NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this means Gase becomes the front runner for Denver's HC vacancy. 
alien.gif

Wow at these stats :x :x

Seattle in their last five playoff games + Super Bowl:
9 interceptions
2 pick sixes
14 forced fumbles
6 fumble recoveries
8 sacks
1 safety
held opponents under 42% on third down

cot damn..guess i have to be an AR12 fan this weekend

Last edited:
if so, better chance for peyton to return?
I think he comes back regardless of who gets hired at each coaching position. There seems to be a high level of trust and kinship between him and Elway and I feel that he views the thigh injury as something that prevented him from contributing to the team in a way the he believes he could have helped them advance.

if so, better chance for peyton to return?
I think he comes back regardless of who gets hired at each coaching position. There seems to be a high level of trust and kinship between him and Elway and I feel that he views the thigh injury as something that prevented him from contributing to the team in a way the he believes he could have helped them advance.

makes sense

Peyton has to come back. No way he can go out like he did last week. I'm not even talking about the playoff loss. His performance over the last few weeks was just atrocious. Come back and play at a high level and give it one more shot. If he gets hurt again, win or lose in the playoffs, then call it a career.

Josh McNary charged with rape
Updated: January 14, 2015, 5:55 PM ET
Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- Prosecutors in Indianapolis have filed charges of rape, criminal confinement with bodily injury and battery resulting in bodily injury against backup Colts linebacker Josh McNary.

Peg McLeish, a spokeswoman in the city prosecutor's office, confirmed Wednesday that the charges were filed. No details were released.

The Army graduate has been with the Colts for two seasons after finishing his college career as the school's all-time leader in sacks and tackles for loss. McNary spent two years on active duty to fulfill his military obligation before signing with Indy in April 2013. He has 20 tackles in 16 games.

The Colts, who play at New England in Sunday's AFC Championship game, had no immediate comment.

Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press

It would be in the best interest of the team for Manning to retire given how big of a cap hit he'll be next year. Retaining the current team would give whatever QB they place under center in the best position to succeed but as of right now they're going to be letting at least  one of their UFAs walk. If I had to guess they'd be J. Thomas and Pot Roast as they've both probably priced themselves out of Denver and Knighton has already been on record stating he'd like to go wherever JDR is.

As long as Del Rio hires Mike Smith as DC they'll have that defense humming by the end of the year though I'm not sure Trestman would be the answer at OC to aid in developing Carr.

I don't see Manning retiring. He had a great year, had a couple bad games and was hurt. The healthy Peyton is top 5 currently and the injured Peyton is top 10 currently so I don't see Denver cutting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom