NFL Week 4 In Review....

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I don't think there is a need for a flame suit. What you said is pretty dead on, he's been there a handful of years as the starter, already won a ring, and is a top 3 QB in the league bar none, playing at the top of his game, week in and week out.
If he continues the pace he is on, this isn't far fetched at all.
considering favre only won 1 ring (and ppl forget how good that defense was and special teams), considering his exit (bridges being burned in the organization) AND his actions after leaving (going to the vikings)..

if rodgers wins it all this year, will that be enough?

No it won't be enough, let's not forget all the records Favre set, with the TD's and YDS etc, he is a staple in Green Bay, but Rodgers is working his way there

as fraij has said.. and as i was alluding to.. dude's rep is tarnished a bit.. he trashed the front office when he left.. basically pulled a 'mean girls' on rodgers.. and the icing on the cake, he goes and plays for the vikings

also, i don't think he'll get the homers anymore.. EVERYONE knows the liability he became in situations.. if he left on good terms i think packers' fans and the organization conveniently forget when that stuff comes up.. but now, not sooo much

at least mcnabb was traded to the ********.. you could tell favre went to minny as a big F U to ted thompson and co

Chester. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

EDIT: Where the hell is that "report" from?
nerd.gif

Some website I found. 
laugh.gif

Here's another gem, from WalterFootball:http://walterfootball.com/pro2009mcrabtree.php
Strengths: Big frame with nice muscle definition ... Does not drop easy passes ... Circus catch ability ... Attacks the football ... Times jump balls well and catches ball at the highest point possible ... Great footwork on sideline, showing the ability to keep both feet in bounds ... Has instincts; a reliable target who comes back to his quarterback and presents a window ... Physical at the line of scrimmage to beat press man coverage and at the goal line ... Gives effort as a blocker ... Elusive in the open field ... Nice acceleration from zero to top speed ... Clutch.

Weaknesses: Route running is questionable because Texas Tech does not have many deep outs, deep posts, or corners within the offensive scheme ... Questionable ability to be a deep threat against faster NFL corners ... Does not consistently generate separation (see game-winner against Texas).

Summary: When I put on the tape in the first week of January, Crabtree became a much tougher evaluation than I previously thought. The Tech offense does not have many NFL routes to evaluate Crabtree, and this worries me because route running is the first thing I look at when determining the transition to the NFL. He has the ability and talent to be a great route runner, it just remains to be seen what the NFL scouts project him at in this area and his work ethic (which I have no way of knowing what this is) could be the deciding factor. This is the only aspect of Crabtree's game lacking maturity. Because of all of his great tools translating greatly to the NFL level (effort, ball skills, instincts) I am giving him a cautious Top 8/4.5-star grade.

Player Comparison: Larry Fitzgerald. You would think Fitz and Crabtree would be brothers based on their similar frames. Both receivers have a knack for getting the football at its apex on jump balls and making the circus catch.

"Nice acceleration from zero to top speed." That "top speed" is quite impressive.

I wouldn't totally give up on Crabtree just yet; his best option is to get out of SF and start fresh...maybe actually attend a training camp for once; that might help.

S4L3 is going to commit suicide before he makes "NFL Week 5 in review"

I nominate myself to carry his spirit on. But not butt hurt and bitter at the world. I'm a Packer fan.

I'm shocked there wasn't more discussion about the Victor Cruz play, just a few mentions here and there.
laugh.gif

Still not sure what to think of it to be honest, he did give himself up but it was very brief. I understand the aspect of not being able to challenge if anyone "gives themselves up", but the rule does state you're down.
Its a fine line especially with trying to hurry up, Cruz was trying to get back to the line of scrimmage to get another play off during the 2 minute drill. I would make sure I had the ball to the ref next time
laugh.gif

Lions
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Dez
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Romo
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Eagles CB's are worthless with the rest of that defense
Hasslebeck
pimp.gif

AJ Green
pimp.gif

Sanchez
laugh.gif

Rodgers
sick.gif

Saints looking like the only thing that can possibly stop GB
Dolphins and their usage of my man Bush
indifferent.gif

And last.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
@ that backfoot fadeaway BOMB Cam threw yesterday... I was hating on dude but I cant anymore
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I'm shocked there wasn't more discussion about the Victor Cruz play, just a few mentions here and there.
laugh.gif

Still not sure what to think of it to be honest, he did give himself up but it was very brief. I understand the aspect of not being able to challenge if anyone "gives themselves up", but the rule does state you're down.
Its a fine line especially with trying to hurry up, Cruz was trying to get back to the line of scrimmage to get another play off during the 2 minute drill. I would make sure I had the ball to the ref next time
laugh.gif
did the ref blow it dead on the field? cuz if not I'd be outraged if I was a Cardinal, I don't care what the rulebook says. Too many instances when they let it go (ie. Plaxico on the Steelers, dude on the Chargers last season)

laugh.gif

Still not sure what to think of it to be honest.

Eh. I think the people who thought it was  "cheap" W for the Giants are a little ridiculous.  Id rather see a dude who obviously didn't "fumble" and clearly thought the play was over get the benefit rather than the Cards D getting an absolute gift because a kid was under the impression the play was over.

