NFL Sunday Ticket Appreciation

cablevision FTL
30t6p3b.gif

Saturdays = Ducks season tickets.
Sundays = NFL Sunday Ticket.

Life is good.
pimp.gif
  I'm in the same boat as CP, though - friends/family are like "what are you doing this weekend?"
"I'm busy."
"What about next weekend?"
"Check back with me in February."

Definitely appreciated.
pimp.gif

For those considering getting Sunday ticket on the PS3 you pay 4 monthly installments of $84.99.

Sundays this fall are going to be crazy.
pimp.gif

Football all day, new season of Dexter like CP mentioned. Then you have new seasons of Boardwalk Empire, The Walking Dead, Hung and How to Make it In America.

My body is ready.
pimp.gif

Ha Ha I scored. I just called up Directv at Lunch... told retentions I wanted to cancel and they offered me 24 months of Free HD ($10 credit a month), Sunday Ticket and To Go for $50 total(5 monthly payments of $10).  

So in the end I lowered my bill for the next 24 months by $190 ($240 HD credits - $50) and I get the 2011 Sunday Ticket!
pimp.gif

Yeah Sundays is all about the NFL.  I told my girl if I spend the night at her crib on Saturdays, expect me to leave around 8am Sunday morning which gives me about 1-2 hours which is enough time to set up last minute adjustments to my fantasy line up.  I remember last year, on Sundays I didn't take a shower until around 430pm which is between the afternoon games and the Sunday night game! 
laugh.gif
  Aaaah I am glad the NFL is back.  Now I have a valid reason to hibernate in my man cave! 

I was thinking about getting Sunday ticket but with the marquee matches on Sunday nights plus Jets/Giants anyway..ehhh

Last time I had it I wasn't really thrilled with the quality of the games. Maaaybe if the price goes down for the PS3 subscription I'll think about it.

I called last week to let directv know i wouldn't be renewing
Im gonna call in today and see if i can get it for free. i saw someone on slickdeals got sundayticket for free. maybe ill get lucky, ill settle for redzone, though.

Originally Posted by megatron

Im gonna call in today and see if i can get it for free. i saw someone on slickdeals got sundayticket for free. maybe ill get lucky, ill settle for redzone, though.
Doesn't hurt to try man.  Just tell em all kinds of mess like Dish is offering to give you the early termination fee as credits so there is no reason to not switch over.  Or tell them you have a wife that is nagging you to lower the cost of your monthly bill.  Explain to them the only reason you got Directv was for the Sunday Ticket and you can't afford the full price or even the 50% off price.  Depending on your account, they should be able to give you credits or what not to cover the cost of the package.  If all else fails, keep calling back.

I'm the same way CP is but w/ College Football Saturdays.

As a result, I need to be somewhat productive on Sundays so I've never messed w/ Sunday Ticket.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by megatron

Doesn't hurt to try man.  Just tell em all kinds of mess like Dish is offering to give you the early termination fee as credits so there is no reason to not switch over.  Or tell them you have a wife that is nagging you to lower the cost of your monthly bill.  Explain to them the only reason you got Directv was for the Sunday Ticket and you can't afford the full price or even the 50% off price.  Depending on your account, they should be able to give you credits or what not to cover the cost of the package.  If all else fails, keep calling back.

Yeah man, sunday ticket was amazing lazy year. lions and cowboys and then all the
pimp.gif
matchups that aren't offered regionally
Looking at this weeks regional map made me throw up, i dont want to watch the skins and giants
sick.gif

when i cancelled my automatic renewal they offered 20 off a month but was like "nah"  if not i guess ill stream online for the first time ever
frown.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by el producto79

I refer to the entire portion of my life before I got Sunday Ticket as 'the Dark Ages'.
laugh.gif
  right there with ya bro.  I used to go to a sports bar for like a year before my girl's parents brought up getting the ticket.  I HATED being in the sports bar, other than the multiple tv's I could switch my eyes too, but I couldn't hear anything, people yellin at screaming during weird random times depending on which game, it was a damn headache. 

