NFL Week 4 In Review....

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

And I see people still ignore Smitty in these WR discussions despite the numbers he is putting up...

Which one of Marshall's personalities is top 5 cause the one I saw out there yesterday sure didn't look so hot?

laugh.gif

I give the Lions and Stafford/CJ a good amount of credit for coming back and winning.  But Romo put that on a platter for them.  Those INT's were unbelievably bad.  He basically lobbed it up like they were game ending hail mary throws.  The guy looked unstoppable in the first half and then turns around and starts bombing it out with a 20 point lead.  Garrett, you have three running backs, maybe give them a rush or two.

Still catching up on the rest of the games.

- Sanchez should've kept his *!$ in College...period. He left too soon, wasn't ready for the NFL, let alone a team with super bowl expectations every season.
- Megatron...TD...triple coverage...yeah, I'm convinced...best WR in the NFL right now.
- Say what y'all want about Eli Manning, but you damn right I put him up there with Brady, Manning, and Brees ABILITY-wise. It's just his quiet demeanor and his inconsistency that brings him down a notch.
- The hell is going on with Bradford? Dude is regressing right now. 
- Reggie Bush still not getting used properly.
- The Lions are 4-0 and people still think they aren't legit?
- Didn't Steve Smith want out of Carolina a year ago?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

1. Fitz
2. Dre
3. Welker
4. B Marsh
5. Jennings
6. Miles

Are better complete, all-around receivers than Megatron. There's not a single receiver on that list I would take over him in the red zone or when my team was down 40 and I needed to toss a prayer up. But let's not get carried away here. Stafford and Megatron are being severely hyped right now, Stafford moreso than CJ. Stafford is complete and utter garbage as a qb, which is still better than Tony Romo.

Honestly, if Sensabaugh doesn't get knocked out of the game, CJ doesn't win it for the Lions.

I'm just quoting this because it's quite possibly the dumbest $@*! I've ever read in my life.

Steve smith tried to get out of Carolina during this very pre-season.

Now he don't want to go anywhere.

I was at that SNF game last night, told Rex to go get a damn snack after the game. They blow as bad as we do.

Originally Posted by S4L3

the Cowboys aren't in much better graces than the Eagles are right now
2-2>1-3 bout to be 1-4

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]are > 0-4 [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]dolphins:[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- jesus.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- [/color]
30t6p3b.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- Reggie Bush, again, looked pretty decent in the first half and then, once again, he was no where to be found the second half.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- Not lookin like Sparano, and possibly (hopefully) Ireland, will survive past this month.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- The secondary showed so much promise with sean and vontae but with injuries, and for some reason lack of an attention span, they are lookin like rookies again. That Vincent Jackson double move.... [/color]
30t6p3b.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- I said it before the year started.... Dolphins needed New Safeties, it still holds true.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- Henne is hurt, but should be good after the bye week. He really hasn't played horrible, but to look at matt moore as a savior (which i've seen people say) is just ridiculous. We've seen what and who he is, it's not gonna change. He Alex Smith... A proven non winner, big arm, not much in the head. Who said GET Mallett? That ship has sailed.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- So many things need to be tweaked.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]everything else:[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- Lions, i was on their bandwagon last year, i liked their offense and this year it's even better. Their line had a lot of pressure (only one sack) yesterday. Played really tough. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- Packers, beastly. But with their style of play on offense i want to see how things will be later in the year. Colder, wetter, snow, etc... (i think they'll be fine and it won't change personally but i'm just curious to see.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- Raiders know how to win, need to learn how to put a string of wins together now. Tough test again coming with the Texans this week. Still like their line and running game. They wanna hit you in the mouth all game while giving you the finger... how could you not love that. "I'm gonna be tougher and more of a man than you are." works for me.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] that falcons defense is god awful.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- That boy Hester.... from the U! [/color]
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- Barber..... [/color]
roll.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- Don't know which one i'm more surprised with, 49ers being 3-1 or Eagles being 1-3. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- It's only week 4.... relax. (unless you are the dolphins or vikings)[/color]

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

years of jake delhomme, matt moore, and jimmy clausen will do that to you.

he was probably like, "another unproven QB?"

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Brandon Marshall is still living off his Broncos days man, it's time to drop him out that list if you ask me

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'd have to agree, more so because of his QB(s) and not because of him. He did have a few drops from sunday. It just seems like he's over this nonsense that's going on. don't blame him.[/color]

If you didn't see the scores of these games, you wouldn't know who won them. I'm watching First Take and all they've talked about is the Cowboys/Romo, Eagles/Vick, Jets and Steelers. I'm sure at some point in the show they're going to throw in when they think that McNabb is going to be replaced by Ponder, Cam throwing for near 400 yards again and then show Cassell cursing out Todd Haley. Why the *$@# don't they actually talk about positive things and talk about the teams that won the games? Why not talk about the Titans and ******** suprise starts, how the Lions came back and won the game instead of how the Cowboys lost it, how the Patriots rebounded by $%$%$#$* on the Raiders, or the Bengals with a rookie quarterback and rookie wide receiver upset an undefeated Bills team? It's like ESPN won't talk about any new, upcoming players until they get tired rehashing the same subjects for 5 straight years. If Brett Favre was still in the league and Peyton Manning didn't have the surgery there wouldn't be any difference between a First Take broadcast from 2008 and one from 2011.

