NEW YORK YANKEES SEASON THREAD VOL. ROAD TO 27

2 weeks from today = YANKEE BASEBALL STARTS

happy.gif

I was wondering if any Yankee fans could tell me a good place to get tickets? I'm looking at stubhub but right now they don't have that many ticketsavailable. I am hoping to make my first trip out to Yankee stadium this year against the A's for the weekend series in July. I think it is July 20th orsomething. Does anyone know where I can get 3 or 4 tickets near the A's dugout? And the range of price....I was willing to spend around $200 or would it bemore? Good looking out.

Spring Training Averages
A-Rod = 471
Jeter = 275
Posada = 235
Melky = 348
Abreu = 441
Giambi = 406
Matsui = 414
Cano = 442
Duncan = 400
Ensberg = 256
Damon = 256
Molina = 300

Not a bad Spring at all. I think A-Rod was right because we arent the favorites this year all the attention is going to Boston.

Originally Posted by Air 23 AJ

^ How much did the MLB Extra Innings package cost you?

$160 since I signed up before the season starts.

I think it goes to $200 after the season starts.

Derer Jeter went 0-for-4 on Tuesday and still doesn't have an RBI in 44 at-bats this spring.

It's not easy to go 44 at-bats without an RBI in a lineup as strong as New York's. Wilson Betemit is hitting .178 and he has nine RBI. Robinson Cano has 19. That Jeter hasn't driven in more of an oddity than a cause for concern, but it would be nice to see him show a little more power during the first couple of weeks of the regular season.

pixel.gif

Manager Joe Girardi said Tuesday that Andy Pettitte (back) will not make his first scheduled start on April 2.

For now at least Pettitte's season debut is being pushed back rather than canceled, with Girardi saying that he'll either start the Yankees' third or fourth game instead. Mike Mussina will start in place of Pettitte on April 2 against the Blue Jays.

Andy Pettitte (back) played catch Tuesday and said afterward that he expects to start one of the Yankees' first five games.

Pettitte has already been scratched from his scheduled start on April 2, but is hoping to take the mound a couple days later. "Definitely we think in the next two or three days I'd be able to get off the mound, which would line me up to start one of those games in the first series," Pettitte said. "That would be nice to be able to do that."

theyre also wearing an all star patch. ill have to order one and get it sewn on.

ill probably go for the road auth. last time i bought a home, it was #41 for randy johnson. then it became miguel cairo. what a mistake..

2 more days!!

I read something interesting last night.

Derek Jeter turn 34 this year
eek.gif

Jason Giambi turns 37
eek.gif

But, here is some good news for next off-season...

Giambi ($21 mill), Abreu ($16 mill), Pettite ($16 mill), Pavano
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
($11 mill) and FarnsworthLESS ($5.5 mill) are off the books.

In that case C.C. Sabathia would look great in Pinstripes or Mark Teixera for a full-time first basemen. Even Vlad and Manny will be FA's.

It's going to be a fun season.

Originally Posted by geronim04

theyre also wearing an all star patch. ill have to order one and get it sewn on.

ill probably go for the road auth. last time i bought a home, it was #41 for randy johnson. then it became miguel cairo. what a mistake..
laugh.gif

Let's get this season started.
pimp.gif

He has struggled in Spring Training and I still haven't forgotten his epic choke-job against the Indians in the post-season last year.

He is our ace and all but he just seems to be too shaky.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

I still haven't forgotten his epic choke-job against the Indians in the post-season last year.

He is our ace and all but he just seems to be too shaky.

neither have I...
smh.gif

He doesn't remain consistent throughout a whole year IMO, but few pitchers do...so it's w/e. It's just at the time when we really needed him tostep up, he failed.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom