News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Man, DC/WB should be thinking/planning this far ahead:

Disney Dates a New Mystery Marvel Studios Film

Just a week after Walt Disney Pictures and Marvel Studios revealed release dates for two mystery projects in 2016 and 2017, a new update has set a third mystery Marvel film for release on July 8, 2016.

This past May saw the release of Iron Man 3 and the official launch of "Phase Two" of the ongoing Marvel Cinematic Universe. On November 8, the universe continues with Thor: The Dark World and, in 2014, we'll get Captain America: The Winter Soldier on April 4 and Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1. Marvel's The Avengers 2 then concludes Phase Two on May 1, 2015 with "Phase Three" launching later that year when Ant-Man hits theaters November 6.

The current 2016 lineup calls for the first mystery Marvel entry on May 6 with the just announced project following two months later. A third unknown Marvel project has already been targeted for May 5, 2017.

It has been hinted in the past that Marvel has plans for new characters in Phase Three like Doctor Strange and The Black Panther. Either of those could take on these future release dates as could a Marvel's The Avengers 3 (likely for 2017), another sequel to an existing film or even a completely new surprise. Only time will tell, so check back for updates as they become available.

Phase 2:

IM3: May 3, 2013
Thor 2: Nov 11, 2013
CA2: Apr 4, 2014
GotG: Aug 1, 2014
A2: May 1, 2013

Phase 3:

AntMan: Nov 6, 2014
???: May 6, 2016
???: Jul 28, 2016
???: May 5, 2017

I'm getting hypes just looking at the possibilities.
So no marvel movies in 2015?????

Oops, corrected it. If you look in the article I posted, A2 and AntMan are 2015 films.

So AntMan a founding member of the Avengers will not show up until the 3rd Avengers movie?

Hopefully Wasp will be in the AntMan movie.

I couldn't imagine what they could be. I'm expecting black panther and maybe doctor strange too. As much as I love strange, I couldn't imagine him having his own movie but at the same time I remember hearing rumors of phase 3 involving the whole shipping hulk into outer space and the whole planet hulk story line. It was the illuminati's decision and strange as well as iron man were part of the illuminati.....but so are professor X and Mr. Fantastic.

I think Fox can be paid off >D

Fox can't be paid off, they even took a jab at Marvel by putting Quiksilver in the DofP when they know Avengers will be using the same character.

And AntMan can still be in A2, he can be introduced in the film and then have his own film after.

Yeah that move that fox made with quicksilver and scarlet witch was pretty crazy but to be honest I didn't want them in avengers 2 though. What would be the point of having them in there if you couldn't mention anything about there xmen past, magneto being there father, they wouldn't even be able to call them mutants

Last edited:
Whedon has plans for those two, which will be relevant because with all the heroes he already has in the film, I am not sure why he would make it harder on himself by adding unnecessary characters.

DOCTOR STRANGE To Be Marvel Studios' New Star Franchise In Phase 3 & Beyond

According to the same source as yesterday's post, who is actually an insider with intimate knowledge of the development of Doctor Strange but wishes to remain unnamed and anonymous due to the position currently held, Doctor Strange is going to mean more to Phase 3 than most fans are expecting. The following quote is directly from the source and is what Marvel's current thought process is for the Doctor as of right now.

"What I can say is that Strange is being groomed to be the next Iron Man. The studio needs a new 'hub' character going into Phase 3 and beyond, as there is audience fatigue, aging stars and a need to move from Tony Stark/Iron Man as a 'hub' for films."

Doctor Strange will be the new glue that helps holds together the Marvel Cinematic Universe—since he can bounce between so many realms, dimensions and planes—just as Stark has done in the past. (S.H.I.E.L.D. helps do that too.) Whoever is eventually cast in the lead role of the Doctor will most likely have to sign one of those Samuel L. Jackson-like nine-picture deals because, per the source, it seems like Doctor Strange will be making appearances in more films than just his own and potentially The Avenger 3.

I was thinking about it and with the right casting Doc Strange can easily be the guy that replaces RDJR as the main face of the Marvel cinematic universe. His story has a bit more reach. He can deal with his supernatural stuff (and even foster more films in that genre from marvel), mess with the cosmic stuff like he has before with the Avengers or GotG, and be a bit street level when it's called for.
So AntMan a founding member of the Avengers will not show up until the 3rd Avengers movie?

Hopefully Wasp will be in the AntMan movie.
Most likely. Ant Man is just not in high demand. They're not completely sure his movie will be a success. Plus they wanted 2 human members in the team for the audience to relate to on some level.
I couldn't imagine what they could be. I'm expecting black panther and maybe doctor strange too. As much as I love strange, I couldn't imagine him having his own movie but at the same time I remember hearing rumors of phase 3 involving the whole shipping hulk into outer space and the whole planet hulk story line. It was the illuminati's decision and strange as well as iron man were part of the illuminati.....but so are professor X and Mr. Fantastic.

I think Fox can be paid off >D
They'll probably add in Black Panther, hopefully black Bolt, and make Cap the guy that doesn't agree who leaves.

Last edited:
really enjoyed the doctor strange animated movie that marvel put out.. would definitely recommend it for anyone who hasnt seen it yet

not really sure who i could see in the part though

They'll probably add in Black Panther, hopefully black Bolt, and make Cap the guy that doesn't agree who leaves.

Lol of course they would try and throw in some civil war ideas. I would rather them go the civil war route which would be AMAZING but they would definitely need Spider-Man for that storyline. He's an integral part

Last edited:
^I think they'll only throw in some elements not actually do it. Too many missing parts. To me Reed Richards plays a big role as well among a few other ppl.

Henry Cavill Hopes Justice League ‘Won’t Be Right Away’

Henry Cavill wants to fly alongside his fellow members of the Justice League — he just doesn’t expect that to happen for quite a while.

In an interview with ABC’s Peter Travers, the Man of Steel star opened up on the future of the DC Cinematic Universe. In his opinion, a Justice League movie is “going to be tough to achieve.”

“Justice League could be great if done correctly,” he said. “It’s a very tough one to do because the DC comic heroes are all god-like in their power. So in this real-world setting we’re telling out story in, it’s going to be tough to achieve that and it has to be done very delicately with a lot of thought. So, it won’t be right away, I hope it’s not anyway.”

Smart guy.

Last edited:
Lol of course they would try and throw in some civil war ideas. I would rather them go the civil war route which would be AMAZING but they would definitely need Spider-Man for that storyline. He's an integral part

Yeah. Doing Civil War without Spider-Man would really be weird and all. Unless, they substitute him with another character. Still gon' be weird though.

I don't think Spiderman can be replaced just because he is just that big superhero that revealed himself. It'll be like if Superman or Batman revealed themselves,t hats how big SpiderMan is.

IronMan could have been put in place of Spiderman but it is already public knowledge that Stark is IM in the films so that wouldn't work. I really am not sure who can replace SpiderMan that would be better or even equal the impact of his popularity.

At this point though, is a Civil War film even on the books? Seems like they are more focused on outer space and magic/supernatural at this point that a political side of the story. Maybe in phase 4?

Last edited:
^I think they'll only throw in some elements not actually do it. Too many missing parts. To me Reed Richards plays a big role as well among a few other ppl.

Smart guy.
indeed. i honestly feel marvel movies are becoming quite lackluster. its action packed, has a few cheap laughs here and there, but not great movies like dark knight and with characters like iron man and captain america, the movie has so much potential. they're just throwing out all these movies, rushing through them IMO. i mean its cool that they're giving fans what they want but just give me a good quality movie. im glad DC not taking this route and carefully thinking things through...i hope.

Smart guy.
indeed. i honestly feel marvel movies are becoming quite lackluster. its action packed, has a few cheap laughs here and there, but not great movies like dark knight and with characters like iron man and captain america, the movie has so much potential. they're just throwing out all these movies, rushing through them IMO. i mean its cool that they're giving fans what they want but just give me a good quality movie. im glad DC not taking this route and carefully thinking things through...i hope.