Originally Posted by S4L3

Post your observations from Week 4...

-That loss is only on Tony Romo. No other players or coaches. You just can't make throws like that. The only good thing is our only competition in the NFC East lost yesterday as well.
Quotes Of The Week...
"The Eagles basically just beat themselves every game. We REALISTICALLY could be 4-0 right now."-Eagles fan who has somehow secured himself some of the best drugs on the market.
"I'm watching the Ravens vs Jets game and it gets me so upset, b/c I know if our defense just played to its potential we could be that good, or even better."-Eagles fan who was also at the drug pick-up.

Look at this clown.
- Your only competition in the East...being the Eagles...very funny. ******** and Giants now have  leads on you bums, your blind hate is disgusting go crawl in a corner and rot.

-I like how you didn't take any quotes from the Dallas v Det thread, because some of your fellow ******ED Cowboys fans were making THEEEEEEE dumbest posts ever on NT. No homerism there I'm sure.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Why can't it be the Lions are actually a good team who won the game? Why do people have to say Tony Romo is the reason they won, can't anyone give Detroit any credit?

Because the interceptions  he threw (the pick 6s in particular) were the turning point in the game. The Lions are a good team but they aren't winning that game without Romo's mistakes.

As for this week:

- Romo, no words.
30t6p3b.gif

- Megatron.
sick.gif

- The Cardinals got robbed. Victor Cruz got away with that old Plaxico lose the ball without getting touched move.

- The Eagles are all discombobulated right now; that vaunted secondary is getting torched on a weekly basis.

- Michael Lombardi's prediction about the ******** is looking more plausible with each passing week.

- Cam Newton continuing to play, doesn't have the wins to show for it though but that will come. Steve Smith looks revitalized with Cam passing him the ball.

- The QB play in that Sunday Night game was abysmal.
sick.gif

- Aaron Rodgers.
sick.gif
 Best QB in the league right now.

--Always good to see the NFL represent for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  We most likely know somebody or have someone in our family that has been affected by it.

This.

My mother is a breast cancer survivor.
pimp.gif

-hass has brought our titans back to life
-cj2k is slowly coming back

-Titans defense starting to play very well after that first game

-we will win the division

everyone else

-yall have been overating the hell out of cam hes playing good but nothing more then that he has as many td throws as he does interceptions....top 5 qb is laughable

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Cam Newton is a great QB for him, heck anyone... scrambler with a rocket arm. Seems like every week that Smith catches a couple off broken plays. What I'm most impressed about Cam is his willingness to not run. It's a complete shift from his obligations last year and he's making it look easy.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

If you didn't see the scores of these games, you wouldn't know who won them. I'm watching First Take and all they've talked about is the Cowboys/Romo, Eagles/Vick, Jets and Steelers. I'm sure at some point in the show they're going to throw in when they think that McNabb is going to be replaced by Ponder, Cam throwing for near 400 yards again and then show Cassell cursing out Todd Haley. Why the *$@# don't they actually talk about positive things and talk about the teams that won the games? Why not talk about the Titans and ******** suprise starts, how the Lions came back and won the game instead of how the Cowboys lost it, how the Patriots rebounded by $%$%$#$* on the Raiders, or the Bengals with a rookie quarterback and rookie wide receiver upset an undefeated Bills team? It's like ESPN won't talk about any new, upcoming players until they get tired rehashing the same subjects for 5 straight years. If Brett Favre was still in the league and Peyton Manning didn't have the surgery there wouldn't be any difference between a First Take broadcast from 2008 and one from 2011.

completely agree, even as an Eagles fans I HATE how much they talk about ever single thing we do like there aren't teams doing well that deserve to be talked about

- Eli Manning, shutting EVERYONE UP, he's been GREAT the last several weeks, putting the Giants on his back for another 4th quarter comeback, amazing.
- Hakeem Nicks is pretty underrated, no one talks about him, and that's fine, he is a monster, 168 yds on 10 catches and a clutch score.
- The Jets suck, Mangold is out so everything else crumbles, Sanchez is hot garbage and I never want to hear anyone remotely defend him, he is hot poop.
- What the Lions did yesterday warmed my heart, Megatron in triple coverage...no problem.
- That Bills loss will have many hopping off the bandwagon
- Brady and Belicheck said, enough of the nonsense we need to bury these guys, even though Brady didn't have a monster game, Pats are still the most dangerous team to face coming off a loss
- Eagles lost to the 49ers...when Vick threw of 400+ yds...LOL
pimp.gif

- Who would have thought that the 49ers would be 3-1?
- Green Bay...what can you say...Aaron Rodgers is ridiculous
- Houston should have dropped about 42 pts on the Steelers yesterday so many dumb penalties
- They need to bring the "flex schedule" option in earlier, NO ONE wants to see the Bucs vs the Colts tonight sans Peyton, it's a joke.e

1. Fitz
2. Dre
3. Welker
4. B Marsh
5. Jennings
6. Miles

Are better complete, all-around receivers than Megatron. There's not a single receiver on that list I would take over him in the red zone or when my team was down 40 and I needed to toss a prayer up. But let's not get carried away here. Stafford and Megatron are being severely hyped right now, Stafford moreso than CJ. Stafford is complete and utter garbage as a qb, which is still better than Tony Romo.

Honestly, if Sensabaugh doesn't get knocked out of the game, CJ doesn't win it for the Lions.

frown.gif

Its sad that people are such haters. I hope your life improves so that you can get rid of this horrible disease

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Cincinatti, that D is still very good.  If they had a decent QB that team could win the NFC North.

AFC North. I don't know about that, but Dalton is going to be a good one.

AJ Green.
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Megatron. I can't believe y'all still even reply to that clown Marley.

Megatron is the Lebron of the NFL. He is only good because of the size God gave him. He was completely ghost the entire game aside from those two jump balls. As far as being a complete receiver, I'd put at least 5 people ahead of him. He is a glorified rebounder who plays receiver in the NFL.

Look at him. Look.
roll.gif

Killa Cam is not #+%%!%$ around. AT ALL.

That Ravens defense is just
sick.gif

Love to see the Steelers looking old.

Originally Posted by toine2983

--Always good to see the NFL represent for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  We most likely know somebody or have someone in our family that has been affected by it.

This.

pimp.gif

Same here.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

This.

pimp.gif

THIS x2 .... may God Bless your family and your Mother's recovery my dude. Excellent news!

Pick 6. 
pimp.gif
  I'm glad to see some of the Jets fans comin around on ol boy. 

Why, WHY is Baltimore throwing over and over up 20? 
sick.gif
  I know it's a passing league now, but damn, come on. 

Rex blitzing with freaking RB's. 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  Serious, I hate Jabba, but that right there is awesome to me.  The guy will squeeze every ounce of talent he can.  I respect that.  He finds something for his players to contribute, has to make the game fun for them too ya know? 

Hester.  G.O.A.T.  Hope like hell they find a spot for this kid in the Hall someday.  If he gets to return kicks til the day he retires, he might just put that record so far outta reach......

Dez v Calvin. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
  It don't get much better.  Just wish Romo would look to Dez later in games, and Matt would look to Calvin earlier in games.  Sort of weird how it all went down yesterday. 

Andre. 
frown.gif

Kolb is really good at throwing prayers to 11.  That should work out well for a long period of time.....

Philadelphia........Suck4Luck on the sly? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Maybe they meant "dream team" after they get this top 5 draft pick. 
laugh.gif
  Andy Reid, lemme help you out brother, RUN THE @#$%^&* BALL WITH YOUR RB, NOT YOUR QB YOU #$!*$*%@%.  Good Lord.  I seen some of you guys sayin Reid would be their demise, you all were correct.  For such a smart offensive guy, he really is a moron.  If they can't score from 50+ yards, he has no clue what to do in the red zone. 

Pitt D giving up 95 yard drives, in which the offensive team gets like a dozen whistles to slow them down?  That NEVER happens to Pitt.  The end is near, time to start loadin up on that OLine quick. 

How Detroit still score with 12 on the field?  And better yet, how you have an extra defender on the field, and STILL not double Calvin? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Aaron Rodgers.........

Wes Welker laughs at you folks. 

Where Nick Fairley at?  I want that kid to get in there and get goin.  I wanna see what they can do.  And that Thanksgiving game is looking insane right now.  6 weeks away, but this will be the best Turkey game with Detroit since Barry roamed the prairie

Ummmm, Cam put that ball 50 yards on a line off the wrong foot, falling away......I mean...

Moss, Graham, Hester, Gore, Olsen all score for the U.  #143 weeks 
pimp.gif

If we lose to the Jets on Monday Night in 2 weeks, I'm starting up the draft thread.  @#$% this. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

- Sanchez should've kept his *!$ in College...period. He left too soon, wasn't ready for the NFL, let alone a team with super bowl expectations every season.
- Megatron...TD...triple coverage...yeah, I'm convinced...best WR in the NFL right now.
- Say what y'all want about Eli Manning, but you damn right I put him up there with Brady, Manning, and Brees ABILITY-wise. It's just his quiet demeanor and his inconsistency that brings him down a notch.
- The hell is going on with Bradford? Dude is regressing right now. 
- Reggie Bush still not getting used properly.
- The Lions are 4-0 and people still think they aren't legit?
- Didn't Steve Smith want out of Carolina a year ago?
laugh.gif

Fabricated by media heads around here, especially after he put his house on the market. He did that to downsize. He said his home was way too big and kinda impersonal. During the off-season his wife was ill with Lupus, so he was away from everything dealing with that. I'm sure with everything that went down here during the latter part of Delhomme's stay he was frustrated, but he never said he wanted to leave. Around training camp time he was talking about how he acted a fool in his early years and wanted to remain a Panther and do things the right way. Go out on a good note. He's a man of his word. I'm sure if he wanted out, he would have said so. Word for word.

Back
Top Bottom