NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK
roll.gif

so that makes it ok? under inflated is still under inflated
I'll let Frank Underwood lick your salty tears

“This is what I believe happened: they all wanted to embarrass Tom Brady, and they wanted to put him on the spit if you will. They wanted to make him answer questions about said rule book.”

there it is

His sources is ESPN from 2 weeks ago 
roll.gif

Brunell gotta be feeling dumb for almost being in tears over a fake Morterson story........colts/ravens folks pimped dude for their agenda 

Now the question is why the hell the nfl would let that false information circulate? This isn't something they needed to investigate it's a fact they would have known from 3 weeks ago.

It's a little grimy of the nfl to do that to the pats if this is true.

In the end the only things I'm sure of is the psi of the footballs being a joke controversy and that I don't believe anything anyone has to say when it comes to the nfl.

Last edited:
Now the question is why the hell the nfl would let that false information circulate? This isn't something they needed to investigate it's a fact they would have known from 3 weeks ago.

It's a little grimy of the nfl to do that to the pats if this is true.

In the end the only things I'm sure of is the psi of the footballs being a joke controversy and that I don't believe anything anyone has to say when it comes to the nfl.
More controversy=more views

WORKS EVERYTIME

Haven't been in here in awhile, but noticed we're still talking about those footballs...Not sure what the recent chatter is about right now, but this deflgate gate was made to be a moot issue and the NFL never ended up fining Lynch for his interviews or hat. The fact that these were "issues" in the first place still bugs the hell out of me. It's clear now -- and I felt it was then -- that people in the media exaggerated these just to fill that 2-week void. Complete crap. Can't stand that side of the NFL/major sports.

This thread needs to move along. Until then...homersimpsonwalkinginthenout.gif

Last edited:
Have we already talked about how the Browns owner got in Ray Farmer's way and ordered they take Manziel over Derek Carr and Bridgewater?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...nziel-starts-with-owner-haslams-mismanagement

The board in Farmer's office leading up to the draft had three names atop it -- Derek Carr, Teddy Bridgewater and Manziel, in that order, sources said. Cleveland was all in for a quarterback last spring. Banner and Lombardi stocked up on 2014 picks knowing it should be a decent quarterback draft. That included the masterstroke of getting a first-round pick for a first-round bust, Trent Richardson, who they assumed from the prior regime. The organization also spent considerable money on a statistical report assessing all the factors that went into being a successful quarterback. That report suggested drafting Bridgewater.

Pettine was largely a non-factor in the quarterback-drafting decision, and after an astute trade with Buffalo -- landing a 2015 first-round pick to move down a few spots -- Cleveland, knowing Gordon's status deep in the substance-abuse program, could have drafted any number of impact receivers but instead took corner Justin Gilbert, whose rookie season was nearly as disastrous as Manziel's (more on him later). With their second pick, it was all about a quarterback, but with Carr and Bridgewater -- the 2014 Offensive Rookie of the Year, still on the board, Manziel was the selection with the 22nd pick.

It was no secret within the organization why Manziel was there -- Haslam.
Thus, there was already inherent pressure to play him, despite him coming from a rudimentary college system, despite him being distant and awkward with teammates (it was common for him to eat alone and walk the halls with headphones on, sources said). Brian Hoyer, a Cleveland native, held him off as opening day starter -- Hoyer even coming off an ACL injury knew the system much better and quickly earned a trust with Shanahan and Pettine that Manziel has never come close to gaining yet. But the question always loomed for how long.

Yikes in Cleveland. That whole Browns situation makes me feel a lot better about Oakland.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom