NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think their helmets ever touched. That was all shoulder.
Ed Reed is laying hats...thats two fines so far for him
What!? The hit on Edelman was a forearm shiver. Didn't even lead with his helmet.
idk man...any hit that looks remotely close to the neck/head area usually ends up being a fine..whether he led with his head or not.

I thought it was a damn good hit personally

reed2_medium.gif

And the real Alex smith showed up today :pimp: 49ers fans brought down to earth

:lol:

Texans fans make me laugh. Acting as if they have something that remotely resembles a history of winning. The only ones that need to be brought back down to earth is you guys because you haven't won anything....Ever...So until you do, I suggest you keep your insignificant thoughts about your insignificant team to yourself.

Texans fans make me laugh. Acting as if they have something that remotely resembles a history of winning. The only ones that need to be brought back down to earth is you guys because you haven't won anything....Ever...So until you do, I suggest you keep your insignificant thoughts about your insignificant team to yourself.

So much truth. :lol:

I've got Houston at the top, Atlanta next in-line. My reasoning is I believe in the Texans DEF far more than Nolan's work in ATL.

look man, MMG doesn't speak for all of us. and what does "a history of winning" have to do with this season? i wasn't aware you needed a history of winning to be relevant. they're 3-0 and have looked good in getting to 3-0, agree? and if you disagree, actually give me valid points, and none of that "oh wait til week 10" or "they don't have a history of winning". argue with actual football insight

and for the actual post: alex smith didn't look nearly as good as he did last year and in the first two games of this season. he looked as lost as he looked in years where he was a nobody. partly due to the amount of pressure that minnesota was bringing

I've got Houston at the top, Atlanta next in-line. My reasoning is I believe in the Texans DEF far more than Nolan's work in ATL.

THANK YOU, ACTUAL FOOTBALL OPINIONS

i think both teams are dangerous. the falcons have had injuries at CB which could hurt them. i like their ability to be very aggressive on offense with julio, roddy, and gonzalez though.
the texans strength is simply in running the ball, and the playaction pass from the run. having arian foster and ben tate is a very nice 1-2 punch. opens up the deep ball (like it did today) for andre, and the middle of the field for the tight ends. defensively they shut down peyton and the broncos for 3 and a half quarters, and then tried to give away the game at the end. didn't help that the offense stalled during that same time. a lot of positives, but definitely can still smooth stuff out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom