NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. That article is physically repulsive to me. 

Add **** like that up over the past decade and you'll understand my frustrations with this franchise.

Top 5 GM, they say. Suck my ******* ****.

Bro you should call Bob Kraft. Surely you are better at managing an NFL roster than Bill Belichick :lol:

Did BB **** your mombs, fambs ?

"physically repulsive"

Dead

I don't think anyone but the normal trolling Cowboys fans who will probably disappear in December are getting butt hurt :lol:

For me, I see your point. I'm saying that they are also talking a lot about his performance as well. A lot of praise is passed down on the O-Line for sure. But he is also getting a lot of talk about how well he is doing. And I did not agree with your statement on the amount of carries.

QB's are always going to be favored because they'll get all the praise for how well a team is doing. RB's are always going to be long shots because they need their O-Line to be competent.

Right now, I think I would have it:

Peyton
AR
Luck
Rivers
Murray

I don't think it's out of the realm to have either of these guys placed anywhere in the top 5.

I got jj watt as that non-QB who will get consideration if his team has a decent record.. Cause they for sure won't be giving it to Fitzpatrick

I mean everyone, including our resident Texans' fan(s), had that team in the running for mariota.. If they end up with a decent record the media is going to be quick to throw a whole lot of praise behind jj

They can show the int return for a td.. The td reception he had real early in the season

I mean obviously he's behind the QBs right now.. But if the Texans get 8-9 wins and somehow make the playoffs.. I can easily see his name getting thrown around

At least DSK can evaluate and critique his favorite team... unlike those Pats fans that are too busy slurping BB and Kraft all day.

Last edited:
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]ESPN confirms existence of Seattle locker-room divide, in unusual way[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on October 24, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT

wilson1.jpg
AP
The Seahawks have a divided locker room.  Unless they don’t.  Unless they do.

ESPN has advanced the ball on this topic in an unusual way.  Appearing on  SportsCenter  and introducing Thursday’s sound from Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, anchor Kenny Mayne encroached on the turf of national insiders Chris Mortensen, Adam Schefter, Ed Werder, and roughly 17 or so others.

“Two sources — one inside the team, one outside of the underachieving 3-3 Seahawks — tell me that much of what was written in Mike Freeman’s Bleacher Report  column is true,” Mayne said, apparently reading from carefully-crafted prompter copy.  “[Freeman] wrote of turmoil involving since-tradedPercy Harvin  and the quarterback Russell Wilson that led to a more widespread internal battle pitting those for Russell Wilson and those against.  And Freeman surmised on his own an issue among some teammates regarding Wilson that quote, he isn’t black enough.  A certain expected behavior based on color, apparently.  One of the sources told me, quote, I don’t know how he got all that stuff, but it’s pretty much true.  We do have a divide.  We’re working on it.  Thursday that notion was not presented to Wilson, but over and again, questions came about Harvin’s departure.”

First, Freeman didn’t surmise on his own the question of whether Wilson is “black enough.”  While Freeman chose not to share any specific quotes he had gathered directly from members of the organization, here’s what he said:  “My feeling on this — and it’s backed up by several interviews with Seahawks players  — is that some of the black players think Wilson isn’t black enough.”  (Emphasis added.)

Second, the notion of a locker-room divide was  presented to Wilson.

“There’s no division in our locker room,” Wilson told reporters.  “There’s none at all. If anything, I think we’ve continued to build, continued to grow. I truly believe that.  I think that the guys that we have in the locker room, the guys that believe that we can still go 1 and 0 and still be a championship team; those are the guys that we have sitting in this room every day. Every morning when we wake up, we’re looking for one common goal and that’s to win football games.”

Over the weekend, Mortensen attempted to shoot down “speculation” (it was more than speculation) of Harvin vs. Wilson by reporting that Wilson “actually wanted to help Percy Harvin with anger & trust issues,” and that the team — not Wilson — gave up on Harvin.  Mayne’s words dispute the picture Mortensen painted.

Which possibly creates a (wait for it) divide in Bristol between the folks charged with gathering news and those with the responsibility of teeing up the news gatherers, talking over highlights, trying to be funny, and sometimes succeeding.

Here comes Chester to defend DSK :lol:

Thats cute :lol:

And actually, DSK just spews the **** he hears on the radio on here and acts as if those thoughts are original :lol: He doesn't evaluate ****.

And please, show me where I slurped BB and Kraft ?

BB is 100 games over .500 in the regular season since he started coaching the Pats. 100 games.

But yeah, he sucks at GM

Edit: For example, DSK didnt say a god damn thing about Jordan Devey playing the tuba and going to a small school initially .Then there's a segment on the radio about it, I open up the discussion thread, and DSK is in here repeating what they said verbatim about ol boy :x . Talk about physically repulsive. At least my thoughts are original :lol:

Last edited:
BB is 100 games over .500 in the regular season since he started coaching the Pats. 100 games.

Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Brohm, EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis, Jeff Tuel, Chad Pennington, Vinny Testaverde, Quincy Carter, Brooks Bollinger, Kellen Clemens, Brett Favre, Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Jay Fiedler, Ryan Lucas, Brian Griese, AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfels, Gus Frerotte, Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper, Cleo Lemon, Trent Green, John Beck, Chad Hennee, Tyler Thigpen, Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill probably helped with those numbers.

