NFL 2010 Pro Bowl Selections

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

c2445f77f8144009f328d0cb4be7db5a-getty-88972208dp031_new_york_gian.jpg

DPOY
pimp.gif

some of yall sure do get butt hurt your favorite player on your team didn't make the probowl

No Bengals? Can't be right, a playoff team should send atleast one. Isn't the game played before the SB? meaning no players from the SB will play inthe game.

poor Santonio Holmes dude has been better this season than pretty much any reciever in the NFC. AFC WR game is crazy though. I mean i think Santonio is betterthan Wes and i dont think at all that Wes would be even close to as effective in a different system or as a #1 WR like Santonio is, but stats dont lie. Withthe #s he is putting up this season it would be a shame if he didnt get into the PB.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by JPZx

Bryant McKinnie is a starter in the Pro Bowl?

THE Bryant McKinnie that was benched on national television against the Carolina Panthers last week for getting abused on every snap?

Oh ok.
JPZ...let me ask you....

would you have been mad if Ryan Grant had been selected over AP for the pro bowl RB spot? Is it debatable the Grant was more deserving? AP has tailed off in the last 6-7 games, and the fumbles aren't things that you can ignore. I know the PB voting process is about popularity, but what do you think?
Well, I see your point but I think Ryan Grant would be a bad alternative. I'm aware that he has pretty good stats this season, but is hereally a pro bowl caliber player? I would say no. Anybody that watches multiple Packer games should know that, and hell even the Packer fans on here will tellyou that they are surprised when he has a good day rushing. Check the statlines:

Peterson - 1329 YDs, 17 TDs, 4.4 per/carry
Grant - 1202 YDs, 10 TDs, 4.4 per/carry

It's certainly debatable that Ryan Grant (based on his stats) deserves a spot, but I don't think Adrian Peterson would be the one you would substituteout for Grant. I mean, DeAngelo Williams has 1117 YDs and 7 TDs, Steven Jackson has 1353 YDs and only 4 TDs. Grant has better stats than DeAngelo, and AP hasbetter stats than DeAngelo and Jackson. Although Adrian Peterson's year hasn't been smooth or consistent, Idon't think you can ignore the stats, and the stats say he's far and away better on paper than all NFC RBs (about the same amount of rushing yards asSteven Jackson and is 7 touchdowns ahead of every other NFC RB at 17). However, I do think that touchdowns for RBs can be an overrated stat at times.

When I say you can't ignore the stats, that means fumbles as well. Adrian Peterson has 6 fumbles this year and that definitely deserves as much attentionas all of his other stats. Although, AP had 9 fumbles in 2008 and you really didn't hear people saying they werereluctant to give him a spot because of that, which means with three less this year (6) that shouldn't discourage anyone from giving him a spot this yeareither in my opinion. I know there's still a game left, but I doubt that he's going to fumble three times next week...or at least I hope not
laugh.gif

Again, I see what you're getting at and it's not a bad point. Definitely something that can be debated. I just think that the Vikings offensive lineshould be given the blame for our RB troubles this year, and not Adrian Peterson. Sure, we have a ton of big names, but when you watch the games you would seethat they are getting absolutely no push most of the time. The holes aren't there and even a runningback like Adrian Peterson can't put up solidnumbers if the blocking in front of him is sub-par.

Sorry for the essay-esque post
laugh.gif

Revis and Aso gonna allow 0 catches all game while blanketing the NFC WRs and Woodson and Samuel gonna get like 2 picks each
laugh.gif

I thought pro bowl teams had more players this. Only 1 strong safety and only 3 tackles and guards?

Originally Posted by TheInfiniteSR

Revis and Aso gonna allow 0 catches all game while blanketing the NFC WRs and Woodson and Samuel gonna get like 2 picks each
laugh.gif
92553877.jpg

Brent Celek, London and Steve Smith (NYG) should have made it. But I think they'll get in because a rack of those guys prolly won't be playing in theactual game.

I'm not mad at my dudes Big Weav and Desean though. Congrats
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Brent Celek, London and Steve Smith (NYG) should have made it. But I think they'll get in because a rack of those guys prolly won't be playing in the actual game.
You're right, the Vikings 8 pro bowlers will be playing in the Super Bowl so they won't be playing in the Pro Bowl since it's a weekbefore the big game
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Nah but forreal who in the NFC would Steve Smith have made it over?

Back
Top Bottom