NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only a few months old at the time but I can only imagine this is akin to the shame of SB XXIV that the fan base must have felt.

This D was great but I don't have them as an ALL time great D.

Congrats Hawks fans, glad to se D can still win

That Ravens 00 d>>>

That Tampa Bucs 02/03 d>>>>

This Seattle Seahawks Defense doesn't compare to it...

Trent Dilfer and Brad johnson were the worst qbs to win the superbowl...only next to Big Ben...

Those teams D's used to score points on defense....they didn't need an offense at all...

Um. Joe Flacco just won last year

There are other examples but I think you've shown your hand already :lol:

everytime I see the 12th man logo I think it's Dwight Howard. Why couldn't they color it in Seahawks colors? :lol:

Shout outs to the Seahawks fans that have been in midtown all week drunk yelling "HAWKS!"... I sincerely believe it had something to do with the way the Hawks played. Only Broncos fans I saw were throwing up in the middle of the streets and being as lowkey as possible about it. That's how they came out and played.

Shoutout to Paul he was the only one outside the Seattle fan base who knew the deal. Wish there could be 2 winners in this game cause I like Peyton a lot but **** I would be lying to say I'm not losing my mind right now. SEAHAWKS!

I feel cheated i watched the entire NFL season for THAT...congrats to the Seahawks fans

Happy for Lynch and Wilson...sad for Champ and Peyton

Ya'll can't just name every team that won the Super Bowl with a crappy offense and a good defense as being in the running for the best defense ever.

Broncos don't match the Raiders three titles :pimp:

Broncos get blown out worse than the Raiders did :rofl: at least we scored double digits.

You almost have to fire John Fox right now. Literally this min.
stick to soccer 
laugh.gif

Peyton was shook from jump......his only ring came against a Rex Grossman led team

Last edited:

you said it was blasphemy to COMPARE them... don't skew your arguement to fit your salty comments
Ummmm not skewing , the Seahawks d isn't even comparible. Your mad for some reason unknown to me doggy
Not sure why I'm even entertaining this but you are just making uneducated claims.

Bill Barnwell wrote an article several days ago that compared the '13 Seahawks, '00 Ravens, and '85 Bears while adjusting for league averages.

This Seahawks defense is very much in the conversation with those two units.

The Broncos won’t be up against any average defense on Sunday, either. The Seahawks’ defense didn’t receive the same number of accolades or set records the same way the Denver offense did in 2013, but it’s not exactly lacking for impressive performances. Seattle allowed a league-low 231 points this year, with opposing teams scoring just 14.4 points per game against Richard Sherman & Co. That’s a good number any year, but it looks even better in the context of the highest-scoring season in league history; Seattle sliced nine points per game off the average offense’s output this year. It led the league in defensive DVOA, Simple Rating System, and AdvancedNFLStats’s Team Efficiency.

We can put Seattle’s performance into context the same way in which we analyzed the Broncos’ offense to see where the Seahawks stack up historically. Using the same methodology as before,[sup]5[/sup] the numbers suggest that the Seahawks were 2.2 standard deviations below[sup]6[/sup] the mean. That’s not quite as ridiculous as Denver’s 2013 season, but it still manages to pop up as one of the most impressive defensive campaigns of all time. Here are the top 10 defensive performances in NFL history by standard score, and what their numbers would translate to in 2013:

[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]Team[/th][th=""]Actual PA[/th][th=""]PPG[/th][th=""]Std Score[/th][th=""]2013 Adj PA[/th][th=""]2013 Adj PPG[/th][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]Ravens[/td][td]201[/td][td]12.6[/td][td]-2.71[/td][td]198[/td][td]12.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]2002[/td][td]Buccaneers[/td][td]196[/td][td]12.3[/td][td]-2.70[/td][td]198[/td][td]12.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]1995[/td][td]Chiefs[/td][td]241[/td][td]15.1[/td][td]-2.58[/td][td]206[/td][td]12.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]1970[/td][td]Vikings[/td][td]143[/td][td]10.2[/td][td]-2.46[/td][td]214[/td][td]13.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]1994[/td][td]Browns[/td][td]204[/td][td]12.8[/td][td]-2.35[/td][td]221[/td][td]13.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]1985[/td][td]Bears[/td][td]198[/td][td]12.4[/td][td]-2.29[/td][td]225[/td][td]14.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]1986[/td][td]Bears[/td][td]187[/td][td]11.7[/td][td]-2.29[/td][td]225[/td][td]14.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]2000[/td][td]Ravens[/td][td]165[/td][td]10.3[/td][td]-2.22[/td][td]230[/td][td]14.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]1988[/td][td]Bears[/td][td]215[/td][td]13.4[/td][td]-2.20[/td][td]231[/td][td]14.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]2013[/td][td]Seahawks[/td][td]231[/td][td]14.4[/td][td]-2.20[/td][td]231[/td][td]14.4[/td][/tr][/table]

I'm just happy they didn't give the MVP to Wilson... Should of gone to Percy but I completely understand why it had to be someone on defense.

That dude who grabbed the mic during Malcolm smiths press conference lmao.

Defense wise the 2000 ravens were the best defense of all time imo. Im kinda biased since I didn't see the 85 bears play while I got to watch the 2000 ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom