[h2]NFL to investigate Ravens[/h2]
PA SportsTicker
Published: Thursday, October 23, 2008

A1644711224757376A.jpg
Terrell Suggs Getty Images

[h4]Story Tools[/h4]
Print this story | Return to site

[h4]Share This Story[/h4]
Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs has been doing a lot of talking lately.

In a recent interview with an Atlanta radio station, Suggs said the Ravens had put out a bounty on Pittsburgh Steelers rookie running back Rashard Mendenhall and veteran wide receiver Hines Ward.

In the same interview, Suggs called for the Ravens to bench rookie Joe Flacco and go back to Troy Smith as their starting quarterback. The Ravens, who suffered a 23-20 overtime loss to the Steelers in Week Four, do not play Pittsburgh again until Week 15.

"We definitely like to send a message to rookie running backs who think they've made it," Suggs said in the interview. "We did a good job of sending a message."

Suggs' comments have drawn the attention of Ray Anderson, the NFL's executive vice president of football operations, who was in Pittsburgh on Wednesday to talk to the Steelers about the recent spate of fines levied against the team.

"We are certainly looking into it," Anderson said. "We will look into it aggressively."

Suggs also took a shot at Ward, who had two receptions for 57 yards in the first meeting between the teams.

"Hines Ward is definitely a dirty player, a cheap-shot artist," Suggs said.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin chose not to get drawn into a war of words with Suggs.

"If he chooses to say that, so be it," Tomlin said. "We respect that guy. He's a heck of a player. We don't lose any sleep over what anybody says."

Funny he says Hines ward is a cheap shot artist, yet you're putting bounties on dude's heads. I don't care if it is part of the game or not,for you to be talking like a little @#+!% about another player because you're scared you're the next one to get blown up is a punk move from a punkplayer. And calling for your quarterback to be replaced? Mr. Suggs, it's time to grow up. You sound ridiculous right now.

laugh.gif
at Hines having the whole Raven's organization mad.

How do you embed anymore? i can't find the button to switch to HTML post. Ah well, you get the point.

Sorry if this is a repost - can't believe i didn't see it anywhere yet.

Hines Ward is kind of a cheap-shot artist. i have nothing wrong with the kidns of hits he makes, they arent diry at all. but they are cheapshots.
still goods hits nonetheless

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

Hines Ward is kind of a cheap-shot artist. i have nothing wrong with the kidns of hits he makes, they arent diry at all. but they are cheapshots.
still goods hits nonetheless
Cheap how? Because most WR's in the league are too soft to make those kind of hits?

Cheap how? Because most WR's in the league are too soft to make those kind of hits?
It's kind of tough for you because you're a blind Steelers fan but dude head hunts out there. You don't see that?

Hitting someone THAT hard when they're not looking is pretty cheap. Hines wouldn't do that in a straight 1on 1.

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

Hitting someone THAT hard when they're not looking is pretty cheap. Hines wouldn't do that in a straight 1on 1.
that's my point exactly. there is nothing wrong with a blindside, but still it is a cheap shot. I kno damn well he would dare hit Keith Riversface to face like that

Originally Posted by S4L3

It's kind of tough for you because you're a blind Steelers fan but dude head hunts out there. You don't see that?

He plays the game with aggression - he always has. His teammates respect him for it and they try to play the same way as a result. I don'tthink that's a bad thing at all - i'm sure if somebody else on another team was doing it to my team, i'd be frustrated as well - but i don'tthink i'd be calling him a cheap shot artist. He goes for knock-out hits the same way a safety would, I don't see most of them being called cheap shotartists.

that's my point exactly. there is nothing wrong with a blindside, but still it is a cheap shot. I kno damn well he would dare hit Keith Rivers face to face like that

Blindside != cheapshot. It's only your blindside because you're not seeing the play - dude comes from the same angle almost everytime. It's one of those things - fool me twice, shame on you.

And what do you mean wouldn't hit him face to face? Like in a street fight or something?
laugh.gif
it's a football game man, Hines has never backed down from hitting adefender of any size, be it from the front back side top or bottom. He craves contact out there, even after 11 years of it.

If Hines played defense, there would be no discussion to whether his hits were dirty, period. Name another wide receiver that takes that much pride intoblocking. Go ahead, ill wait

He plays the game with aggression - he always has. His teammates respect him for it and they try to play the same way as a result. I don't think that's a bad thing at all - i'm sure if somebody else on another team was doing it to my team, i'd be frustrated as well - but i don't think i'd be calling him a cheap shot artist. He goes for knock-out hits the same way a safety would, I don't see most of them being called cheap shot artists.
So you're saying he doesn't head hunt?

so in the same interview he called Ward a "cheap shot artist" and tried to make it sound like they meant to injure mendenhall?

