News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lin will be joined by Supergirl actor Mehcad Brooks, Sisi Stringer and Thor: Ragnarok star Tadanobu Asano, who will be tackling the roles of Jax, Mileena and Raiden respectively.

New Line's Mortal Kombat reboot has added three more fighters to its ranks.

Joining previously announced cast members Joe Taslim (Sub Zero), Mehcad Brooks (Jax) and Ludi Lin (Liu Kang) will be Jessica McNamee (The Meg) as Sonya Blade and Josh Lawson (House of Lies) as her long-time nemesis, Kano.

THR also reports that Lewis Tan (Iron Fist, Deadpool 2) is in final negotiations for an undisclosed role. Scorpion?

MORTAL KOMBAT Reboot Casts Hiroyuki Sanada As Scorpion And Chin Han As Shang Tsung

According to Variety, Chin Han (The Dark Knight, Skyscraper) will play evil shape-shifter Shang Tsung, and Hiroyuki Sanada (The Wolverine, Avengers: Endgame) will suit-up as undead ninja Scorpion. They join previously announced cast members Joe Taslim (Sub Zero), Mehcad Brooks (Jax) and Ludi Lin (Liu Lang), Jessica McNamee (Sonya) and Josh Lawson (Kano).

upload_2019-8-27_20-13-53.jpeg

TOMB RAIDER Sequel Officially In The Works With KILL LIST Director Ben Wheatley Set To Helm

According to Deadline, a sequel to MGM's 2018 Tomb Raider reboot has been given a release date of March 19, 2021, and British filmmaker Ben Wheatley is set to take over from the first film's director Roar Uthaug.

Alicia Vikander has signed on to reprise the role of Lara Croft.

Wheatley is best known for disturbing/surreal movies such as Kill List and High Rise, but the director did take a step closer to more mainstream fare with recent action flick Free Fire.

SNAKE EYES: The G.I. JOE Spinoff Has Reportedly Cast WARRIOR Star Andrew Koji As Storm Shadow

According to the site, multiple sources confirmed that Andrew Koji, star of the Cinemax series Warrior, will follow in the footsteps of Byung-hun Lee (The Magnificent Seven) to tackle the role of Storm Shadow.

Plot details on the G.I. Joe spinoff remain under wraps, but we do know R.I.P.D. and Red director Robert Schwentke will take the helm of the film, which has a script from writer Evan Spiliotopoulos (Beauty and The Beast).

ezgif-5-66bead098767.jpg

HE RAID Star Iko Uwais Is Cast As Hard Master In The SNAKE EYES Solo Movie

Another actor has joined the cast of Paramount's Snake Eyes solo movie. Iko Uwais is best known for featuring in The Raid. He'll be playing Hard Master — according to a new report by The Hollywood Reporter. The character is a martial arts expert who will serve as a mentor for the titular commando.

gettyimages-1014409764.jpg

The studio has confirmed Joe Taslim (The Raid) as the icy fighter Sub Zero, Ludi Lin (Power Rangers) as the fierce warrior Liu Kang, Jessica McNamee (The Meg) as the deadly Sonya Blade, Josh Lawson (Superstore) as the laser-eyed Kano, Tadanobu Asano (Thor: Ragnarok) as the electric Raiden, Mehcad Brooks (Supergirl) as the steel-armed Jackson “Jax” Bridges, Chin Han (The Dark Knight) as the soul-stealing Shang Tsung, Hiroyuki Sanada (The Wolverine) as the intimidating Scorpion, Max Huang (Kingsman: The Secret Service stuntman) as the hat-throwing Kung Lao, newcomer Sisi Stringer as the sai-wielding Mileena, and Into the Badlands star Lewis Tan in an unknown role.

Matt Damon says rejecting 'Avatar' cost him an eye-watering amount of money

Matt Damon has revealed that turning down the lead role in Avatar cost him $250 million (£204 million).

Director James Cameron offered the Hollywood star 10% of the profits from his 2009 science fiction epic if he accepted the part of Jake Sully. However, the 48-year-old declined the offer, and the role went to Australian actor Sam Worthington, who also starred in the Clash Of The Titans remake and Mel Gibson's Hacksaw Ridge.

Avatar made $2.79 billion (£2.28 billion) at the global box office, meaning Damon could have earned upwards of a quarter of a billion dollars.

He told British GQ that Cameron invited him onto the film, but warned he could easily replace him with an unknown actor. Speaking in conversation with Christian Bale, his co-star on forthcoming film Le Mans '66, the actor said: "Jim Cameron offered me Avatar.

"And when he offered it to me, he goes: 'Now, listen. I don't need anybody. I don't need a name for this, a named actor. If you don't take this, I'm gonna find an unknown actor and give it to him, because the movie doesn't really need you.'

He added: "I told (film-maker) John Krasinski this story when we were writing Promised Land. We're writing this movie about fracking.

"We're writing in the kitchen and we're on a break and I tell him the story and he goes: 'What?'

"And he stands up and he starts pacing in the kitchen. He goes: 'OK. OK. OK. OK. OK.'

"He goes: 'If you had done that movie, nothing in your life would be different. Nothing in your life would be different at all. Except that, right now, we would be having this conversation in space.'

"So, yeah. I've left more money on the table than any actor, actually.”

The Hollywood A-lister previously revealed he turned down Avatar due to a scheduling clash with his other films The Bourne Ultimatum and The Green Zone.

There are currently four Avatar sequels in the pipeline at 20th Century Fox with Sam Worthington returning as Jake Sully. Avatar 2 is scheduled for release in December 2021.

Back
Top Bottom