NFL/NCAA Feet & Gear: '13-'14 Seasons Football Equipment/Cleats/Gloves/Jerseys etc.

Truth be told, I was kind of talking out of my ***. You seem to know what you are talking about, and I admit I am probably wrong.

Has to be a first on here for me to see. Admitting that youre wrong and being humble about it without an attitude. My hats off to you sir!

Ya i know it has been discussed, I just wanted to get another opinion and you have been in this thread over the many years that I have. That is strange that you are the same size for all. I am a 9.5 for older Nike models and Talons, but a 10 for Vapor Jet 4.2s or Carbons. I have to do a size up for the tongue-less shoes.

So due to my constant sizing paranoia (I like my shoes completely snug, especially cleats) I always order 2 sizes and return one.

I'm paranoid like you. Did you buy 2 pairs from ndc, eastbay, or richards? I was planning on doing that but I didn't want to pay for shipping back to them.

NDC. Always free shipping and free returns. Buy a shoe, decide later if you like them.

Lol decide within 30 days. I was going to but didn't pull the trigger on ndc.. now sold out. I just got TTS 10 from richards when they first dropped. Expected to get them on Wednesday. We shall see..

ask and you shall receive...it comes with a volt bag, which looks kinda washed out prob due to my office lighting. the black parts of the shoe are reasonably colorful with the holographic stuff, and the only thing i'd really say is it would've looked better to make most of the bottom chrome and then have a strip or section showing the carbon, rather than just a strip of chrome.View media item 769918View media item 769919View media item 769920View media item 769921
Did they come with a nike drawstring bag

This is one of those shoes that I like the look of it, super cool to me, but I could never ever wear that.

Ha, truth be told, I'm not even sure what the hell I'll wear them with, but I'm sure they will get plenty of odd looks. Very polarizing, seems to be either a love it or hate it sort of thing.

As for the sizing, I found it strange some sized up. To be more specific, I thought the 4.2s fit really snug in a 9 for me. My Vapor Carbons were 9.5 bc I bought the oregon volt ones and that was the only size I could get, and I put an extra insole to make those fit well. I would have preferred a 9. I went back to 9 for the VTE, which was the right size, but not as snug as the 4.2s. The Carbon elites feel kinda like that...it's the right size, but nothing has ever felt quite as snug as the 4.2s for me.

I swear, every year I tell myself I don't need more cleats...and almost every year I still get new ones. Damn Nike!

Last edited:
I swear, every year I tell myself I don't need more cleats...and almost every year I still get new ones. Damn Nike!
Hahahaha I know how that goes. I still have 3 pairs of Nike Vapor Jet TD's and my pair of the Original Nike Super Bads to name a few. Just can't get enough. New to this forum deal and can not believe I just found out about it this month! I must have been hiding under a rock. I wanna splurge on these new ones coming out now but I am waiting to spend more on some Nike ID. Damn you Nike!

You guys make me feel a little better about myself. I got a pair of volt CJ81 elites that are yet to be broken out, just got those jordan MCS cleats, and the vapor carbon elites on the way... while still having the SB alpha pros.

You guys make me feel a little better about myself. I got a pair of volt CJ81 elites that are yet to be broken out, just got those jordan MCS cleats, and the vapor carbon elites on the way... while still having the SB alpha pros.

I think most of us have this same problem in here. I have a bunch of pairs of Vapor Jet 4.2's (which I still wear) and Vapor Carbons. I also have Talon Elites and Alpha Pro Elites. Just got in my XII MCS' and I am waiting on the Vapor Carbon Elite in the mail.

How much do you guys all play? I'm in my 30s and all things considered, am basically limited to 1 day a week for about 2/3 of the year. So I couldn't go through all my cleats even if I wanted to.

Last edited:
How much do you guys all play? I'm in my 30s and all things considered, am basically limited to 1 day a week for about 2/3 of the year. So I couldn't even go through all my cleats even if I wanted to.

Im 27. Twice a week the entire year except for the winter, then its once a week.

How much do you guys all play? I'm in my 30s and all things considered, am basically limited to 1 day a week for about 2/3 of the year. So I couldn't even go through all my cleats even if I wanted to.
Im 27. Twice a week the entire year except for the winter, then its once a week.
I'm 31. Play 2-3 times a week year round. I stopped buying as many cleats. Only 1-2 pairs per year unless I find some great deals.

I currently play once a week from Spring through Summer. Still wanna find a good indoor league here in Denver for the winter.

Man, when I was growing up I had two pair of cleats that lasted me from middle school through high school. Now I have 7 or 8 pairs. :smh:...:lol:

I am 22 and play in a 9 - Man league from late March until early August here in Minnesota. So I am usually out and about at least 2 - 3 times during the summer and fall. During the winter it is a tad harder to play outside (in the negatives up here lately) haha. I am limited to wearing my Huarache Free's in the fieldhouse. 

Last edited:
I'm 27 and I play at least twice a week each season. I've played up to 5 times a week at one point... knees didn't enjoy that too much coming off ACL reconstruction

just got my vapor carbon elite's in at work.. i would definitely say TTS, although i would like to try on a half size smaller because i can kinda wiggle my toes in the toebox, which i dont like. I would recommend not getting half size bigger.. fit kinda reminds me of the vapor talon, TTS too. It is kind of a struggle to get your foot into that sleeve because of the tongueless cleat, like the zoom vapor carbon fly 1 and 2's.

toebox is more rounder, kinda like the vapor talon's. good news for people with a little bit more of a wider foot. Not narrow like the zoom vapor carbon fly's.

just got my vapor carbon elite's in at work.. i would definitely say TTS, although i would like to try on a half size smaller because i can kinda wiggle my toes in the toebox, which i dont like. I would recommend not getting half size bigger.. fit kinda reminds me of the vapor talon, TTS too. It is kind of a struggle to get your foot into that sleeve because of the tongueless cleat, like the zoom vapor carbon fly 1 and 2's.
toebox is more rounder, kinda like the vapor talon's. good news for people with a little bit more of a wider foot. Not narrow like the zoom vapor carbon fly's.
This. I just got mine in too, and I feel the same way. Def do not go half size up. I have some extra toe room in my pair TTS too. I don't know if I can go half size down though, as it wouldn't be wide enough for my foot. They feel real nice though. Was going to take them for a spin tonight at my game but it's a bit muddy and rainy out. I'll try them at my next game.

Got mine in and it's more of the same. TTS, but a little more room in the toebox than I would like for a speed cleat. It's nothing double-socking can't fix though. Looks absolutely gorgeous though. Can't wait to break them out for my junior season in high school.

Back
Top Bottom