with the babying, bring em up !!

let him get some games in at AAA first. That’s most likely where he’ll start since he was AA last year.

Andrew Jones played in a world series that year also, let's not forget. And he killed it.

Just sayin, enuff with the babying, bring em up !!
He did, after playing 31 games in the bigs in the regular season in. He didn't break camp and jump from A to the bigs. And in those 50 games in the minors that year, he hit like .370 with a 1.150 OPS.

I guess. Just heard on WFAN that he's only got 800 ab's in the minors as Volpe has like 1200. Jeter had like 1400 ab's so I can see how he needs a lil more seasoning but i can't wait to see this kid up ...

And Severino has a low grade Lat strain and is expected to start the season on the IL.

Maybe they need to look into a new strength coach and rest/recovery approach. This is every damn year with numerous injuries across the team.

And Severino has a low grade Lat strain and is expected to start the season on the IL.

Maybe they need to look into a new strength coach and rest/recovery approach. This is every damn year with numerous injuries across the team.
Didn't we just change like 2 years ago? It's been an issue for so long and they can't figure it out.

Yeah man and they brought in a new staff smh

April schedule ain’t the easiest either

Yeah man and they brought in a new staff smh

April schedule ain’t the easiest either
Well they say it may be a start or two, so hopefully that’s the case.

With Volpe I think the fact that they’re giving reps to Peraza at 2nd, may mean he’s the leader to be the starting SS. It could also signal Torres is possibly about to get flipped. Maybe for another arm as we kind of need another one now.

Well they say it may be a start or two, so hopefully that’s the case.

With Volpe I think the fact that they’re giving reps to Peraza at 2nd, may mean he’s the leader to be the starting SS. It could also signal Torres is possibly about to get flipped. Maybe for another arm as we kind of need another one now.

I think with the service time (April 22nd?) they hold him back

Wish they would just start him but I get it

I think with the service time (April 22nd?) they hold him back

Wish they would just start him but I get it
Isn’t there a stipulation that if he’s top 3 rookie of the year he gets that extra year of service time anyway? I thought I read that somewhere.

Only reason I say flip Gleyber, is because his name has steadily been in talks. Whether it was the deadline last season, or during the off-season. I don’t want to trade Gleyber. I like him a lot, but if the Yanks are to make a move, they’d probably deal from a position of depth. He happens to be a part part of that depth and his value might be at his highest compared to Peraza.

We’re already at a point where we’re going to be thin in the rotation. Montas, Rodon, and now Severino (granted he may only miss 2 starts) out to start the season.

Back
Top Bottom