NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even before the knee injury, he was taking some HUGE shots. Even at 221, or whatever he was listed at, dude looked slender. I think a change had to be made to his physique so he can take some of these hits.

You all do have good points about the added stress on his knee though. I was wondering the same thing. However, with as careful as they are going to treat things with him after the Seattle game, I'm sure that he got the green light to put on the added weight. The team (and RG3) wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his career after all the mistakes that were made last season.

I wouldn't worry about the added weight if he's building mass in his legs via squats, deadlifts, cleans, and such, but most of that muscle is probably on the upperbody given he was rehabbing his knee after surgery. That's where I think the added weight can come back to hurt him. I wouldn't be worried if it were from strengthening the legs and muscles around the knee.

I wouldn't worry about the added weight if he's building mass in his legs via squats, deadlifts, cleans, and such, but most of that muscle is probably on the upperbody given he was rehabbing his knee after surgery. That's where I think the added weight can come back to hurt him. I wouldn't be worried if it were from strengthening the legs and muscles around the knee.

10-15 pounds in the upper body...

I guess we'll see. The team doctors should know, I suppose. Still some time to build some muscle around that knee though.

4-3.

Irony is they have a lot of pieces to play a 3-4, so we could be seeing some switching back and forth maybe. But their base is 4-3.

That's why I didn't get the Jordan pick.. Have him and wake as 3-4 ends would be beautiful..

So do y'all play Jordan at DE or as a SAM?

RG2 wants his boy to throw more. I agree Shanahan gonna have that dude get killed out there. Too valuable to risk his body. That injury was haunting.

RG3 will come back ready to go but he needs to throw more

4-3.

Irony is they have a lot of pieces to play a 3-4, so we could be seeing some switching back and forth maybe. But their base is 4-3.

That's why I didn't get the Jordan pick.. Have him and wake as 3-4 ends would be beautiful..

I think 6'6 250 is plently big enough to play Defensive End in todays NFL, especially if you have a scheme where your ends play wide 5s and 9s

4-3.

I think 6'6 250 is plently big enough to play Defensive End in todays NFL, especially if you have a scheme where your ends play wide 5s and 9s

Dion is not 250 maybe he put on some weight since the end of season but he aint no 250

Ben added 10-15 lbs after his first year or two as well

Not quite muscle though
laugh.gif
mean.gif

laugh.gif

thats different though, Big Ben had the frame to do it, dudes like 6'5 and was 220+ comin in regardless
laugh.gif

And even he has to miss a few games a year

rare that guys come into camp heavier on purpose after knee injuries.

Im very skeptical about this route RGIII is taking.

Shades of Greg Oden with the upper-body bulking up after a leg injury 
nerd.gif

Just kidding, don't want to curse him like that.  I'm rooting for RG3.

i wonder if the ******** co-signed this or he just went out and did it on his own.

I'm pretty sure they did. EVERYONE has to be on the same page with his rehab.

From Charley Casserly:

et's keep things in perspective: This is just a step in the process
We can speculate all we want, but there simply is no way of knowing if RG3 is moving too fast without talking to the doctors and trainers. After what happened in the playoff game, we can assume that the ******** organization will be very cautious in its approach to clearing him to play.

In any rehab, there is going to be a first time the player gets back on the field. Every time a player has a day of activity in rehab, he gets evaluated the next day to see how he feels and to see if there are any setbacks. This is just a step in the process, but it does keep in line with everything that has been said about RG3 being ahead of schedule on his rehab.

Rest of Article in Link

I posted this in the Skins thread, but since there are a lot of fans of his, why not post it here as well?....here's 31 minutes of Sean Taylor - via Grantland

:pimp:

What could have been.... :smh:

That boy Sean Taylor was vicious.
Every team in the NFL is looking for a safety like Sean Taylor.

I posted this in the Skins thread, but since there are a lot of fans of his, why not post it here as well?....here's 31 minutes of Sean Taylor - via Grantland

:pimp:

What could have been.... :smh:

Dude was going to be the best man, one of the best tacklers period I've evee seen. I always wanted to know why he went from #36 to #21? I will always remember that man defense on Moss and him taking on Lorenzo and fumbling Tomlinson. :smokin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom