NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC what are your boys doing this upcoming draft? Going CB? Bridgewater if he is there?
Really have no clue. And the fact that it's stretched out until May has totally killed my interest. Don't think that they really have the balls to draft Bridgewater if he drops, though him and Hue Jackson have the same agent. I think that a corner is more likely. Heard that we loved Beckham too but there's no chance he makes it to us.

What are the Steelers going to do? You guys have honestly drafted worse than anyone in our division as of late. Hope you keep it up :pimp: :lol:

Last edited:
:lol:

Harsh but probably true. I think they finally avoid d line (Bengals showed you can get that later) and finally address the corner situation. Need to get a legit replacement for I Like Ike Taylor. I think oline is actually ok so stick to D besides a WR around 3 or 4

Really have no clue. And the fact that it's stretched out until May has totally killed my interest. Don't think that they really have the balls to draft Bridgewater if he drops, though him and Hue Jackson have the same agent. I think that a corner is more likely. Heard that we loved Beckham too but there's no chance he makes it to us.

What are the Steelers going to do? You guys have honestly drafted worse than anyone in our division as of late. Hope you keep it up
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Re: Beckham, does it really make sense for the Bengals to go after another pass-catcher in the first?  They've invested first round picks in Green, Gresham, Eifert, plus Sanu and Jones in the 3rd/5th.  And Bernard is versatile in that respect out of the backfield.  

I do think corner makes sense.  What happened with Kirkpatrick?  Did he just turn out to not be good?  The draftniks were loving him, as I remember.

I think the Bengals are in a position where they have some flexibility because we don't have many pressing needs besides QB lol. I know they like Beckham, but he would have to fall there and that looks doubtful. When you have a QB with limitations like Dalton you can never have enough weapons. Plus, lost Hawkins to Cleveland so OBJ could fill that role.

Kirkpatrick is coming along fine, but was hampered by injuries early. I think that he'll be a solid starter for most of his career but nothing more, which is about what he was projected as. With Hall, Newman and Jones all playing well there just hadn't been much time for him to play. He saw more time when Hall went down with the Achilles injury and looked fine. This is a deep corner draft so I don't think that they have to take one at 24 if their guy isn't there.

Come on dareus. Really drugs? Just what we need a distraction. I we will be drafting a DT this thrusday smh.
I can't see Bills drafting a DT with the 9th pick on Thursday. They're more likely to draft Taylor Lewan or Eric Ebron. Unless rumors are true and they trade up to try to get Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans...

I can't see Bills drafting a DT with the 9th pick on Thursday. They're more likely to draft Taylor Lewan or Eric Ebron. Unless rumors are true and they trade up to try to get Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans...

naw you misunderstood me lol. Im thinking 3,4,5 round range. I want 1 of the OT or ebron in the first at this point. I have no desire to trade to move up we need all our picks.

Oh okay I thought you were talking about with 9th pick and yeah we need all our picks and good to see another Bills fan on NT

Last edited:
Denver Broncos receiver Wes Welker celebrated at the Kentucky Derby just the way we figure any insanely rich man would.

He wore a funny hat. He won a big bet. Then he passed out $100 bills to random strangers.

Sounds about right.

Welker's Derby day was chronicled on Twitter, of course (with a h/t to Larry Brown Sports). First Chris Brown of SmartFootball.com posted a picture of Welker flashing a fat wad of cash, and presumably he wasn't just showing off his signing bonus the Broncos gave him last year.

Maybe Welker had a huge bet on California Chrome, or hit the trifecta. Either way, Welker (salary and signing bonus last year: $6 million ... that doesn't count the windfall from the Old Spice commercials) had so much cash he started giving it out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-win-by-handing-out--100-bills-160336367.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom