New York Yankees Official Thread - at BOOSTON, 50-22 - Cole back!?

There’s concern outside of the players just being stank.

Either we can’t keep guys healthy. Or the organization struggles to get guys progressing from year to year.
Sometimes both.

Whole thing needs a reset. Probably would need to start from an organizational level then move to a personnel level.

To make things worse, the O's are very young and still have more top tier kids coming up. They are going to be a problem for a while. They are ahead of schedule. Their DH is the only player that's 30 and they still have the #1 prospect in the minors. They were really bad for 5-6 years and nailed the draft in those seasons, the Astros model.

True.

But at the same time. Yankees can’t keep their guys healthy. 9 of the top 12 PAs for the Dodgers are over 30.

And a guy like DJ who is supposed to have been the contact first guy that we all know we need, has not been good (hasn’t been bad either) since he signed that 2nd Yankees contract.

I honestly just don’t trust the coaching staff, organization etc. to even get the best out of the hitters.
Or if we do get something out of a hitter they can’t figure out how to keep that guy around that plane.

Not saying DJ needs to be a .320 hitter. Hell not even a .300 hitter.
But if you said we’d get sub .270 from him. I would have thought you were crazy.

Been saying they’ve needed LHH for a while. The one that gets me is Harper. That guys swing was built for that stadium.

just came across this

instead of Harper......

“…the Yankees' big moves this offseason were trading for James Paxton, re-signing J.A. Happ, CC Sabathia, and Zack Britton, further bolstering the bullpen by signing Adam Ottavino, adding free agents DJ LeMahieu and Troy Tulowitzki to the infield, and signing Luis Severino and Aaron Hicks to extensions.”

For those of you in here who put your Cashman capes on…

I don’t get it :lol:

At a time he deserved it.

There were a bunch of good moves to get out of the early 10s rut. But then they blew it all by not having any organizational development.

Year by year it kind of just got worse.

I don't get caught up in the LH/RH thing. There's something to be said for a RH batter being able to go the other way and still leave the park. You're a better hitter when you can see it longer and go that way. Jeter did it a lot. DJ did it a lot his first year here. I think he had 25+ HR? Probably a career high and he played in Coors. So yea we don't have to have a bunch of LH pull hitters to hit HR's.

essential1 essential1 agree on the health thing. We changed trainers a few years ago and we still have the same issues.

Jeter was a pure inside out hitter. That’s not something they teach or stress even in the minors. When a buddy and me were in the minors for different organizations, that’s all they stressed during workouts and BP. Granted that was 13 years ago but from other buddies if kept in touch with, hasn’t really changed much.

It’s also not really about having lefties in the lineup for the park specifically, but more so about having a balanced lineup. That’s not something we’ve had much of. That’s why they went out and got Benitendi last deadline.

Also with all the moves being made, especially with the guys that have been moved that we’ve been linked to, if Cashman was going to make a move it essentially has to be a big move now.

The trade market wasn’t wasn’t very deep hitting wise and that’s what we need most. I fear he’d be essentially bent over backwards in any trade now.

i like Bauers. swing is perfect for the stadium, just no glove (imo). say what u want but i'd rather see him dh than Stanton ...

Yea man it’s a wrap.

Hopefully we sell who we can tomorrow (even tho no one wants these bums) :lol:

Sit Judge and call every prospect up.

Stanton, Donaldson, DJ, Rizzo, and Severino are making over $100m combined and have combined for 0.8 fWar.

For reference Ohtani sits at 7.8 fWar alone.

I’d still keep Gleyber. I think he’s good enough and has been good enough to be a difference in developing and creating a deep lineup.

Everybody else that’s expiring, you could let go of.

Yeah I'm officially on the sell bandwagon. We're not winning **** with this team. We have 8 other guys besides Judge that aren't producing at all and are getting paid .

We suck ...

Clean house, if we can and do it right. Get rid of Cashman and crew. Get rid of Boone and his flunkies. We need tables flipped, bats to garbage cans and a fire set to someone's locker. We can't solve every problem by throwing money at other people's problems hoping they live up to their baseball card.

Let's go Jets....

I don’t even know if I can honestly put it on Boone considering what he has had to work with. Get Cashman out and see what a new GM and staff can do. If new GM wants a new coach right away, so be it, but I think a lot of baseball ppl see what he’s had to work with.

Yeah I'm officially on the sell bandwagon. We're not winning **** with this team. We have 8 other guys besides Judge that aren't producing at all and are getting paid .

We suck ...

Clean house, if we can and do it right. Get rid of Cashman and crew. Get rid of Boone and his flunkies. We need tables flipped, bats to garbage cans and a fire set to someone's locker. We can't solve every problem by throwing money at other people's problems hoping they live up to their baseball card.

Let's go Jets....
Sell what, exactly?

Back
Top Bottom