Thinking things through? DC doesn't have the first clue what the **** they are doing next, what have they thought through?

Meanwhile, Marvel has phase 1 complete, phase 2 in process, and phase 3 already outlined over the next 3+ years.

Which one is thinking things through again? :lol:

Yeah. Doing Civil War without Spider-Man would really be weird and all. Unless, they substitute him with another character. Still gon' be weird though.
It's too late imo. They would have had to choose a street level hero in phase 1 had solo movies, harp on the need for the secret identity, etc. So they can't do that in the next few years. Maybe in the 2020s they can do a Civil War Avengers movie.

Smart guy.
I don't agree here, Marvel has shown to actually have a plan and they don't seem to be rushing much of anything.

Those Batman movies were all Nolan. DC let him rock and that was the smartest thing they did. He told them he'd be done after TDKR and from the jump that his Batman would not be branching out in to the rest of DC characters.

As of now it's nothing indicating DC is taking their time, this is simply what Cavill hopes they do.

It's too late imo. They would have had to choose a street level hero in phase 1 had solo movies, harp on the need for the secret identity, etc. So they can't do that in the next few years. Maybe in the 2020s they can do a Civil War Avengers movie.

Agree. IMO I still think they should just separate the world/universe of their street level/supernatural heroes.

^
Exactly. DC has wet the bed big time.

They let Nolan run Batman his way, giving them no tie ins, so they immediately say they want to reboot Bats asap, while doing the new MOS, hoping to have Justice League in time to compete with Avengers 2, yet Green Latern is a complete wash, they can't get Flash or Wonder Woman done in time, so they're left holding no cards and less than 2 years before they need a Justice League movie.

Now they talkin about MOS sequel by 2014 (?!!?!?!????!?!??!?!?) with JL still on the dockett for 2015?

That sounds like a plan? :lol: Sounds like they throwin ideas at a wall to me.

DC needs to plan right, move on from MOS, get a new GL going, followed by a new Bat, then a MOS sequel, somehow introduce Wonder Woman and Flash seperately in each of those films if possible, and then follow with a JL in 2017-2018 range. Do it right, not do it in time to fight against an already established Avengers franchise that is snowballing movie by movie.

^
Exactly. DC has wet the bed big time.

They let Nolan run Batman his way, giving them no tie ins, so they immediately say they want to reboot Bats asap, while doing the new MOS, hoping to have Justice League in time to compete with Avengers 2, yet Green Latern is a complete wash, they can't get Flash or Wonder Woman done in time, so they're left holding no cards and less than 2 years before they need a Justice League movie.

Now they talkin about MOS sequel by 2014 (?!!?!?!????!?!??!?!?) with JL still on the dockett for 2015?

That sounds like a plan? :lol: Sounds like they throwin ideas at a wall to me.

DC needs to plan right, move on from MOS, get a new GL going, followed by a new Bat, then a MOS sequel, somehow introduce Wonder Woman and Flash seperately in each of those films if possible, and then follow with a JL in 2017-2018 range. Do it right, not do it in time to fight against an already established Avengers franchise that is snowballing movie by movie.

They really got blindsided by The Avengers' success. Seems like they thought solo movies would do the trick, well it does in a way but The Avengers really changed the playing field so to speak.

DC needs to introduce the DCU in steps, a worlds finest movie and then a trinity movie, would be a great way to introduce batman and wonder woman and then a justice league for the other members.

DC needs to introduce the DCU in steps, a worlds finest movie and then a trinity movie, would be a great way to introduce batman and wonder woman and then a justice league for the other members.

That's a pretty good idea. Makes sense too.

I think DC needs to branch out to their heroes, take risks but good risks. No GL-like films, not really sure how someone could watch that film and say, "hey, that is good, let's release that to the public!".

A good actor, decent director and screenwriter (hell steal some writers from Marvel, they haven't had a terribly bad film in a while) and a good to decent Flash and WW film couldn't be that difficult, could it? I mean I didn't think a Cap movie would work, but Marvel has done a good job with it. Same with Thor and IM.

Back
Top Bottom