New York's Finest Police Cover-Up Ten cops beat up cabbie, then cuff one of their own ...

May be old or late....
 If you don't respect cops from the get go, this is just 1 more reason. 

Behavior like this is the rule, not the exception. 

[h2]
[h2]New York's Finest Police Cover-Up[/h2][h2]Ten cops beat up cabbie, then cuff one of their own for trying to stop them.[/h2][h3]By Graham Rayman[/h3][h4]published: October 13, 2010[/h4]

The Village Voice has learned that New York City's Police Department has spent nearly two years covering up an ugly, alcohol-fueled street brawl in which 10 rookie cops beat up a taxi driver outside a trendy Upper East Side bar. The NYPD has allowed the rookies' boss—a captain who witnessed the fight but didn't act to stop it and left the scene without speaking to investigators—to escape scrutiny.
None of the rookies were charged criminally with the December 2008 assault. Instead, it was the cab-driver victim who was arrested, records show. Meanwhile, the captain, William Pla, was subsequently promoted to commanding officer of the 23th Precinct in East Harlem.

And Sergeant Anthony Acosta, the man who waded into the melee and broke up the assault—a highly decorated sergeant who has made more than 1,000 arrests in his 20-year career—was slapped with administrative charges and chained to a desk without his gun or his shield for almost two years.

"I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how this happened," Acosta tells the Voice. "I did everything right. I feel like the lesson is, you know what, mind your business, stay in your house, don't get involved. I'm not one of those conspiracy people, but how the hell did I end up in this position?"

The cover-up and punishment of the officer who tried to break up the fight is another glaring example of how internal justice is meted out in Ray Kelly's NYPD. In the "NYPD Tapes," published earlier this year, the Voice showed how another whistleblower who has tried to bring NYPD injustice to light, Adrian Schoolcraft, was punished by being forcibly put into a hospital mental ward.
[/h2]

http://www.villagevoice.com/content/printVersion/2155382/

May be old or late....

[h2]
[h2]New York's Finest Police Cover-Up[/h2][h2]Ten cops beat up cabbie, then cuff one of their own for trying to stop them.[/h2][h3]By Graham Rayman[/h3][h4]published: October 13, 2010[/h4]

The Village Voice has learned that New York City's Police Department has spent nearly two years covering up an ugly, alcohol-fueled street brawl in which 10 rookie cops beat up a taxi driver outside a trendy Upper East Side bar. The NYPD has allowed the rookies' boss—a captain who witnessed the fight but didn't act to stop it and left the scene without speaking to investigators—to escape scrutiny.
None of the rookies were charged criminally with the December 2008 assault. Instead, it was the cab-driver victim who was arrested, records show. Meanwhile, the captain, William Pla, was subsequently promoted to commanding officer of the 23th Precinct in East Harlem.

And Sergeant Anthony Acosta, the man who waded into the melee and broke up the assault—a highly decorated sergeant who has made more than 1,000 arrests in his 20-year career—was slapped with administrative charges and chained to a desk without his gun or his shield for almost two years.

"I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how this happened," Acosta tells the Voice. "I did everything right. I feel like the lesson is, you know what, mind your business, stay in your house, don't get involved. I'm not one of those conspiracy people, but how the hell did I end up in this position?"

The cover-up and punishment of the officer who tried to break up the fight is another glaring example of how internal justice is meted out in Ray Kelly's NYPD. In the "NYPD Tapes," published earlier this year, the Voice showed how another whistleblower who has tried to bring NYPD injustice to light, Adrian Schoolcraft, was punished by being forcibly put into a hospital mental ward.
[/h2]

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

May be old or late....

[h2]
Ad Sergeant Anthony Acosta, the man who waded into the melee and broke up the assault—a highly decorated sergeant who has made more than 1,000 arrests in his 20-year career—was slapped with administrative charges and chained to a desk without his gun or his shield for almost two years.

[/h2]

Those punk +!# cops are scum
mad.gif
.This is why there is so much anger and dislike towards them. I know that this isn't all the time and they do do good things but we see stories like this too often. Abusing power
30t6p3b.gif

May be old or late....

[h2]
Ad Sergeant Anthony Acosta, the man who waded into the melee and broke up the assault—a highly decorated sergeant who has made more than 1,000 arrests in his 20-year career—was slapped with administrative charges and chained to a desk without his gun or his shield for almost two years.

[/h2]

Those punk +!# cops are scum
mad.gif
.This is why there is so much anger and dislike towards them. I know that this isn't all the time and they do do good things but we see stories like this too often. Abusing power
30t6p3b.gif

There are actual cops who bust their #!+ to help people everyday, but these scumbags seem to ruin the rep of everyone on the force.

There are actual cops who bust their #!+ to help people everyday, but these scumbags seem to ruin the rep of everyone on the force.

There's good people and there's bad people in every group. The problem is that negative usually has a more powerful and lasting effect than positive so all we see are the bad things they do. These cops were clearly wrong but don't feel like there aren't any good cops out there.

There's good people and there's bad people in every group. The problem is that negative usually has a more powerful and lasting effect than positive so all we see are the bad things they do. These cops were clearly wrong but don't feel like there aren't any good cops out there.

May be old or late....

[h2]
[h2]New York's Finest Police Cover-Up[/h2]

the Voice showed how another whistleblower who has tried to bring NYPD injustice to light, Adrian Schoolcraft, was punished by being forcibly put into a hospital mental ward.
[/h2]

Everyone should listen to the "This American Life" episode about this cat here, especially New Yorkers. #@*% had me like
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

May be old or late....

[h2]
[h2]New York's Finest Police Cover-Up[/h2]

the Voice showed how another whistleblower who has tried to bring NYPD injustice to light, Adrian Schoolcraft, was punished by being forcibly put into a hospital mental ward.
[/h2]

Everyone should listen to the "This American Life" episode about this cat here, especially New Yorkers. #@*% had me like
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom