NEWEGG OPEN BOX - anyone have experience?

So, I'm about to pull the trigger on this Samsung:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889102696R
The price seems right, I've read reviews from a couple sites and they are all positive, but I am hesitant because the item is "open box" i.e., "Newegg only guarantees your receipt of the Open Box product with the purchase of this item. Any accessories MAY OR MAY NOT be included. Newegg will NOT send you any missing accessories, even if it is required to use all of the item's functions."

So basically I'm worried about the TV coming without remote, power cord, and maybe even crapping out earlier than it should (NOT what I want, which is why I'm going with LED)

Has anyone ordered anything via NewEgg "open box"? How was your experience? Am I just worrying too much? Should I go safer route and pay an extra $100-200? Let a playa know.

I know NT has a lot of heads knowledgeable about both electronics and getting good deals, so I'm hoping I can get some solid advise and hopefully help some others out that might have this question in the future.

i've ordered ten  different hard drives over the last bunch of years, all oem, all open box (dat cheapness 
grin.gif
) and i've never had a problem with it.  one thing has always remained the same about newegg, their customer service is awesome and if you have a problem with an item be it function or whatever they usually help you out.  if you buy that tv and like it doesn't come with a stand or something you can probably find that cheap on amazon anyway.

It's really just based on your luck. I've ordered quite a few things with Newegg and there's never really been a problem. The one time I had an issue (ordered a dell power supply... crapped out in a week) I let customer service know and they let me send it back directly to them instead of having to deal with manufacturer warranty rubbish.

Never ordered anything other than computer parts, but you'll probably be cool if you pull the trigger.

I've also ordered several open box items from them without incident. Most are just new items that the person opened the box and returned for some reason. It's usually nothing serious since they're putting their name and reputation behind the item still.

Thanks y'all :pimp: I'm fixin to swing by SAMs club to see if they have any good deals, if not I'm ordering

I can't speak for their openbox policies, but Newegg is one of the best online companies I've ever dealt with personally 

I'd stay away from online open box deals with caveats like "may not come with xxxxx." This is coming from a former employee of a liquidation company that specialized in consumer electronics. These merchants will throw "open box" on any damn thing to get your money. However...
I can't speak for their openbox policies, but Newegg is one of the best online companies I've ever dealt with personally 

Back
Top Bottom