Eli still made the throw, Cruz still made the catch and got the yards.  Cards did nothing to earn that ball back so I have no issues with it honestly.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
did the ref blow it dead on the field? cuz if not I'd be outraged if I was a Cardinal, I don't care what the rulebook says. Too many instances when they let it go (ie. Plaxico on the Steelers, dude on the Chargers last season)

I am happy the Cardinals lost, but this play was BS.   First of all, he tripped.  So him going down was not initially an act of giving himself up, it was a result of his losing his balance.  Secondly, there was absolutely no whistle.

If I was a Cardinals fan, Id be pissed.  As a Niner fan, great call!

To me he did NOT trip, watching live he broke a tackle, and proceeded to make a quick stutter move, realized he saw 2 Cardinals to his left and one to his right, and just fell to the floor on his own to avoid a 3 v 1 battle to strip the ball. I never heard a whistle blowing the play dead though, but they ruled him giving himself up and that's a rule.
But then Cruz says today that he thought he was touched.
laugh.gif

I uploaded this video yesterday.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I said it before, but Charles Woodson gets away with absolute MURDER in press coverage...

Hes the most penalized defensive player in football though...
laugh.gif

Chaz = Sam Madison & Ty Law

Hold every play cus you know the refs aren't gonna call it every play.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I said it before, but Charles Woodson gets away with absolute MURDER in press coverage...

true ... he is 35 ... the refs let him abuse people ty law did to murder marvin the shooter harrison 

Saw this on a blog...but folks were marveling at Trent Williams chasing down Laurinitis(sp?)...check it out:

BTW, Grossman left like 4-5 INTs on the field yesterday....

Eli Manning, make that 17 fourth quarter comebacks and counting, leading this depleted team to a nice quick start (needed since the 2nd half schedule is brutal), playing the best quarterback out of everyone in the division thus far.

I'm pretty sure only P.Manning and T.Brady have more(maybe ben)........clutch! you cannot deny Eli is as one of the top clutch QBs in the NFL....dont try it
I wonder who leads the NFL in blown games in the 4th? could it be Tony Ohno? Pathetic.....Eli Manning is playing like a top 5 QB right now, hope he keeps it up .......but where are the Eli haters? LOL Where are all the people that said Eli wasnt even the best QB in NY/NJ?? Sanchez has not improved at all from his rookie season he looks like the exact same QB

If chargers can get Gates back on the field i think they are best team in AFC

Giants Chargers superbowl, Eli's giants have already beaten Green Bay as the number 1 seed on the road we can do it again
pimp.gif
 eli get that belt back!

I

Originally Posted by Jay02

Rodgers will be the better quarterback when its said and done but he wont have the stats to show for it cause Favre played for so long.

I can definitely see Rodgers passing Brett. His accuracy and decision making is way better.

man i'm so not looking forward to tonight's monday night game

if there's a positive, it's that hank williams jr has been "suspended" and his intro won't be shown (slap on the wrist, but still reprimanded)

i'm hoping they got the black eyed peas or justin bieber to do the intro to tonight's game

patriots/raiders game

- what y'all know about wilfork island
pimp.gif
repeated for emphasis
- i know it's all about combine stats and that production doesn't matter, but who leads the league in receptions and receiving yards? oh.
- thank god for seymour losing his cool and JC being JC
- brady far from sharp...but his 60% is good enough against most teams. passed joe cool in career TD passes
pimp.gif

- running game...THERE you are! ridley and law firm doing work. we NEED to be balanced like that on offense
- our defense...still sucks
- mayo likely out 4-6 with a mcl sprain...that's killer for our bum sieve defense

the rest

- romo...i like the dude, but damn. cmon man. i don't know if it's a focus issue or whatever...but he needs to get it together late in games
- megatron is just too good, too good
- wes welker
- aaron rodgers and company...haven't really missed a beat since the end of last year. scurrrrry good right now. my dude woodson
pimp.gif

- bills...i said on monday or tuesday they would have issues in cincy. they're not THAT good...they just played some *!*% defenses, not that cincy is some wild defense
laugh.gif

- jets and ravens...looks like the QBs drank their protein shakes before the game, threw the glasses down, and said "now im done"...word to brady quinn
- wes welker
- the defenses in the jet and ravens games...on point. made both offenses look silly...both QBs with ratings in the 30s
sick.gif

- tennessee...i see you dudes. granted it was the frowns...but hass has that team rolling
- what's going on in philly? i think they'll figure it out, but damn.
- st louis
tired.gif

- seattle making a push for andrew luck? friend at the game saw a sign begging the team to forfeit the game so they can get the number one pick
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

- wes welker
- the university leading the giants back nicely, must say. cardinals couldn't get that extended drive they needed to kill that clock and finish em
- cam and smitty...big numbers but finished just short. pretty good production from the kid, though
- cutler sacked only once
eek.gif

- matty cassel and crew on the board
pimp.gif

- houston making the most of manning being out...hope andre is cool to return in a few weeks
- mia...i like the loss, but your 0-4 record is dragging down the division. get it together
- MNF....don't care
- wes welker

For you DoubleJ's

Cris Carter probably wishes he never opened his mouth about Calvin Johnson. But after declaring before the season that Johnson is great in video games but not real football, Carter is now doing his best to backtrack.

In an appearance on ESPN Radio this morning, Carter acknowledged that Johnson is doing things no other receiver is doing — namely, catching two touchdown passes in four straight games, something that only Carter himself has ever done before.

“Right now, Calvin Johnson — there’s a king in every crowd, and he’s the king of the National Football League as far as wide receivers,

Back
Top Bottom