Still one of the GOAT coaches, just sayin'

Last edited:
Reactions: sb
The Colts had a great record under Bill Polian. Surely no one thinks he was a good GM, do they?

**** no. Bill Polian is one of the most overrated GMs of all time. He had 5-6 years of good drafts but sucked *** at picking up FAs, and the last half of his time with Indy was full of whiff after whiff.

Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Brohm, EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis, Jeff Tuel, Chad Pennington, Vinny Testaverde, Quincy Carter, Brooks Bollinger, Kellen Clemens, Brett Favre, Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Jay Fiedler, Ryan Lucas, Brian Griese, AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfels, Gus Frerotte, Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper, Cleo Lemon, Trent Green, John Beck, Chad Hennee, Tyler Thigpen, Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill probably helped with those numbers.

Like I said, BB is 100 games over .500

List all the QBs you want. Plenty of divisions have trash QBs . Where are all the other teams dominating their divisions ?

Also, BB is the GM of the Patriots, and he assigned himself as HC. Therefore, BB the GM has secured one of the greatest coaches in NFL history to a long term deal.

He also drafted one of the greatest QBs to ever live

Theres no slurping going on here. These are facts

If Peyton, AR, Luck and Rivers were out for the year starting today. You would see a drastic change in their team's record. If DeMarco or JJ Watt went out of the year today, how different would their record be? DeMarco and JJ are having a great season. But they're not near Peyton, Luck, AR or Rivers this year.

Nah its just funny that certain individuals only want to credit BB for his 'bad' moves and not even acknowledge the fact that he turned the Patriots into the most consistently good NFL franchise. They haven't gotten it done lately, but in a league designed for parity, BB has done an excellent job keeping the Patriots contending. **** is harder than it seems. All most of you have to do is look at your teams records the last 15 years and you will agree with me.

I dont even want to fill this thread with the same old boring Patriots ********. But lets give credit where credit is due. Any GM or HC in the league is going to point to BB as the gold standard.

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. That article is physically repulsive to me. 

Add **** like that up over the past decade and you'll understand my frustrations with this franchise.

Top 5 GM, they say. Suck my ******* ****.

Bro you should call Bob Kraft. Surely you are better at managing an NFL roster than Bill Belichick :lol:

Did BB **** your mombs, fambs ?

"physically repulsive"

Dead

right on time is the boston sheep. dsk keeps it 100 with his team. you defend them at all costs. just like you think wes getting let go was a smart move after tommy boy restructured his contract. keep drinking the kool aid buddy.

I know I'm not the only one confusing Chester for franc :lol:

Bill has done a great job at keeping that team in the mix year after year but clearly that "Patriot way" BS ain't working no more when it comes to winning rings. Yeah you can have a great system but you need the talent also.

Last edited:

That guy
laugh.gif

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/bro...demands-police-call-elway-gets-cut-by-broncos

John Boyett was a member of the Denver Bronco’s practice squad on Wednesday. On Thursday, Boyett was released by the team.

According to police, in between being on the practice team on Wednesday and being released on Thursday, Boyett punched a cab driver, stole a shovel from a construction site, hid under mulch in attempt to elude police, told officers to call John Elway, and slammed his head into a patrol car window.

According to The Denver Post, Boyett began his evening at the Sports Book Bar & Grill, where witnesses say he was intoxicated.

from The Denver Post report:

Police said Boyett tried to take food off another patron’s plate and was asked to leave when he became agitated, threatening to punch a bartender and refusing to pay his tab.
Two police officers responded and called Boyett a cab. About five minutes later, the driver called authorities to report he had been assaulted by Boyett on the 9700 block of East Arapahoe Road, records say.
The Broncos were “disappointed” to hear of the arrest.

This isn’t the first time Boyett has been arrested, nor is it the first time he attempted to invoke his NFL status. Last September while a member of the Indianapolis Colts, Boyett was charged disorderly conduct, public intoxication and resisting law enforcement.

Boyett’s alleged defense at the time was to yell, “you can’t arrest me, I’m a Colts player.”

The Colts cut him immediately after.

best comment I have seen
laugh.gif

When you have cable, you get bored and go to the bar
When you go to the bar, you get drunk and try to steal food from other patrons
When you try to steal food from other patrons, the bartender kicks you out of the bar
When you get kicked out of the bar, you have to take a cab because you're drunk
When you take a cab because you're drunk, you give the cab driver wrong directions and end up at a construction site
When you give the cab driver wrong directions and end up a construction site, you steal a shovel to whack the cab driver
When you steal a shovel to whack the cab driver, the cab driver calls the police.
When the cab driver calls the police, you try and hide by burying yourself in a pile of mulch.
Stop burying yourself in a pile of mulch... Get rid of cable, get DirecTV
roll.gif
roll.gif

Win loss since 2000, as of now : 168-63/ .727%

Win loss since 2000 against AFC East, as of now : 64-23/ .736%

Win loss since 2000 against the rest of the league, as of now : 104-40/ .722%

Had they won two more games against non conference teams they would have the exact same win percentage as they currently have against the AFC East. There's other variable that impact this like the strength of the non-conference opponents etc. but just thought I would throw this out there cause besides Spygate that's one of the number 1 things people bring up 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom