NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad officiating. All part of the product as intended

Stupid rule, for one. But based on said stupid rule, it was the correct call. NFL is king, but at this point they have to realize it's hurting the game from a viewer/fan standpoint. Usually that helps iniate change, but if they didn't, viewership still high so who knows?

When you are filed as an ‘entertainment’ company you could really care less about the ‘fairness’ of the game.

Ridiculous but what is anyone going to do. Andy Reid is one of the most respected coaches in the NFL and his team just got a royal screw job.

At this point you are playing the other team and the refs. Zero clue how anyone is suppose to play defense in the ‘modern’ game.

Every year fans cry about calls…get over it!!
Refs missed the PI on the play before Brady’s sack and what was even more egregious, ref didn’t know the rule that defense doesn’t get an opportunity to set under two min when Bucs were inside the 10 on a 4th down and Falcons had too many men on the field.
How many of you cried then?

When you are filed as an ‘entertainment’ company you could really care less about the ‘fairness’ of the game.
Agree with everything you said, but they “care” at the end of the day because they need to make sure they show good faith and attempts at making the game “safer” so they don’t get sued and don’t offer any kind of decent medical benefit to retired players that need the medical assistance. All about the money. Cold game.

my theory is that the refs are actively protesting right now....they were told by the league to call those roughing calls due to the whole tua fiasco....they got destroyed for it yesterday and now they double down on it on some petty stuff

my theory is that the refs are actively protesting right now....they were told by the league to call those roughing calls due to the whole tua fiasco....they got destroyed for it yesterday and now they double down on it on some petty stuff

Huh. That's......not completely crazy. 🤔

Stupid rule, for one. But based on said stupid rule, it was the correct call. NFL is king, but at this point they have to realize it's hurting the game from a viewer/fan standpoint. Usually that helps iniate change, but if they didn't, viewership still high so who knows?
It always feels like bad calls whether it's the catch rule, roughing, ect always seems to generate clicks and engagement anyways. Sports talk shows gonna eat on this topic all season for their own viewership themselves 🤷🏿‍♂

It's like when you could review DPI. Fans were upset. Rule changed. Refs basically protested it and we haven't seen it since all while the issue still remains :lol:

Haven’t been more proud of a call than I was of that call.

Last edited:
McDaniels paying homage to his fellow Belichick disciple, BOB by pissing away a 17-0 lead.

Zero clue how anyone is suppose to play defense in the ‘modern’ game.

This is the biggest issue I have. It's become our "old school" ideals with football like how our dads, grandads would talk about their era. Casual viewership, fantasy footballers, new bettors...it's all catered towards them. But then you also get playoff games where defense finally starts to matter, but that's only because refs all of a sudden let them play, for the most part.

"We have to protect the players"

Ok. You can't land all your weight on the QB.

"What a terrible call OMGKYBSWPOCFDDSJHAUI you're ruining the gaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmeeeeee"

:lol: :rofl:

You're on one, my man. :lol:

Sports talk shows gonna eat on this topic all season for their own viewership themselves

This can be included in my first response. Lots of people eat that stuff up, from diehards to casuals...I hate it.

Last edited:
You're on one, my man.

Hey fam, I called it, well over a week ago....... :wink:

Considering the people that already complain about the safety rules that are in place.....

I tried to tell you guys. That Bull**** overreaction is going to hurt the game more than help. All so folks can act like they actually care. Look at the Teddy video man. ONE play. He played ONE play, and a spotter pulled him from the game. A SPOTTER. A guy in a booth. Not a Doctor. Not a Neurologist. A guy in a suite. No oversight needed. No video evidence needed. He makes the call, a player is pulled, period. Just wait.......JUST. WAIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom