NFL Week 4 In Review....

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

u should because you dont know what you're talkin about, here's the link to the greatest WR of all time's stats.

there are plenty back to back bad games...

http://www.pro-football-r...yers/R/RiceJe00/gamelog/

30t6p3b.gif
madden & fantasy football is killing real football conversation

indifferent.gif
 At you for thinking I was having a real football conversation.  I was trying to get dude to take the bet.

The thing about DeSean Jackson is, he is one of the most inconsistent WRs from a week to week basis in the NFL. Dude beasts some weeks.....dude also disappears a lot. He puts up great yearly statistics if you look at them as a whole. But when hes catching 8 balls for 160 yards and a touchdown one week, and 2 balls for 11 yards the next, I have a hard time calling him one of the leagues best.

I had him in fantasy last year, and watched him closely. He goes ghost like 50% of the time. I have a hard time calling someone like this a top 10 WR. Top 10 receivers show consistency. DeSean is the polar opposite of consistent.

Fantasy stats aren't a good way to judge football players all the time, I mean, Clinton Portis is the best blocking RB in the league and you don't get credit for it in fantasy....

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by abutta13

u guys do realize that receivers Kevin Kolb cannot throw the ball to themselves right downfield?

Kolb was part of the problem....but the Skins DB's were jamming Maclin/Jackson at the LOS and throwing off the timing.....

Can we just say DeSean is 20 out of the top 20 WRs and give it a rest?

Mike Vick can extend plays, allow for those guys to take the jamming @ the line (nh) and make something happen. Kevin Kolb cannot do those things.

Also, Brandon Tate is slowly erasing the nightmarish memory that was Chad Jackson.

Are you guys serious? 
laugh.gif
This is already looking identical to last weeks thread around page 8 or 9.

Debating back n forth about Desean...then outa no where Dez is put in the mix.

Desean is not top 10 but he's a dam good receiver can we just leave it at that jesus christ.

I dont wanna hear or see the namen Deasean and Dez for the rest of the year thats how sick i am of reading these arguments
roll.gif

Mike Vick can extend plays, allow for those guys to take the jamming @ the line (nh) and make something happen. Kevin Kolb cannot do those things.
Agreed about Vick extending the play....but even before Vick went out w. the injury, Jackson/Maclin weren't doing much.  Granted it was only 3 series and a lot could have changed....but the DB's were being extremely physical w. the two.  I mean, it got to the point where Jackson didn't want to catch the ball with under :30 left because he would have taken a hard hit.  Like I said...a lot of this falls on Kolb.  However, Jackson/Maclin were a non-factor due to the defensive gameplan.  

As far as Jackson...I dunno if he's top-10, 15, or whatever...but the dude is about as good of a deep-threat that you'd find in the NFL.  He's probably the 2nd best WR in the NFC East IMO.  Once dude has a few steps on a defender, it's a wrap.  

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Are you guys serious? 
laugh.gif

Desean is not top 10 but he's a dam good receiver can we just leave it at that jesus christ.

I dont wanna hear or see the namen Deasean and Dez for the rest of the year thats how sick i am of reading these arguments
roll.gif

Yes, we are serious.  NT is serious business, pal!

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Are you guys serious? 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Dezsean

Per Jay Glazer on twitter: 
Marshawn Lynch just got traded to Seattle for a 2011 4th round pick and a conditional 2012 pick.

Leon should've just stayed in NY. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by dreClark

D-Jax might not be a top-5 wr, but he is FARRRRRRR from a bum. Lets be serious.

I look at it like this, it's far too easy to take him out of the game ... aside from his frailness, if you have over the top help or a lb over the middle looking for him crossing, it's a wrap ... for the real top 5-10, you can't take them out of the game that easily ... 

hence my argument about importance to a team.. for someone you don't deem to be elite, you have allocated 2/3 men in coverage to stopping that 1 person

and again.. since reading seems to be very hard for you.. I never said top 10.. my argument was about importance to the team

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

u should because you dont know what you're talkin about, here's the link to the greatest WR of all time's stats.

there are plenty back to back bad games...

http://www.pro-football-r...yers/R/RiceJe00/gamelog/

30t6p3b.gif
madden & fantasy football is killing real football conversation

indifferent.gif
 At you for thinking I was having a real football conversation.  I was trying to get dude to take the bet.

o...k 

Marshawn Lynch just got traded to Seattle for a 2011 4th round pick and a conditional 2012 pick.

tired.gif

How far is  Seattle from Oakland? anything less than a 8 hr drive sounds like a recipe for disaster...

laugh.gif
Marshawn back in the Town straight Sideshow status

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

From one clogged backfield to another. Forsett has looked fine in Seattle - their offensive playcalling sucks. 
30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif

4th Rounder?  What the ++$! are teams like Green Bay, legitimate Super Bowl contenders w/RB issues, sitting on their hands for?

tired.gif

4th Rounder?  What the ++$! are teams like Green Bay, legitimate Super Bowl contenders w/RB issues, sitting on their hands for?
this.. green bay would have been a prefect fit for him (or the eagles.. depending on mccoy's injury)

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

tired.gif

this.. green bay would have been a prefect fit for him (or the eagles.. depending on mccoy's injury)

mad.gif
 Mike Bell is a certified BUM

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

tired.gif

mad.gif
 Mike Bell is a certified BUM

Bills wanted a 3rd for Lynch(cause Philly did actually want to trade for him) but Eagles said no thanks. 
And yes, Mike Bell is terrible. Lorenzo Booker 2.0
30t6p3b.gif

Buckley is better than him, and that's sad. 
laugh.gif

I like Ted Thompson most of the time but
indifferent.gif
at letting Marshawn get traded to someone else for a effing 4th round pick

Back
Top Bottom