He plays the game with aggression - he always has. His teammates respect him for it and they try to play the same way as a result. I don't think that's a bad thing at all - i'm sure if somebody else on another team was doing it to my team, i'd be frustrated as well - but i don't think i'd be calling him a cheap shot artist. He goes for knock-out hits the same way a safety would, I don't see most of them being called cheap shot artists.
So you're saying he doesn't head hunt?

Define head-hunter in the sense of a professional football player? Does he try to injure people? I very highly doubt it - his demeanordoesn't come off that way. I've never seen him do anything truly malicious on the field. Does he go seeking out the big hit? Sure - but who the helldoesn't in the NFL? Everybody wants the highlight tape hit on every play.. just b/c he's a WR he can't do the same thing?

I'm really curious why you think he IS a head hunter.. what distinguishes this?

Does he go seeking out the big hit? Sure - but who the hell doesn't in the NFL? Everybody wants the highlight tape hit on every play.. just b/c he's a WR he can't do the same thing?
LOL. The play doesn't even have to be going in his direction and he will just look for someone to hit. Sure it may not be a dirty hit, butdude is always looking for someone to take out on a blindside hit. I don't even remember the last time this dude even tried to block someone straight up.LOL. Cheap shot point blank. WR or Safety.....

I don't even know why I bother, you're a Steelers fan that doesn't see anything but yellow and black. You win. "Hines Ward just plays the gamewith alot of aggression". LOL.

Does he go seeking out the big hit? Sure - but who the hell doesn't in the NFL? Everybody wants the highlight tape hit on every play.. just b/c he's a WR he can't do the same thing?
LOL. The play doesn't even have to be going in his direction and he will just look for someone to hit. Sure it may not be a dirty hit, but dude is always looking for someone to take out on a blindside hit. I don't even remember the last time this dude even tried to block someone straight up. LOL. Cheap shot point blank. WR or Safety.....

I don't even know why I bother, you're a Steelers fan that doesn't see anything but yellow and black. You win. "Hines Ward just plays the game with alot of aggression". LOL.

The last time he blocked someone straight up? Try every damn play he's on the field - just because you only see the highlight reel shotsdoesn't mean he's not out there blocking normally every play - he's one of the best blocking WR"s of all time for a reason, and it has nothingto do with his knock-out shots.
eyes.gif

And being called biased by somebody like you really means a lot. LOL.

The last time he blocked someone straight up? Try every damn play he's on the field - just because you only see the highlight reel shots doesn't mean he's not out there blocking normally every play - he's one of the best blocking WR"s of all time for a reason, and it has nothing to do with his knock-out shots.
LOL. I already said you win chief....

Hines Ward is not a dirty player......

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

that's my point exactly. there is nothing wrong with a blindside, but still it is a cheap shot. I kno damn well he would dare hit Keith Rivers face to face like that

Blindside != cheapshot. It's only your blindside because you're not seeing the play - dude comes from the same angle almost everytime. It's one of those things - fool me twice, shame on you.

[color= rgb(255, 204, 0)]And what do you mean wouldn't hit him face to face? Like in a street fight or something?[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 204, 0)]it's a football game man, Hines has never backed down from hitting a defender of any size, be it from the front back side top or bottom.[/color]
He craves contact out there, even after 11 years of it.

no as in hines ward going to hit keith rivers face to face like Olineman do during a screenplay. Hines Ward would not go up against Keith Riversface to face.

[color= rgb(255, 204, 0)]And what do you mean wouldn't hit him face to face? Like in a street fight or something?[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 204, 0)]it's a football game man, Hines has never backed down from hitting a defender of any size, be it from the front back side top or bottom.[/color]

no as in hines ward going to hit keith rivers face to face like Olineman do during a screenplay. Hines Ward would not go up against Keith Rivers face to face.

What are you basing this assumption off of? number 1, he's not going to get assigned to block him very often... but number 2, why wouldn't he blockhim? Cuz he's scared?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
no as in hines ward going to hit keith rivers face to face like Olineman do during a screenplay. Hines Ward would not go up against Keith Rivers face to face.

What are you basing this assumption off of? number 1, he's not going to get assigned to block him very often... but number 2, why wouldn't he block him? Cuz he's scared?
laugh.gif

hines ward would only try to get in front of Keith Rivers. he would not try to knock him out in any way shape or form

But why would he? I don't understand what the argument is here? He takes a hard shot on him when he can, he blocks him normally most of the time however...The same way a defender plays - you don't go for the knockout on every play. What's your point?

Anyone see PTI today? Hines Ward isn't scared. Plus the hit he put on Keith River's was just a good block.

I'm having a hard time believing anyone in here played any type of recreational football growing up.

If you get 'cracked,' that's on you. Keeping your head on a swivel is one of the key things to being an absolute aware player.

It's part of the game.

Wasn't Craftsy one of the dudes bashing on Roy Williams awhile back for being a head-hunter? The hell is the difference?

Back
Top Bottom