Now.......my life is just so easy.  Hell, if my game comes on at the same time as another big game I would want to watch, I just DVR the other game, and catch up on it in between the 1 o clock games, and the late game.  Fast forward thru all the commercials and such, get thru a game in an hour and a half or so, maybe quicker if I time it all right. 
smokin.gif

Like I said, Directv could name their price, I would still be paying.  If I had to sell blood on Saturday's to afford it, so be it.  That's why the lockout was stressin me the hell out.  Who the hell needs their Sunday's free during the winter? 
laugh.gif
  This is my church they were messin with. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Have had it about 5 years now, best programming ever invented.  Unfortunately this year I will probably have to work the mornings of half my Sundays
30t6p3b.gif
  But will have 2 games recorded(Detroit and another good one) to watch when the other games go off for the night.  Plus NFL Network replaying games throughout the week
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was the same exact way with the lockout, I love NFL, no way can college take its place for me.  And the fact that the Lions are up and coming really had me jonesing when they were getting close ending the lockout.

Lions fans representing up in here!
pimp.gif
 I am really excited for the Lions this year so I just had to get the Sunday Ticket.  If they can beat Tampa, I see good things for this Lions squad! 

Also that To Go app on my phone/laptop was priceless last year whenever I had to do or go somewhere on a Sunday.  I would do the 4 game mix on NFL Supercast and another game via my Slingbox! 
smokin.gif

This year it looks like I can use a PS3 as an additional receiver.  I already have 2 TVs in my man cave and my laptop so maybe I will mount a 3rd TV in there so I can watch 4 games at one time.  
glasses.gif

Comcast for the first year ever FTL 
tired.gif

Thinkin of just gettin the Red Zone Channel, another add on to my whack cable package
sick.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
my second year with it$

just got my wife to call and see if they had any promos, they gave me $10 off

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Comcast for the first year ever FTL 
tired.gif

Thinkin of just gettin the Red Zone Channel, another add on to my whack cable package
sick.gif
laugh.gif

When I was with Comcast, I had Red Zone. I'd recommend getting it - you can at least see the scoring drives of the other games.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I've had the Ticket for like 13 years now (I went in on it with my wife's fam first, then got my own when we got married/own place etc) and seriously, there is nothing better. 

For 4 months of the year, I only exsist 6 days a week.  On Sundays, @#$% you and whatever you want to bother me with.  I'm gone. 
laugh.gif
  Up at 8:30 AM, shower, eat, pregame, get all my stuff ready that I'll need, notebooks and such, phone charged, laptop if I have it with me, then 10 AM hits, I'm watchin either my game, or if they play later, the game that interests me most.  I set the alerts for all of my fav players on the ticket, so they update on screen as I'm watching, and when a commercial comes, I hit back to the next game. If I see a score that's interesting elsewhere, I'll flip over to that and see what's goin on.  I don't sit thru any commercials, I go to game after game til I find action.

1 hits, and I switch to a new 18 players to update on the ticket, go to whichever game I'm ready for and repeat the 10 AM portion.  I watch til the last second is played in the afternoon games, then I eat, and turn to the pregame for the 5:15 game.  Watch that til it's over, then switch to ESPNEWS or NFLN and watch any interviews, updates, highlights etc til about 10-10:30 that night.

Then I finish the night out watchin Dexter, because it's awesome. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I don't know nobody on Sundays.  If someone goes to the ER, they go alone.  All I ask for is 21 Sundays out of 365 days a year.  I'm a slave to life the rest of the days, but those 21 days are all me.  NFL ticket could raise their prices to $600 a year if they wanted, they would still get idiots like me payin.  I don't care.  It's worth it to me.  I'm a husband, father, son, brother, son-in-law, friend, brother-in-law, for 340 some odd days a year, I'm dead to people for those 21. 
laugh.gif
This was actually quite nice to read.

How does this work on the PS3 if you have DirecTV. I have a friend that has DirecTV and she gave me her account info but it still isn't working on my PS3.

First week is free? Nice! Otherwise I stream through the IPAD with the inlaws account if I can't get over there

Baller, I think if you have someone elses account info that is only good for the apps. I could be wrong though...

I remember when my dad starting getting Sunday Ticket in '98...It was the greatest and coolest thing ever and it still is.

Back
Top Bottom